1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Tequila

Posts by Tequila

  • DM Depot_Beta - By Robert Briscoe

    • Tequila
    • January 9, 2005 at 7:47 PM
    Quote from RD

    Has anyone played the new beta?

    Yeah, not quite sure what's changed though. Is there a changelog kicking about?

  • DM Depot_Beta - By Robert Briscoe

    • Tequila
    • January 9, 2005 at 5:15 PM
    Quote from JAL

    Prolly that´s why it´s WIP

    Like Peri says, it's a little late to solve an inherent performance/layout flaw, but we'll see.

  • DM Depot_Beta - By Robert Briscoe

    • Tequila
    • January 9, 2005 at 4:40 PM
    Quote from JAL

    This map would definitely deserve to win the Valve Mapping Contest :megaman:

    It doesn't at all, because, as stated, the map plays like pap. Too many dead ends to count and insane navigation = no fun. It looks lovely, credit where it's due, but the mapper needs to go back to the drawing board and consider not only deathmatch mechanics but also the PVS/VIS - the whole map is being drawn no matter where you stand, so it's little wonder there's serious performance issues.

  • CTF_EXPORT: First original ctf map for HL2DM

    • Tequila
    • January 9, 2005 at 3:49 AM

    Great job!

  • Army - I'm done!

    • Tequila
    • January 7, 2005 at 5:59 PM

    Good to have you back, squire.

  • HL2world - Dumber than I thought..

    • Tequila
    • January 5, 2005 at 6:01 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Holy shit that is so sick!

    What a cunt.

  • HL: Nightwatch Chapter 2

    • Tequila
    • January 5, 2005 at 5:43 PM

    Tasty. Once my test SP map finished I might apply for a Source position on this beaut.

  • dm_TheEdge

    • Tequila
    • January 5, 2005 at 1:21 AM
    Quote from Soul

    How says you can't use both?

    i mean for the fluorescent lights, in lockdown sample map they used spot lights for that

    Ah, that they did. Depends on the area you're lighting really.

  • HL2world - Dumber than I thought..

    • Tequila
    • January 5, 2005 at 1:16 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    this is why mapcore is way better than all the other communities on the net.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.highspots.com/www/stores_app/images/images_125/cover_john-cena-word.jpg]

  • HL2DM map DM-AVALON by 3D-Mike 8)

    • Tequila
    • January 4, 2005 at 5:16 PM

    Reminds me of the newish Prince of Persia's crazy architecture, which is awesome!

  • dm_TheEdge

    • Tequila
    • January 2, 2005 at 11:50 PM
    Quote from Soul

    Thanks for the reply's I'm gonna check out the lightning but don't know if i'm gonna use normal lights or spot lights yet.

    How says you can't use both?

  • ZAPHOD/MACMAN: Lighting in de_prodigy, reveal your secrats!?

    • Tequila
    • January 2, 2005 at 6:39 PM
    Quote from DD
    Code
    cd "**YOUR STEAM DIRECTORY**\steamapps\[email protected]\sourcesdk\bin"
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    vbsp.exe "**YOUR STEAM DIRECTORY**\steamapps\[email protected]\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\**MAPFILE**"
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    vvis.exe "**YOUR STEAM DIRECTORY**\steamapps\[email protected]\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\**MAPFILE**"
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    vrad.exe -smooth 85 "**YOUR STEAM DIRECTORY**\steamapps\[email protected]\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\**MAPFILE**"
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    pause
    Display More

    Fill in ** **

    smooth 85 increases the smoothing group angle to 85 degrees... since the default is like... 0.000000000892731 degrees of wtf?

    Odd indeed. Cheers DD.

  • dm_TheEdge

    • Tequila
    • January 2, 2005 at 1:31 PM

    Yeah, geometry looks fine, but white lighting should never be the sole lighting. I know Quake 2 was renowned for its browness, but still, you've lost some of the warmth that made The Edge pleasing on the eyes. Try making the main lighting subtle yellows and complimentary oranges, with small dashes of red for highlights, and then perhaps save whites and blues for entirely different areas where you want to promote a calmer feeling.

  • ZAPHOD/MACMAN: Lighting in de_prodigy, reveal your secrats!?

    • Tequila
    • January 1, 2005 at 1:50 AM

    Yeah, I'll check it out.

  • ZAPHOD/MACMAN: Lighting in de_prodigy, reveal your secrats!?

    • Tequila
    • December 31, 2004 at 10:15 PM

    We can. But it isn't going to happen.

    Also: DD, can you help me out in regards to .bat files? I really want to be able to compile outside of Hammer, but don't have a clue where to start.

  • HL2DM - dm_cows Beta Version 1

    • Tequila
    • December 31, 2004 at 8:30 PM

    Try a 3d skybox, to push back the boundaries. Looks awfully cramped at the moment.

  • ZAPHOD/MACMAN: Lighting in de_prodigy, reveal your secrats!?

    • Tequila
    • December 31, 2004 at 5:51 AM
    Quote from Defrag

    I'll post a few pics tomorrow as I can't show the map I'm working on right now (see siggy ). I've tried using the spotlights with various settings including quadratic, linear, constant (500,000 like valve used for dm_lockdown) and large/small inner/outer angle values.. but I still typically end up with a very intense look sporting big contrasts between light/dark. I'm not sure whether Source is particularly suited to the option of texture lighting either.*edit - This is the sort of lighting I typically shoot for, nice and warm -- reminiscent of scary one's HLDM maps. http://img142.exs.cx/img142/5082/scorpius22ae.jpg . (Screeny is from someone's WIP map posted on the other forum. Looks very nice, too. )

    Texture lights are old-hat as far as Source is concerned. Also, are you trying to you spotlights soley as a room's lighting, because you're going to want to have normal lights to 'fill out' space. I wouldn't bother messing with quadratic and linear values; from what I've seen Valve always leave them at default - they have no discernable effect.

  • ZAPHOD/MACMAN: Lighting in de_prodigy, reveal your secrats!?

    • Tequila
    • December 31, 2004 at 4:55 AM
    Quote from Defrag

    I would have to agree that prodigy is one of the most beautiful pieces of level design I've ever witnessed. It's just a shame the rest of the CS:S maps (except Aztec) look rather plain compared to it. I'm having real problems getting acquainted to the Source lighting system. With HL1 I could create any mood I desired and accentuate certain architectural features. Now I seem to always have a pitch dark room with very bright lights that only light up small portions of the room. I've tried fiddling with various entities and values, ambient lighting settings and more.

    Can anyone suggest any good values to get me started? My geometry is looking grand, but it's hard to appreciate it when my lighting looks like it was put together by Marilyn Manson.

    I don't know, the standard values of around 200-300 are fine for standard lights, while spotlights look good in the 1000s. Valve also sometimes mess with the 'constant' value to create amazingly intense lighting, but I've had no luck with it so far. It would help if you posted pics of your problem!

  • Small Insurgency Update

    • Tequila
    • December 30, 2004 at 10:02 PM

    Have you tried making these beauts drivable in-game yet?

  • Pre-Mapcore...CS_Maps

    • Tequila
    • December 30, 2004 at 3:43 AM
    Quote from wacko

    pre-mapcore so long ago

    Confucious says...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™