1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Skjalg

Posts by Skjalg

  • Aion

    • Skjalg
    • September 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM

    I played a weekend long closed beta event not to far back and I wasnt impresssed. I couldn't for the life of me understand why people can even compare this to WoW, they've even managed to make the cry engine look bad.

  • Battlefield Bad Company 2

    • Skjalg
    • September 24, 2009 at 12:51 PM

    Looks sweet as hell, but if you still gotta unload a full magazine into each dude you're gonna kill then I'm not gonna play it for long.

  • Darkest of Days

    • Skjalg
    • September 23, 2009 at 7:12 PM

    I gotta agree with the rest here, a game, indie or not, should never be sold at a price where it doesnt hold up to the competition at that price level.

  • The random model thread!

    • Skjalg
    • September 17, 2009 at 1:46 PM

    If you just have to enter a simple digit password to be able to spend all your credits, then I dont think the panel would be so simplistic in design. Anyone standing 50 meters away could see me type my password. Even modern day card machines got some simple walls to protect the interface (buttons) from onlookers.

    it would be more practical with a thumbprint-scanner or something to access your credits.

  • NS2 Marine!

    • Skjalg
    • September 17, 2009 at 8:58 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    When can I pre-order this

    http://www.naturalselection2.com/ Click on the right side where it sais "Pre order now"

    I preordered the day it was available, cant wait

  • The random model thread!

    • Skjalg
    • September 15, 2009 at 4:44 PM

    Yeah, altho I agree with your sentiment about clean, practical and nothing fancy, then I think the lack of adverticement on it makes it stand out as something I dont think would exist.

  • The random model thread!

    • Skjalg
    • September 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM

    I agree with SKDR.

    You could make it like todays "new" soda machines are, with huge retardbuttons for each type of soda, kind of like:[attachment=0]soda.jpg[/attachment]

    I think you get the picture with the buttons there.

  • [Quake2] spirit2dm4 -- The Healer (final)

    • Skjalg
    • September 5, 2009 at 9:24 AM

    We've had older tech than this posted here, so

    Looks decent, could use a little more light in some places tho.. Never liked a dark arena map.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Skjalg
    • September 3, 2009 at 1:55 PM

    Well I'm still looking forward to it

    It's just that I thought it would be even more awesomerrerrer with those two onboard.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Skjalg
    • September 3, 2009 at 8:06 AM

    Thats a real shame

    I was so looking forward to NS2 with both you and philipk onboard.

  • 70th anniversary of WW2

    • Skjalg
    • September 1, 2009 at 8:21 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    since when do we celebrate the beginning of war and destruction?next thing we know we'll have a party before apophis hits...

    ... wait, i'll be hosting that one.

    Who said anything about a celebration, its an anniversary. It's not the same thing.

    Most of this day has been about remembering all the shit that happened so it wont happen again.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Skjalg
    • September 1, 2009 at 5:20 PM

    What happened to your job at UWE?

  • StarCraft 2 to Support Priced Maps, Mods

    • Skjalg
    • August 31, 2009 at 8:59 AM

    What is this I hear about B.NET costing 8$ a month?

    I heard this rumour from a friend, but cant find an article...

  • Error

    • Skjalg
    • August 31, 2009 at 8:56 AM

    I need more information, but generally if this happens during the first stage of compiling (vbsp), then you had a brush error in your map and the .bsp file couldn't be produced and when second stage comes around it cant find the file specified.

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • Skjalg
    • August 31, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    I kind of liked that, but I'd except it to be something you could configurate on your own.

    i think the word you're looking for here is in game resolution...

    No, actually its camera distance. Totally different thing.

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • Skjalg
    • August 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM
    Quote from Nysuatro

    Hmm, the car is really small in proportion to your screen.

    I kind of liked that, but I'd except it to be something you could configurate on your own.

  • Inglorious Basterds

    • Skjalg
    • August 30, 2009 at 12:54 PM

    I uhm, do not concur with the masses then.

    It was an alright movie, but what makes a good tarantino film is the weird humour and the awesome dialogues. This movie had some of that, but its definatly not his best work.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Skjalg
    • August 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM

    commie-sneakers?

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • Skjalg
    • August 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    Quote

    ":32g55s0x]More of the same... while that same being AWESOME!man, this will sell millions! I've been told fucking Hans Zimmer is doing the score as well! <3

    Are you serious?!?!?! I LOVE HANS ZIMMERS WORK!

  • The PS3 Slim

    • Skjalg
    • August 28, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    Quote

    ":38a5r8q1]

    You have downloadable PS2 games on the PSN store? I know you have some PS1 games, but there's only like half a dozen of them!

    Thats what I heard

    Guess I misunderstood the guy, he is a sales person at an electronics store....

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™