1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Skjalg

Posts by Skjalg

  • my portfolio again...

    • Skjalg
    • September 1, 2007 at 3:14 PM
    Quote from seir

    Thanks for feedback, specially Defrag Tomorow I'll try to find time to connect it with wordpress and change layout colors a bit :> I won't delete Q1 levels. Thisi s a part of the history and deleting this can also mean that I'm ashamed of this. No, I'm not - it's old but someone still is interesting of it (maaany Q1 fans )

    What I think Mazy here means is that you should remove it from your portfolio part of your site. It really shouldn't be the first thing a potential employer looks at. Put it in a "old work" page or something.

  • Unreal Tournament 3

    • Skjalg
    • August 30, 2007 at 10:36 PM
    Quote from Furyo

    Yeah I'll probably make some too. Gotta go learn the Unreal engine anyway

    ^^

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Skjalg
    • August 30, 2007 at 5:58 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Grin needs to be stopped before its too late!

    A hundred kroner says you'd switch your job at io for a position at grin ;D

  • Borderlands

    • Skjalg
    • August 30, 2007 at 5:56 PM

    I dont hate 2k games, I hate securerom

  • Sort of portfolio website, sort of not.

    • Skjalg
    • August 29, 2007 at 10:05 PM

    simple and to the point... I would like to see more screenshots of your work though.

    Oh and, Highslide is an excellent picture viewer ;D

  • Borderlands

    • Skjalg
    • August 29, 2007 at 9:59 PM
    Quote from dux

    Publisher:2K Games

    Ugh.

    gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo

  • AVP2 trailer

    • Skjalg
    • August 28, 2007 at 5:23 PM

    yessir

  • totally random texture thread

    • Skjalg
    • August 28, 2007 at 3:15 PM

    With a more defined border, it would look a lot better imho

    Could just slap a brush based one over there, that would work.

  • Quick question about casual games on PC...what?

    • Skjalg
    • August 28, 2007 at 9:12 AM

    mini games have a huuuuuuuge market if you make it available over MSN / Facebook / ICQ / Mobile phones, whatever 14 year old retards use to chat these days...

  • Medal of Honor: Airborne Demo

    • Skjalg
    • August 28, 2007 at 9:10 AM

    I agree with Mazy here, and I think most of you are forgetting something;

    Yes, lighting and looks might not be top notch, but you could walk on the roofs, and see the entire level without any lag.

    Try that in dods

  • World in conflict Demo

    • Skjalg
    • August 27, 2007 at 6:15 PM

    torrent ftw...

    I tried it and loved it

  • HL2 map designer needed

    • Skjalg
    • August 27, 2007 at 8:16 AM

    The ones I've talked to, that has done this kind of thing have charged 1000~1500$ for this kind of a project.

    Is this something you are really willing to pay to see that building get made?

  • The CoD4 beta is letting loads of people in soon

    • Skjalg
    • August 27, 2007 at 8:13 AM

    Once again, europeans are getting fucked in the ass by american developers.

    (those of you on irc might remember me bitching about the same thing when bioshock was released )

  • Medal of Honor: Airborne Demo

    • Skjalg
    • August 26, 2007 at 9:05 PM

    I think it was very awesome...

  • HL2 map designer needed

    • Skjalg
    • August 26, 2007 at 4:07 PM

    and uh, how big are we talking?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skjalg
    • August 26, 2007 at 11:58 AM

    Why has so few done the campaign in russia? Or the whole thing in japan?

  • Borderlands

    • Skjalg
    • August 26, 2007 at 10:31 AM

    ooo

    looks good

  • HL2 map designer needed

    • Skjalg
    • August 26, 2007 at 10:19 AM

    did I misunderstand or was this a paid project?

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • Skjalg
    • August 26, 2007 at 10:16 AM

    Developers that make games that they want pro gamers to compete in, usually have those options.. I guess SP games couldn't care less

  • go-kart model

    • Skjalg
    • August 26, 2007 at 10:13 AM

    I really like it...I would really like to know how you go about making (or continuing on something like that), is there any chance you can sit down and just record what you do for a couple of hours?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™