1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. st0lve

Posts by st0lve

  • Steppin' on the beach

    • st0lve
    • December 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM

    Now I have voices in my head

  • Steppin' on the beach

    • st0lve
    • December 5, 2011 at 8:17 PM

    I'm at 40 minutes now, somehow it doesn't really bother me today even though I only made it a few minutes the first time.

    < He matches the beat.

  • [Sketchup] to [XSI] or [Blender]...

    • st0lve
    • December 3, 2011 at 12:14 AM

    How many people from Mapcore, currently working professionally, would have been where they are without any pirated software? My guess is a very small %.

    If you are not making any money from what you are doing, does it then hurt you to learn a tool, which you might end up buying? Most people do not spend thousands of dollars on software they have no clue about how to use.

  • new forum stuff

    • st0lve
    • December 2, 2011 at 11:25 PM
    Quote from madgernader

    this...

    Even I would. I've only had 3 beers so I have to commit.

  • Gabe - Piracy non issues for Steam.

    • st0lve
    • November 28, 2011 at 4:20 PM
    Quote

    ":2hx0rgr1]Serious question, do you guys still download shit? Movies? Series? Music? Games?

    Yes. Well not games, I barely play anything anymore and online play is a must if I decide to play. Steam also made it (too) easy instead of bothering with cracks etc.I have no issues with downloading movies, series or music.. I won't pay $17 to watch a movie at the cinema alone, and I won't rent a movie for $10 for 24 hours. If I could buy a cheap online copy, sure I'd do that, and some DVDs and box sets are just worth owning. Series are downloaded because I want to watch them when I want to (no PVR), and not when they air on TV, which is 5 years after they aired in the US. I buy music if I like it, meaning that I downloaded the album first and evaluate it for a while before I decide to buy it or not..

    Stealing is wrong, but unless laws have changed here, it's allowed to download movies, series and music for private use

  • State of Game Design 2011

    • st0lve
    • November 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM

    - Michael Bay syndrome.

  • Rainbow Six: Patriots

    • st0lve
    • November 5, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    Quote from Izuno

    Actually that is a good point, so I watched it again. No time to radio the cops? Is that realistic? Did the designers consult with military/police procedure experts?

    If they are on the same net, then it's just a matter of getting to the same channel. On a modern radio, that means to turn a knob a few clicks. If not on the same net, it's impossible to get direct connection quickly.. However, a HQ with 1 guy with 2 or more different radios is a pretty common thing, or a liason officer. Hell, why doesn't Rainbow have the frequency for the NYPD on their radio when they are in NYC?I guess it's just a "cool feature", even though shooting friendlies isn't cool at all, no matter where you hit them.

  • Rainbow Six: Patriots

    • st0lve
    • November 5, 2011 at 8:01 PM

    - "WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO RADIO THEM, SHOOT THEM INSTEAD"

    Makes about as much sense as:

    - "MINO DOESN'T ANSWER THE PHONE, NUKE BRAZIL"

  • Rainbow Six: Patriots

    • st0lve
    • November 4, 2011 at 11:15 PM

    It looks like something I could play, but for all I care it could be named Ultimate Operator Delta Elite Squad Tactical 3.

    I want my Rogue Spear remake.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza

    • st0lve
    • November 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

    I switched from viking to a mix between blond Hitler with wide mustache and Brad Pit in Inglourious Basterds..

    [Blocked Image: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2455/37713610150911893440374.jpg]

    It's Movember after all.

    It looks fucking stupid.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza

    • st0lve
    • October 29, 2011 at 1:57 PM

    Embracing the cultural heritage:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/k4KkR.jpg]

  • Hey Minos... say goodbye to:

    • st0lve
    • October 26, 2011 at 10:21 PM

    Congrats minos!~~~~ ~

    Now let me know if you guys need a guy to wash the toilets at Blizzard, or a manly maid at your and peris' frathouse

  • PAYDAY: The heist

    • st0lve
    • October 22, 2011 at 11:05 AM

    Imma buy one. This looks like fun.

    It's the first game I buy since... I have no idea

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • st0lve
    • October 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM

    I just ordered a new sewing machine A full blown industrial one. I love getting tax refunds

  • AfterFall InSanity

    • st0lve
    • October 18, 2011 at 6:55 PM

    I worked a short while on Afterfall when it was an indie post apocalyptic RPG game.. I don't think this is even the same world as they initially had planned

  • Battlefield 3

    • st0lve
    • October 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM

    shit won't run on my laptop.. fuck fuck fuck.

  • M4 Loaded

    • st0lve
    • October 6, 2011 at 5:10 PM

    To ask a wired question:

    Why is the Aimpoint 3x mounted in an Eotech mount? Eotech mounts are made by A.R.M.S, and Aimpoint has their own factory mount for their 3x, or other 3rd party mounts, but none made by Eotech. It's like buying a Honda sideview mirror for your Chrysler...

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • st0lve
    • October 4, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    Quote from dux

    Da fuck is that

    It's a thin wool hoodie.. The hood is designed like a Buff, so it works as a neck gaiter when it's not on your head. Imma gonna let me use it while biking and running.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • st0lve
    • October 4, 2011 at 6:24 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/uoiUy.jpg]

    I love wool.

  • R.I.P Engineer

    • st0lve
    • October 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM

    RIP Engiee

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™