1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • OH SHIZZY THIS FORIZNITS BACK1!!1

    • insta
    • March 11, 2005 at 7:15 PM

    HUZZAH!!!

  • Oh god I tried modelling again

    • insta
    • January 31, 2005 at 9:19 PM

    So since I haven't had much inspiration lately for mapping, I decided to pick up modelling again (it would be nice to be able to make my own props).

    Here's something I started on Saturday, I guess I've put atleast 10 hours into it (modelling + re-learning the tools).

    I wanted to re-create this :

    [Blocked Image: http://img116.exs.cx/img116/1076/set177gx.jpg]

    And came up with this :

    [Blocked Image: http://img185.exs.cx/img185/5975/internets8ur.jpg]

    The perspective is sorta off, but it sorta looks like the drawing. Sorta.

  • HL2 mods with Photoshop CS and 3ds MAX

    • insta
    • January 30, 2005 at 4:05 AM
    Quote from Fletch

    again, just like sex.

    It's supposed to get better over time?

    Oh

  • painkiller

    • insta
    • January 24, 2005 at 1:34 PM

    One of the best FPS games in 2004. I <3 the stakegun.

  • Fallout 3 is ruined.

    • insta
    • January 23, 2005 at 7:12 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    whats the point in aquring the fallout license if you're gonna do stuff like this that has almost nothing to do with the original fallout games?

    Slap the familiar name on the end-product, sell lots of copies.

  • Mexican Villa textures wanted!

    • insta
    • January 23, 2005 at 3:43 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img177.exs.cx/img177/914/untitled45ok.jpg]

    It doesn't tile, I haven't made the bump or normalmaps yet, but it's getting there.

    Ahem.

    Sorry I am no help, it's late. What engine/game are you looking for these textures for? Alot of it can probably be found in stock content in HL2/CS:S, although it would demand some creative work to not get labeled as a remake of a existing map.

  • Post your screenshots

    • insta
    • January 22, 2005 at 9:01 PM

    Very nice work, JAL. Solid design!

  • Homage to V:tM - Bloodlines

    • insta
    • January 21, 2005 at 4:40 PM

    Awesome. I'd like the first one in poster form :E

  • Lookey what I can do!

    • insta
    • January 20, 2005 at 5:02 PM

    Quite impressive, especially the 2d viewport screenshot of the car.

    Like peri said, learn modelling! I think you'd be really good and you would be able to fully visualize your ideas.

  • mp5k

    • insta
    • January 20, 2005 at 4:32 PM

    Hot as hell, good job!

  • Dm_Threshold

    • insta
    • January 20, 2005 at 1:09 PM
    Quote from RD

    [Blocked Image: http://www.pitrd.com/pit/images/pitrd_pearl.jpg]

    Huzzah! This is the greatest moment in my life!

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • insta
    • January 18, 2005 at 12:03 PM
    Quote from mike-0

    aha! thanks.Well, i cant use the paint alpha tool for some reason. Im using textures with "blend" in the name. I think i read somewhere its a bug, but i wanna know what the deal is.

    Shift+a, select the displacement map you want to alpha paint on, go into the displacement menu, select alpha paint and start drawing directly on the brush in the 3d view. If it doesn't work when doing this, then....well, then it doesn't work

    What happens when you press 'Invert Alpha'? Does the entire texture on the selected displacement map change, or does nothing happen?

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • insta
    • January 17, 2005 at 11:47 PM

    Looks like the displacement maps arent lined up. They either need to line up completely, or at the midpoint.

  • Kickass flash movie

    • insta
    • January 17, 2005 at 7:07 PM

    It is indeed very kickass, the animation and artstyle is really cool.

  • RELEASE: dm_scorpius BETA 1

    • insta
    • January 16, 2005 at 8:47 PM

    Huzzah!

  • n64

    • insta
    • January 15, 2005 at 9:32 PM
    Quote from Oski

    The level facility in goldeneye was so good back then. Im not sure if it would be the same now though. But a HL2DM remake maybe could be good, if someone really tried, and made it look good. Someone?

    I'm pretty sure it's already been done.

    Edit: Here we go!

  • so, a new CS:S map from valve

    • insta
    • January 15, 2005 at 7:49 PM
    Quote from Zeta

    Me too, criminally underrated and one of the longest FPS's you'll ever play...

    It pretty much has everything you want from a fps. Just when you think you must be near the end, you get sent somewhere else!

    It was sort of like HL2, except the buggy was replaced by a motorcycle, the boat was replaced by a snowmobile and Gordon was replaced by a sassy Scottish thief/secret-agent woman.

  • so, a new CS:S map from valve

    • insta
    • January 15, 2005 at 5:48 PM
    Quote from Zyndrome

    An eye-candy version of de_tides_cz for CS:CZ, heh.Here's a screenshot of the same area, in CS:CZ : http://www.shatteredminds.net/skit/tides1.jpg

    The layout of the map is horrible imho. They better add a few extra routes to makes it more enjoyable.

    Haha, that is quite the improvement! Good lord that CZ map looked horrible.

  • Dm_Threshold

    • insta
    • January 14, 2005 at 9:29 PM
    Quote from von*ferret

    looks promising. Can you get onto where the warehouses are? Or is it just a sewer stomp?

    Well, sorta. You move around in a basement-section. It doesn't really have a consistant theme, but don't tell anyone :S

  • Dm_Threshold

    • insta
    • January 14, 2005 at 7:54 PM

    Here's a DM map I've been working on for the last month, for the Valve mapping contest. It's a medium-sized DM map set in the C17 canals and sewers. A nice mix between outdoor and indoor combat.

    I'll release the map January 30th, when the contest ends and the winners are announced (I am fairly certain I am not one of them).

    Some screenshots :

    [Blocked Image: http://img133.exs.cx/img133/4149/dmthreshold16vn.jpg]

    Ye olde canal-e.

    [Blocked Image: http://img133.exs.cx/img133/5048/dmthreshold21uj.jpg]

    The main indoor chokepoint.

    [Blocked Image: http://img133.exs.cx/img133/5563/dmthreshold32nm.jpg]

    Generic cramped sewer-room.

    [Blocked Image: http://img155.exs.cx/img155/5207/dmthreshold43xd.jpg]

    Outside again.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™