1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Diablo 3

    • insta
    • June 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/XIrdK.png]

  • Among the Sleep

    • insta
    • May 31, 2012 at 11:53 AM

    I also don't know.

  • Hitman: Absolution

    • insta
    • May 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM

    Latex-wearing, assault-rifle-toting, prison-tattooed nuns getting their necks snapped

    Latex-wearing, assault-rifle-toting, prison-tattooed nuns getting their necks snapped

    Latex-wearing, assault-rifle-toting, prison-tattooed nuns getting their necks snapped

    Latex-wearing, assault-rifle-toting, prison-tattooed nuns getting their necks snapped

  • Diablo 3

    • insta
    • May 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM

    Been playing it for a while. It's no Starcraft2. But only Starcraft3 will be Starcraft2, so that's to be expected.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • May 29, 2012 at 11:52 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/16/15475/thumb_620x2000/comparison_exitroad.jpg]

    Another one! Pretty much everything shown in the bottom part is the work of rick_d!

  • Tim Hynd - Level Designer

    • insta
    • May 29, 2012 at 12:28 PM

    I think I'd remove the modeling page and just mention it in the CV. I'm not very good at modeling, so that's why I just say it in text and let the reader imagine what awesome high quality models I can make. Once they hire me its too late.

    The Portal2 screenshots are very messy, maybe find one or two cool angles, remove the weapon from view, and put some more effort into presentation?

    All your level design docs are marked as "confidential" in the bottom left corner, which they don't actually appear to be, so maybe remove that.

    Also remove the lines under each work experience how it relates to the games industry, because crueler people than me might laugh at that, and not in a funny way

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • May 27, 2012 at 11:18 PM

    Continuing working on Mission Improbable 3, and the upgrade to part 1 and 2 at the same time, with huge help from rick_d!

    [Blocked Image: http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/m…_comparison.jpg]

    You can follow the development here, if you want to :

    http://www.moddb.com/mods/mission-improbable

    Actually I think I'll add that to my forum signature

  • Farcry 3

    • insta
    • May 22, 2012 at 8:27 AM
    Quote

    @MrDubstepaholic It's called cinematic experiences. The experience wouldn't be as engaging if you weren't locked into the environment like this. Just because Farcry has improved doesn't you need to bash on it.Pdate92 11 hours ago

  • Dear Esther Getting Commercial Release

    • insta
    • May 17, 2012 at 2:50 PM

    You have a nice computer.

  • [HL2: EP2] Station 51

    • insta
    • May 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM

    Now I've played it, and here's the feedback!

    It's really good! Love the use of color, even though it can get a bit dark in the outside areas now and then. The enemies would feel better if they're more active from the start, right now it feels like a lot of them are just waiting for you to come into their line of sight. Ambient sounds would be great, I can't remember if they were there or not, but if they are, then they are a bit too subtle. The jump right after you get the airboat was a bit weird and ruined the flow a bit. After the large fight near the beginning, with the guys coming from the dropship, there was a pretty long calm period, maybe re-introduce light combat towards the end of the lull since right now it goes from no combat at all to business as usual very quickly.

    Anyway, I recorded a demo while playing it, so you can take a look at that and draw your own conclusions. Definitely think you should continue developing the map, I think it will end up great!

    http://magnarj.net/files/station51_playthrough_a1.rar

  • [HL2: EP2] Station 51

    • insta
    • May 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

    Cool! I'll be sure to play it and give some feedback!

  • Diablo 3

    • insta
    • May 14, 2012 at 7:28 PM

    I'm home now, it's installing just fine, I guess I bought it after the problem was discovered. What's everybodys battletag thingy?

    Mine is daffodil#2999

  • Diablo 3

    • insta
    • May 14, 2012 at 4:57 PM

    GOD DAMNIT

  • Diablo 3

    • insta
    • May 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM

    Bought and preloaded it this weekend. O M G.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • insta
    • May 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM

    That's a really cool concept puddy!

  • Piratebay officially blocked in the UK

    • insta
    • May 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

    I'm sure you can convince your parents to go for the "With Porn" option, so you can continue watching full HD videos of teenage russian girls inserting kitchen utensils up their reproductive organs.

  • Portal 2's The Perpetual Testing Initiative

    • insta
    • May 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    here's to hoping that people at autodesk/unity etc. all take heed of how awesome this will be

    Sketchup is a good gateway-drug into modeling.

  • THE PERPETUAL TESTING CHALLENGE: Rules and Discussion!

    • insta
    • May 3, 2012 at 8:09 AM

    Cool!! Probably won't have time to make any entries, but looking forward to playing!

  • I'm a dad

    • insta
    • May 2, 2012 at 9:24 AM

    I don't think I've congratulated you earlier, so congrats!!!!!

  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

    • insta
    • May 2, 2012 at 7:06 AM

    Call of Duty Salvation

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™