Pity reply.
Posts by insta
-
-
-
Congrats dude

-
Good golly, thanks RD and Kosmo

-
It must be the best job in the world to work on that show. And the redhead girl is a hottie

-
He's just a failed ambulance-chaser lawyer which wants attention. So far he hasn't actually managed to do something, except hop on the bandwagon once something new and "shocking" happens.
Hopefully he will mess with the wrong company once, such as EA, and their legal team can blast him into the sun. I'd love to see that happen.
-
The flat sheet of paper should be in a separate texture which the mapper can place as he wants as a decal or overlay. Painting stuff like that on the texture (especially a floor texture) will stand out when used in a map. Also like peri said, that's alot of variations of one texture. Make three textures, one without any side-debris, one with only side-debris and one corner-debris, then let the mapper flip around the texture to fit the actual map.
-
Pretty cool demo, scared me like no other game.
I liked the combat and the scary parts. The level itself was pretty bad, like CJ said, a collection of bland rooms stringed together to form a bland level. The shadows were neat, although a bit exaggerated (for example, when the player moved infront of the car at the beginning).
I loved the special effects such as grenade explosions and slow motion.
I wonder how the rest of the game will turn out. According to the videos released so far, the little girl is featured in every level, which might be a bit repetitive after a while (although she was very scary).
I loved the small details, like just before the first encounter of the girl, the rats come running away from the room she is in etc.
What I would really like to see on this engine though is Aliens vs Predator 3! Please Monolith, make it so.
-
[Blocked Image: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9228/petcrate3ps.jpg]
Smash the crate-like object with a crowbar and receive a healthpack and a complimentary kitten!
-
Try this link if you're having problems getting decent download speeds :
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/pc/fear/files/1121858
Currently maxing out my connection.
-
Was this map ever released? One of the prettiest HL1-engine maps ever

-
Man I hope this game doesn't suck. The first E3 video I saw (of the office building) looked kickass, but a few days ago I downloaded a new video from Shacknews where the action was set in a generic warehouse. It looked pretty bland and it showed a wacky engine bug (player floated through a wall at the end). Guess I'll know in 4 hours and 31 minutes, according to Bittorrent.
-
Currently in line at Fileshack with 43 minutes left

I'll hop on the torrent and see what finishes first.
-
Looks like a good time

-
rockdude, that looks sweet. Good to see some custom textures in use. It reminds me of the hell-sections of Doom3, for some reason.
-
Hello skybex and enjoy your stay!
-
Quote from OrnateBaboon
Insta - What do you mean by complex exactly? A bit complicated maybe?
Also, does anyone else have a problem with the street lights? I have never really seen them as a problem, but if other people find them strange as well, we will look into removing them.
By complex I mean that you've put more effort into your brushwork than most custom maps out there. I'm sure you've noticed that a large amount of maps out there are extremely basic architecture coupled with a ton of props.
In shorter words, it was a compliment

-
Looks pretty good, very complex. In the main courtyard, the streetlights should maybe be removed, since they don't really fit with the theme?
-
Cool, nice photos. I like the underwater ones.
-
I love it!