1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Scripting in Source

    • insta
    • September 9, 2005 at 3:09 AM
    Quote from |FRITZ|

    If you dont know how to code like me. Hammer is a freakin dream in terms of the io system, and the amount of entities you can explore to create new game types and physics shit.

    Hear hear. Once you learn to use the IO system, you start to understand how powerfull it really is.

  • Moving...

    • insta
    • September 8, 2005 at 10:00 PM

    Congrats and good luck, man

    Hope you like your new home

  • Guess the map!

    • insta
    • September 8, 2005 at 6:07 PM

    Oh crap, I remember that one. Well, except for the name

  • Scripting in Source

    • insta
    • September 8, 2005 at 1:33 PM

    Pretty sure it's all code. A scripting engine would be very neat on the source engine, since you could have Unreal-like mutators and such.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • September 8, 2005 at 1:31 PM
    Quote from Mr.Ben

    Theres a hole in the wall but where are the blast marks and rubble?

    Is this comment for my map? Anyways, the rubble and all that nasty stuff comes later. I'm making the rest of the map first, then add details.

  • Whats wrong?

    • insta
    • September 7, 2005 at 2:28 PM

    The weirdest compiling bug I've experienced was on the HL1 engine. 2 hour compiletime, the map is supposed to be playtested in like 45 minutes, finally the compile finishes and it's time to quickly check the map for any last minute bugs. Load up the game, and the entire map is lit in very bright red light with multicolored spots here and there. Playtest cancelled

    The map compiled fine on another computer however, and I've never had the problem again.

  • fy_cawkpawd

    • insta
    • September 7, 2005 at 1:51 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    No one loves the WIP forum

    I mean the forums in general.

    That's true. Maybe we should start a revolution (or ask mikezilla very nicely for some new moderators).

  • fy_cawkpawd

    • insta
    • September 7, 2005 at 9:56 AM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Sadly half of the moderators we have don't visit these forums regularly.

    No one loves the WIP forum

  • Offering "some modeling" for a dedicated mod

    • insta
    • September 7, 2005 at 9:54 AM

    Those are some pretty models. Good luck

  • fy_cawkpawd

    • insta
    • September 7, 2005 at 3:06 AM

    Well this is the worst thread ever as of yet.

  • IRC Quotes:

    • insta
    • September 6, 2005 at 11:31 PM

    I think irc quotes are only funny/interesting for the people involved. Because this was not funny or interesting.

  • Looking for Looters ?

    • insta
    • September 6, 2005 at 6:54 PM

    As I understand it, most of the people "left behind" were black and poor. They had no money or ways to get out of the area, so they had to stay.

  • A robot model

    • insta
    • September 6, 2005 at 6:46 PM
    Quote from barrakid

    baby strider, so cute lol

    Agreed, it does look like a baby strider. Very cool stuff.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • September 5, 2005 at 4:18 AM

    Quake3 I think.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • September 5, 2005 at 12:56 AM
    Quote from csharp

    Insta, say ´the name of that map

    Well, it's based on the dod_railroad layout, but there's no railroad anymore so I'll have to find a new name.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • September 4, 2005 at 4:40 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Looks good insta. Add some overlays to the floor on the first pic are cuz it looks pretty empty and repetitive atm.

    Aye. I think I'll break it up with some height difference as well, the surface is a bit too big and empty right now. Hopefully some new pictures later.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • September 4, 2005 at 7:04 AM

    Some pictures of a map I'm working on for DoD:Source. It's a port of a older dod map of mine. I restarted this project for the third or fourth time today, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

    I don't want to commit myself to one texture set just yet, since I want to see what DoD:S ships with in terms of textures and models, but for now the de_inferno textures are doing great.

    This is tonights work :

    [Blocked Image: http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/5236/cyard29ub.jpg]

    Main courtyard overview. Alot of emptiness right now, but I'll spruce it up with some craters and whatnot.

    [Blocked Image: http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/2789/cyard16ly.jpg]

    Extreme closeup of some random junk.

    Mind you this is just one nights work. I'll be sure to keep you all updated on my progress

  • question about hl2

    • insta
    • September 3, 2005 at 5:05 AM

    I'm pretty sure they used photosourcing for all the faces. In the Raising the bar book there's pictures of the in-game models and the real-life "inspiration". Don't know about the clothes though

  • [HL² MOD] OPPOSING SOURCE recruitment urgent !

    • insta
    • September 3, 2005 at 2:52 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    Hey guy's who wants to take bets on when 'Blue-Shift source' is announced? :roll:

    14th of August 2005?

    http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89152

  • The Island & Product placement

    • insta
    • September 1, 2005 at 5:35 AM

    The only ones that really stood out for me was the Xbox and MSN Search. Both seemed really out of place and very blatant, like the makers of the movie never even attempted to bring up the brands in a reasonably realistic way.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™