1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • damn to those endiiinnngs §!!

    • insta
    • October 29, 2005 at 2:50 AM
    Quote from Fletch

    Doesn't poisson mean fish?

    I thought so too. But anyway, what games have a good ending? It would seem that most big-budget titles have to leave the story open to make way for a sequel or expansion pack.

  • World of Warcraft - Burning Crusade

    • insta
    • October 28, 2005 at 6:25 PM

    Blizzard must be drowning in money at this point.

  • Lost Coast is out

    • insta
    • October 28, 2005 at 4:58 PM

    It's a techdemo. Would it be better if it was simply a camera following a track through the map?

  • dod_salerno

    • insta
    • October 28, 2005 at 10:42 AM
    Quote from Tequila

    I am using my 1000th post to say 'keep up the good work, Insta'.Keep up the good work, Insta.

    Thanks. I'm sure we can all agree that was the most usefull way to spend your 1000th post

  • Editorial: Did HL1 Ruin HL2?

    • insta
    • October 28, 2005 at 6:17 AM

    I think that when the next generation of engines comes around, the mod community will start to really dry out. Creating new content such as maps, textures and models take alot of skill and determination already. When the industry once again raises the bar for graphics, the amount of amateur modders will decrease since it won't be something you can just "pick up and learn" anymore.

  • Lost Coast is out

    • insta
    • October 28, 2005 at 5:10 AM

    Oh dip, that's beautiful. Love the skindetail in the first picture.

  • dod_salerno

    • insta
    • October 28, 2005 at 12:47 AM
    Quote from Dr.DK

    Looks very nice. I'd like to see some more oomph, like a working fountain, foam on the sea/shore, and more trees.

    Foam on the sea is something I'm currently working on. Trees will be placed later when I know where I can afford them in terms of performance.

  • Map pimpage nightmare

    • insta
    • October 27, 2005 at 11:46 PM

    A great idea, as long as the password is contained to a few people.

  • Distributed compiling in HL2

    • insta
    • October 27, 2005 at 8:18 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    i think valve had some copyright issues and couldnt give out the tool. Only part of the sourcecode was included with the sdk AFAIK

    Oh. Well that sucks

    Guess I'll keep throwing hintbrushes at the map.

  • Mercedes 190

    • insta
    • October 27, 2005 at 2:54 AM

    Sweet! Good job.

  • Worst drought in years hit the amazon rainforest area

    • insta
    • October 26, 2005 at 5:13 PM

    Sheesh louise :E

  • My school project

    • insta
    • October 26, 2005 at 5:04 PM

    Looks damn good.

  • Distributed compiling in HL2

    • insta
    • October 26, 2005 at 10:14 AM

    Ok, so I want to use several computers at once to compile my map. According to Valve, this is completely possible by using "VMPI". When looking for VMPI, I found that indeed it does not exist. After looking around the internet for way too long, I found that if you created a new mod via the SDK, it would create a new folder with all the available tools and whatnot, VMPI being one of these. Of course, it's not a exe file, it's 17 different .h files.

    Anybody have any ideas how I should get this to work? This is almost more frustrating than attempting to compile HL2 models

  • dod_salerno

    • insta
    • October 24, 2005 at 6:27 AM

    Thanks for the nice comments, guys. I'll tweak the water until next time, along with polishing the damaged sections (been thinking of redoing them in Valves style, ie. displacement maps like crazy). Have also been looking for scorchmark-decals to use around damaged sections, but haven't really found anything decent yet. I haven't looked at the DoD:S decals yet though, since I'm working on this via CS:S. Once the DoD:S SDK is released, I'll have another look and hopefully find something

  • dod_salerno

    • insta
    • October 23, 2005 at 7:54 PM

    Ok so I've worked on this map for some time now and here I am posting pictures of it.

    [Blocked Image: http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/8466/salerno16jc.th.jpg][Blocked Image: http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/9937/salerno29mi.th.jpg][Blocked Image: http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/1196/salerno52xq.th.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/5262/salerno36fd.th.jpg][Blocked Image: http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/7751/salerno47au.th.jpg][Blocked Image: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7674/salerno64mw.th.jpg]

    Stuff worth noting :

    This is a fast compile, I haven't even finished skyboxing the map. Hopefully the shadows and lighting will come out a bit better in the public version. Once the DoD:S SDK is released, I'll compile it with HDR lighting.

  • Bird pandemic soon to hit mankind?

    • insta
    • October 23, 2005 at 10:54 AM

    So I see in a norwegian newspaper that a whole bunch of birds died in Stockholm. I say now is a good time to strengthen the anti-air defences along the swedish-norwegian border and shoot down any birds attempting to cross into Norway.

  • The Official Quake IV release thread

    • insta
    • October 21, 2005 at 5:16 AM

    KFS, any chance you can tell us what levels you worked on? Any MP-maps because of your NS background?

  • am I the only one who saw this last night

    • insta
    • October 21, 2005 at 5:14 AM

    Well actually I must say that no, I did not notice this at all.

  • One eyed kitten. Photoshopped? [NOT SUITED FOR WORK]

    • insta
    • October 21, 2005 at 12:36 AM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    what ever it is, it's cool as hell

    Agreed.

  • The Official Quake IV release thread

    • insta
    • October 19, 2005 at 11:55 PM

    How does it run compared to Doom3?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™