1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Mapcore official 'members'?

    • insta
    • December 12, 2005 at 2:38 AM

    As long as the EOT stuff stays there, then it isnt a problem. But didn't Mojo decree that the eot sigs should be turned off in the other forums? That didn't go over too well.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • December 12, 2005 at 12:37 AM

    Wow, very impressive, especially with only the HL2 textures.

    Looking forward to playing it

  • dm_lostsouls

    • insta
    • December 10, 2005 at 9:18 PM

    That sucks to hear, nexus. Good work on the map though.

  • Mapcore official 'members'?

    • insta
    • December 10, 2005 at 7:25 PM

    I'd think that something like this would boil down to a online popularity contest, and those things never go over too well.

  • Source Engine Upgrade on its way.

    • insta
    • December 10, 2005 at 1:51 AM

    Awesome. The movie is very impressive. Funny to think it's all ingame.

  • The random model thread!

    • insta
    • December 9, 2005 at 7:30 AM

    Mino, it's at around 1200 polys, I think.

    And ferret, yeah they're 12 sided. But, this cart will be overturned near a chokepoint, so players will be able to take a good look at it. I'm making a low(er) poly version as well for the background and such, where I hopefully can squeeze it under 500 polys.

  • The random model thread!

    • insta
    • December 9, 2005 at 4:47 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4428/cart4xl.jpg]

    Here's a traincar I made today for a map I'm working on.

    That brown box is the player proportions.

  • The random model thread!

    • insta
    • December 7, 2005 at 11:09 AM

    Wow, very nice.

  • Texture challenge: Combining defuse, specular and normals

    • insta
    • December 6, 2005 at 6:25 AM

    Well it was supposed to be a killer zinger directed at d3.

    Anyway, I agree with you that the Doom3 textures don't look as good as "traditional" textures.

  • this article scares me...

    • insta
    • December 6, 2005 at 5:43 AM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    thats why I dont really want to work for a game dev. Would turn a hobby into work, and that be no fun.

    Strange, that's why I want to work in the game industry. I love mapping, so mapping and getting paid for it would make it even better. Of course, right now I only map for the games that I like. Lets say I get hired and has to work on designing maps for Britneys Dance Beat or Barbie Fashion Designer. I could see myself regretting my choice in that case.

  • totally random texture thread

    • insta
    • December 6, 2005 at 5:08 AM

    Thanks for the explanation. Been wondering about the difference for a while, as well.

  • Texture challenge: Combining defuse, specular and normals

    • insta
    • December 6, 2005 at 4:54 AM
    Quote from The Postman

    Good graphics does not a good game make

    How is that relevant

  • Some advice from the Goth

    • insta
    • December 6, 2005 at 3:28 AM

    Ouch :E

    When I was a kid, I lost a nail because my hand got trapped in a car door. I developed an intense hatred of car doors from that day on.

  • totally random texture thread

    • insta
    • December 6, 2005 at 2:36 AM

    Crackerjack maps?

  • The importance of online communities for aspiring devs

    • insta
    • December 6, 2005 at 2:05 AM

    Good read.

  • Texture challenge: Combining defuse, specular and normals

    • insta
    • December 6, 2005 at 2:02 AM

    The rest of us map for engines which support bumpmaps and specular, so the engine does this for us

  • NanoLegends: that other game I worked on before Quake

    • insta
    • December 6, 2005 at 1:42 AM

    Wow, sweet. Love the flesh-eating plant

  • eX textures release

    • insta
    • December 6, 2005 at 12:32 AM

    I've converted them as well, although I'm not quite sure that the .vmt file settings are the best. Also, I messed up the alpha-textures.

    Here's a typical vmt file :

    "lightmappedgeneric" {

    "$basetexture" "evillair\eX_floor_tile_03_d"

    "$bumpmap" "evillair\eX_floor_tile_03_normal"

    "$envmapmask" "evillair\eX_floor_tile_03_s"

    "$envmapcontrast" 0.500000

    "$envmap" "env_cubemap"

    "$envmaptint" "[ 0.5020 0.5020 0.5020 ]"

    "$surfaceprop" "metal"

    }

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • December 4, 2005 at 5:00 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    Haha indeed.

    Insta, it's for HL1 I thus that is not an option.

    Why not? Convert them to bmp/jpg and throw them into a wad-file. It's basically regular bitmaps with bumpmaps/specular added in-game, right?

  • WTF? Interlopers hacked

    • insta
    • December 4, 2005 at 3:45 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    am I the only one who does not know what this site is?

    HL2 editing/tutorial site. Has a large archive of user submitted tutorials, although the quality varies a bit.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™