1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • WIP riding mower

    • insta
    • January 19, 2006 at 6:48 PM
    Quote from DanielAragon

    im surprised it looks so good.not that i doubt your skills or anything which are obviously good, but you said the original hl2 buggy had 4k polies and this one has roughly half. tbh this one looks much smoother in places. the original looked downright boxy in some places.

    The polycount will be about 5000 once I get it into HL2. Right now 3dsmax is only counting faces, not triangles.

  • Compiling Textures and Models into BSP ?

    • insta
    • January 19, 2006 at 5:53 AM

    PakRat is a graphical frontend for bspzip, which allows you to add whatever you want to the bsp file. You can get it here : http://www.geocities.com/cofrdrbob/pakrat.html

  • Single-player, singleplayer or single player?

    • insta
    • January 18, 2006 at 9:48 PM

    Singleplayer, of course. Pressing the spacebar is for suckers.

  • Wish me good luck now!

    • insta
    • January 13, 2006 at 5:15 PM

    Awesome, congrats!

  • What is your favourite pc game?

    • insta
    • January 13, 2006 at 4:42 AM

    Aw shucks, how could I forget System Shock 2?

  • What is your favourite pc game?

    • insta
    • January 12, 2006 at 11:20 PM

    HL/HL2, Deus Ex, Fallout2, C&C Red Alert, DOD, Duke3d.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • January 11, 2006 at 12:31 PM

    Looking good, except for the shadow-problems in the second screenshot (pitch black wall and roof).

  • Aftermath: April 24th

    • insta
    • January 11, 2006 at 12:30 PM

    When was the last time you used Steam? I haven't had any problems with it for a long time, except for some wacky steam validation ticket problem when i try to run a map directly from the console.

  • WIP "Causality Effect"

    • insta
    • January 9, 2006 at 11:04 AM

    Hooray for more HL2 singleplayer! Looking forward to playing your mod.

  • Stupid Source Prop Lighting :G

    • insta
    • January 8, 2006 at 1:18 PM

    Have you run buildcubemaps?

  • The Ricky Gervais Show

    • insta
    • January 6, 2006 at 5:18 PM

    Love this show. At first I thought Karl was the fat guy from The Office.

  • Sin gameplay vid

    • insta
    • January 6, 2006 at 2:33 PM
    Quote from ReNo

    the car looked utter balls to be honest, even with it's "openable bits"

    It was pretty funny how you could open the trunk and pop the hood, but the door wasn't openable

  • Sin gameplay vid

    • insta
    • January 6, 2006 at 2:22 PM

    Not a very impressive video for sure, but damnit I liked Sin, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this as well. Hopefully it will be a solid shooter overall.

    Also, I wonder how much content you get from Valve if you buy the Source engine. Alot of the stuff looks like its taken directly from HL2, like the health recharger, the movement of the helicopter-thingy (looks just like the movement of the Combine gunship), burning barrels, headcrabs etc.

    And wow, they sure like burning people at Ritual. I think this video sets a new record of people igniting.

  • [Wip]dod_Breugel *updated*

    • insta
    • January 5, 2006 at 7:47 AM

    Looks really cool, I like the varied house-designs. Looking forward to playing it.

  • Burrr its cold in here

    • insta
    • January 4, 2006 at 1:08 PM

    Congrats!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • January 3, 2006 at 2:36 PM

    If you increase the strength of the white/blue lights on the side of the walls it would look better I think. Right now it's a bit too dark as ferret said. The architecture (from what I can see) looks good though.

  • WIP riding mower

    • insta
    • December 31, 2005 at 4:41 PM
    Quote from ReNo

    Haha, you are the fucking MAN insta I love it!BTW, as a newbie modeller, I curious if it is ok to have so many unlinked pieces in the model? You have a lot of vertices that are just sitting on other polys - is that generally accepted practice? I thought it might fudge up some lighting and during animation it might cause some vertices slightly moving off the face they sit on, causing visual glitches.

    I'm wondering the same thing actually, but I think it's ok since all the individual objects will be attached before exporting (except animated stuff).

    If you look at the HL2 models, you can see alot of overlapping faces and such, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

  • WIP riding mower

    • insta
    • December 31, 2005 at 1:44 PM

    That's a good idea, RD. But I'm not planning on changing the buggy code, so I have to make it within the HL2 settings.

  • I get an error if i make a long post

    • insta
    • December 31, 2005 at 11:41 AM

    Yeah, I have the same problem. Pretty annoying stuff.

  • WIP riding mower

    • insta
    • December 31, 2005 at 11:38 AM

    Hey, I'm working on a HL2 singleplayer project now and then. Here's a replacement veichle for the HL2 buggy. It's a riding mower with supercharger and turret-mounted 50 cal machinegun. I'm just about done with it, although it will have chickenwire on the front of the roll-cage so I need to add some planes there.

    Current 3dsmax polycount is 2542. The HL2 buggy was around 4000 total.

    [Blocked Image: http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1686/mower12th.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5575/mowerpov2ga.jpg]

    The intended player POV.

    I'll try to skin it myself, although hopefully I can talk someone into doing it for me :E

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™