Remember to link it once its up, marque. Gamasutra has quite a few interesting articles ![]()
Posts by insta
-
-
Looks very nice indeed. Are those all Doom3 textures, or did you make them yourself?
-
Sorry to hear that. Hope things work out for you and you find a good job.
-
Change this :
QuoteDisplay MoreVertexLitGeneric
{
"$basetexture" "models\props\de_train\boxcar"
"$envmap" "env_cubemap"
"$envmapmask" "models\props\de_train\boxcar_ref"
}
to this :
QuoteDisplay MoreLightmappedGeneric
{
"$basetexture" "models\props\de_train\boxcar"
"$envmap" "env_cubemap"
"$surfaceprop" "metal"
"$envmapmask" "models\props\de_train\boxcar_ref"
}
Remember to change the texturenames and paths to whatever you're using.
-
The intro-music for Carmageddon.
-
Look in materials/models/props/de_train/

-
Here's the vtm file for that texture :
VertexLitGeneric
{
"$basetexture" "models\props\de_train\boxcar"
"$envmap" "env_cubemap"
"$envmapmask" "models\props\de_train\boxcar_ref"
}
As you can see, it doesn't have a material-type definition, so I'm guessing that's handled by the model in this case. What you can do is extract the vtf and vmt, rename it boxcar1 or something then add the material definition to the vmt file and use it as a custom texture.
-
Is it a custom texture? The material type is defined in the .vmt file under "$surfaceprop" (metal, wood, stone etc.)
-
Superb stuff! Can't wait to see what you make next.
-
Here's a mirror for AKG :
-
After playing FEAR I had an idea for a small singleplayer skirmish mod for it. I really enjoyed the combat in the game, so I thought about making a mod where you had 15-20 different "arenas", basically very small maps with one central chokepoint and varying layout.
Before playing, you'd set up what type(s) of enemies you'd want to fight, how many per squad, what weapons they would have equipped and so on, then you'd select your own weapons and special options such as no slowmo, no health pickups, no grenades etc.
Each map would be designed with AI in mind so that you got the biggest challenge. Since the maps were so small, you could also throw in lots of special effects such as destructible enviroment (to a degree) and so on.
To add even more to it, you could have a points system where you could upload your points per map to a central server. Points would be calculated by what types of enemies you fought, what special options were enabled/disabled, how long you took to kill every enemy and so on. The points could be uploaded to a central server and the mod homepage could have a ranking where you could see who were the best at a specific map.
I don't know if anybody except me would want to play it though, nor do I have the time/energy to learn the FEAR sdk (if there even is one).
-
I'm redoing the axis spawn from scratch along with adding two more exits for the allies.
-
Rc3 has been out for a while. It's a pretty solid release, so I'm giving it a bit of a rest while i work on a singleplayer project.
-
Oh man I walked right into that one.
-
What, that's horrible

-
Looking forward to playing it! Do you have any estimations as to when it'll be released?
-
-
Very cool, oski! What is it for?
-
-
Really cool stuff. I wonder why the framerate/movement was so slow?
Anyway, if you liked that you should check out http://www.planethalflife.com/nostalgia/. That site holds a large collection of old screenshots and movie clips.