1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • <the TI4600>

    • insta
    • May 24, 2006 at 10:18 PM
    Quote from skdr

    Haha same here.

    edit: hey insta come to msn plz ;(

    I can't connect !

  • <the TI4600>

    • insta
    • May 24, 2006 at 9:47 PM

    I had a TI4200

    Awesome card, right up until it melted.

  • The biggest developer you've never heard of

    • insta
    • May 22, 2006 at 12:41 PM

    As games grow larger, I think we'll see more and more outsourcing of content creation like models/textures/skins. Why would an AAA developer have their staff of ~15 highly skilled modellers/animators working on creating 50 different car models instead of working on more unique content which actually takes some skill to create? That's where outsourcing could come in handy, production of "plain" content which really only takes time, and isn't much of a challenge for a skilled artist.

  • HL2: Episode 1

    • insta
    • May 2, 2006 at 11:31 PM
    Quote from mabufo

    Waiting half a year (probably longer, this IS valve you know) to continue a story is insane, and a waste.

    Damn it.

    I don't think they've planned out an entire "normal length" game and then just chopped it up into 3 parts. I'm pretty sure each episode has its own story-arc, it's not like you'll be going into a level transition only to have "map3.bsp not found, click here to preorder episode 2" appear.

    If I'm proven wrong once it's released, feel free to yell at me

    Anyway, I'm a-ok with the episodic format. I'd rather wait 6 months to play 3-4 hours of singleplayer goodness instead of waiting several years to play a 8-10 hour game.

  • The low poly challenge for May!

    • insta
    • April 25, 2006 at 11:11 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4362/boat7et.jpg]

    Yes

  • The low poly challenge for May!

    • insta
    • April 25, 2006 at 9:49 PM

    I'll post a wip later tonight. Looking nice posty

  • The low poly challenge for May!

    • insta
    • April 25, 2006 at 9:02 PM

    Like this?

    [Blocked Image: http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4719/gasmask1zy.jpg]

  • The low poly challenge for May!

    • insta
    • April 25, 2006 at 11:07 AM

    I'm in, sounds fun!

  • Random maps of the net

    • insta
    • April 24, 2006 at 8:35 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    It was clearly a joke — I don't type with a total lack of grammar when being serious. xDThinking about Unreal's map some more, I think it was actually ol' Mikezilla who did its textures. Do you know what I mean, Mikey?

    Was it the one with the lighthouse? I remember the map, but not the name.

  • [WIP] de_countrything (no name yet)

    • insta
    • April 22, 2006 at 11:59 AM

    Very nice! Reminds me of de_airstrip for 1.6 for some reason, must be because of the colors/lighting.

    Anyway, nicely detailed and I love the "overgrown" look.

  • If you could choose a company to work at...

    • insta
    • April 21, 2006 at 6:11 PM

    I'd easily sell my soul to work at Valve. Hell, I'd sell it for a greencard

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • April 19, 2006 at 10:11 PM

    You should fix the "lip" on the hole-model in the ceiling in the first shot, other than that its looking really nice

  • Awesome News!!!!

    • insta
    • April 19, 2006 at 5:49 PM

    Congrats man

  • Most used texture...Ever!?

    • insta
    • April 18, 2006 at 6:39 PM
    Quote from Izuno

    hmm...don't recognize that and i've probably looked through every DoD texture...wasn't' in CoD2 as far as I can recall...not sure about CoD.

    I'm pretty sure it was used in koln.

  • nk_bonzai

    • insta
    • April 18, 2006 at 6:56 AM

    Not much to say except congrats on completing your first map. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next

    Oh, and welcome!

  • Most used texture...Ever!?

    • insta
    • April 17, 2006 at 8:47 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3101/setup016uk.jpg]

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEYZ!!!!!!!!!~@~@##"?$

    • insta
    • April 16, 2006 at 10:39 AM

    Chaaam-paggen!

  • what are you currently listening to?

    • insta
    • April 16, 2006 at 4:19 AM

    Kåre & The Cavemen. Sweet

  • I've been offered a job!

    • insta
    • April 13, 2006 at 9:18 PM

    Congrats man! Must be nice to get to work with Hammer, considering your background

  • Yet Another Article on Game Dev Careers

    • insta
    • April 12, 2006 at 9:52 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    That's the question I ask to myself when I think about working on this industry or not. If you don't get a degree now what will you do for a living if you get tired of games ? Clerk in a convenience store ?

    Same here. The problem is I have no idea what else I would want to do for a living. I'll probably cling onto the industry for as long as humanly possible, then sell souvenirs on the street until I retire into homelessness. The future is a scary place

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™