1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • uber-rofl-feedback on my map - not work safe

    • insta
    • June 19, 2006 at 7:25 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    The chick in the middle is hot!

    Classe!

  • Yet another reason why NOT to use Mayang

    • insta
    • June 19, 2006 at 11:16 AM

    Sweet, I hadn't seen that Quake Wars screen before.

  • Quake 2 mappers get your hiking gear! (PIX ON PAGE 2!)

    • insta
    • June 18, 2006 at 3:47 PM

    Doesn't Worldcraft (the really, really old version) also work with Quake2?

  • Call of duty 3 : Wii [scans]

    • insta
    • June 16, 2006 at 2:11 PM
    Quote from Warby

    wait wasnt there allready a call of duty 3 trailer that didnt even look like a game ?! had super low fov lots of blurr everywhere and NO fps gun most of the time and it just didnt feel like a game at all ?! was that form the wii version ?!

    Yeah I remember that. Pretty sure it was all prerendered, and none of it will show up in the game.

  • El Paso [Outlaws&Lawmen] (updated 17 jan)

    • insta
    • June 15, 2006 at 6:52 PM

    Awesome stuff. That mod is lucky to have you onboard!

  • I won!

    • insta
    • June 15, 2006 at 4:53 PM

    Cool

  • need advice

    • insta
    • June 14, 2006 at 11:32 PM

    Like Fletch said, have fun. I'm guessing you have a favorite game, have a look around the old internets for editing software for it and start churning out crap. After a few years, you'll be a internet legend!

  • dm_avon [Half-Life 2 deathmatch)

    • insta
    • June 14, 2006 at 10:49 PM

    Looks very hot, I like the lighting especially. The reflections on the pipes looks weird though. Maybe add some env_cubemaps closer to the pipes, to tone it down a bit?

  • well well well....Stalker returns....

    • insta
    • June 14, 2006 at 7:02 PM
    Quote from mabufo

    I read that they are cutting lots of features so it can see a release.

    I read something about that as well, although it wasn't exactly superb features in the first place. Stuff like other stalkers (bots, essentially) finding the ultimate artifact before you and ending the game, the player character having to sleep, less vehicle-interaction etc. As long as it's still free-roaming Chernobyl I'll be happy.

  • got a job

    • insta
    • June 14, 2006 at 2:56 PM

    Awesome man, you deserve it!

  • Favourite expansion packs?

    • insta
    • June 9, 2006 at 7:31 PM

    Haha, superb story.

    I didn't know you worked at Gearbox? Or have you quit?

  • Favourite expansion packs?

    • insta
    • June 8, 2006 at 6:30 PM

    I've only bought two expansion packs ever, and those were Op4 and Blue Shift. Op4 was the better one, simply because it added more new content and because Blue Shift was extremely short (2 hours of gameplay).

  • Best Sniper levels from a "fixed" position

    • insta
    • June 5, 2006 at 10:57 PM

    Have a look at the Delta Force games for near-railshooter gameplay. I remember several missions where you only sat in a vehicle and tried to defend it against various badguys.

  • Impressive looking HL1 mod: Paranoia

    • insta
    • June 3, 2006 at 3:57 PM

    The screenshot of the truck looks like a photo. Amazing stuff for the HL1 engine.

  • Ouch...

    • insta
    • June 2, 2006 at 11:11 PM

    Sssh, you'll get us all sued.

  • F.E.A.R. : Extraction Point

    • insta
    • June 2, 2006 at 7:07 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    How can you not remember THAT ending?

    Oh snap, she climbed into the helicopter at the end, didn't she? Oh well, I just thought that her "story" was wrapped up in the first game, but I guess with such an ending it was inevitable that she'd pop up in the expansion

  • Half-Life 2: Episode 1

    • insta
    • June 2, 2006 at 6:16 PM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    Well worth it. Sadly, the Episode 2 preview kept crashing my steam.

    It's just a .wmv file, so if you go to \account\half-life 2 episode one\episodic\media you can have a look at it.

    Anyway, I played through it in around 4-5 hours and loved it. I thought having an NPC by your side the entire way through might get annoying, but Alyx pathfinding and AI worked really well so I didn't have to go out of my way to look after her.

    I liked the gameplay in the pitch dark tunnels. I was extremely low on ammo at that point, so I used the flashlight on zombies and such while Alyx did all the work. The level design was great throughout (the Citadel reactor was very nice), and the valve level designers did some clever stuff which I wish I had thought about first (for instance, Alyx using the combine sniper rifle, which in reality is just an ai_relationship entity which doesn't require any new content and was a pretty neat experience ingame).

    The trailer for episode 2 was also very promising. It will be nice to get out of City17 and see the surrounding areas. "Proper" new enemies will be nice as well.

    Also really cool that they added the commentary system to the entire episode. I'll have a new playthrough in a few days with it activated, will be interesting to hear what the devs have to say about the different areas etc.

  • F.E.A.R. : Extraction Point

    • insta
    • June 2, 2006 at 11:24 AM

    So Alma is still in it? Wasn't that wrapped up in the first game?

  • Shattered Gordon...

    • insta
    • May 27, 2006 at 10:24 PM

    I'm pretty sure it's because of the last Steam update. Nothing to do except wait for the next update.

  • Building my Portfolio (Image heavy) I need a job!

    • insta
    • May 26, 2006 at 12:15 PM

    Really really nice, I'm sure you won't be unemployed for long

    Some suggestions based on the video :

    Maybe a small fence to keep those small birds-which-look-like-muffins from wandering too far from their little house.

    For the waterfall, possibly add a lightblock-texture just inside the waterfall then light the cliff-face/path with regular point-lights to give it a different color than the surrounding area so that it isn't just lit by the sun like the rest of the level.

    Also, it's sort of weird seeing that huge tree-trunk house right next to regular-sized trees, but too late to do anything about that.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™