1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • dod_rive screenies (WIP)

    • insta
    • October 16, 2006 at 7:04 PM

    As I've said earlier, I like it. It's a very ambitious layout (wide open), so the fog is needed to hide the prop fade distances and such, no way around that except porting it to another engine or whatever. Anyway, the only things I can think to comment on would be the following :

    Picture3 : The transition from water to ground seems too sudden near the house. What about a small wooden walkway so that the people living in the house wouldn't be afraid of falling in the water every time they went out the front door?

    Picture 6 : The cobble way leading up to the bridge seems extremely bumpy. Smooth it out quite a bit.

    Other than that, it looks good

  • Level Design, Modelling, Texture Collaboration Program

    • insta
    • October 16, 2006 at 6:45 PM

    I'm 100% sure that people would use it. In fact, you'd get spammed with requests pretty quickly, as alot of people want some unique stuff for their map to make it stand out.

    The problem is that most maps are never finished, you get tons of requests from people who has never finished a map before etc., and there's a huge problem for helpful modelers/texture artists to choose what request will actually be worth their time.

    But I'm a bit pessimistic when it comes to these things

  • dm_drift - Back with a vengeance!

    • insta
    • October 16, 2006 at 3:11 PM
    Quote from PhilipK

    btw goto work u lazy bums!*sighs*

    I'm hard at work making scripts which don't work.

  • dm_drift - Back with a vengeance!

    • insta
    • October 16, 2006 at 2:49 PM

    Seriously one of the hottest HL2 maps I've seen. Superb work

  • insta grins

    • insta
    • October 16, 2006 at 7:30 AM
    Quote from Hipshot

    Insta tried to cheat voodoochopsticks (stupid long nick) in Eight ball yesterday... or was it the other way...

    We both suck so I don't think it was on purpose

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • October 13, 2006 at 5:55 PM

    Magnar Jenssen

    Level designer at Grin

    Stockholm, Sverige

    :D:D

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • October 11, 2006 at 5:57 PM
    Quote from Quakis

    That's my site, and as you can see it's reviewed, so therefore I have

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • October 11, 2006 at 4:23 PM
    Quote from Quakis

    This? http://%7boption%7d

    That's the one. Play it at once if you haven't already.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • October 11, 2006 at 3:13 PM

    Did anybody play that "The Shining" mod for Duke3d? O-m-g, best ever.

  • CONGRATULATIONS FERRET!

    • insta
    • October 4, 2006 at 10:17 PM

    Congrats!!

  • devshot cameras

    • insta
    • October 4, 2006 at 12:40 AM

    I've also tried to get that entity to work in several different ways (tried launching the game with -developer 1 and 2 for example), but nothing I did would make the game recognize the command. Maybe it's been broken?

  • Portfolio ?!

    • insta
    • September 28, 2006 at 1:12 PM

    I love that Adrenaline Gamer map you did, Dux. What happened to that mod?

  • Aim_Skyline for CS:S

    • insta
    • September 28, 2006 at 11:09 AM

    Cool stuff. I think you should have gone for a brush-created construction-crane though, instead of the dock-crane. It doesn't really fit in.

  • insta grins

    • insta
    • September 25, 2006 at 6:35 PM

    Thanks everybody! I'm currently way up north visiting the parents and everything, the next few days will be hectic with me moving to Stockholm and everything

  • insta grins

    • insta
    • September 19, 2006 at 2:07 PM

    Doh, I wanted to post this

    Anyways, it would seem that I have the skills to pay the bills. Was at an interview at Grin yesterday, and surprise of surprises, I got the job!

    The interview was really chilled. I got to meet Evert and Oski, sadly Philipk was not there, but I'm sure I'll meet him soon.

    I officially start the 26th of September as long as I can find an apartment in Stockholm until then. I can't wait !!¤!!

  • 1up.com HL2 Ep.2 stuff

    • insta
    • September 17, 2006 at 12:12 PM

    Thank god they finally added pumpkins to HL2. It was one of my main issues with the game.

  • St. Paul Conservatory... again

    • insta
    • September 15, 2006 at 4:24 PM

    I voted for 3. Would have been even cooler if you didn't have that building in the frame to the left.

  • What graphics card should I buy?

    • insta
    • September 11, 2006 at 10:55 PM

    A friend of mine has the x1600 and loves it. Also with 512mb ram you should be set for quite some time.

  • Zaphod's new web project: devbump

    • insta
    • September 8, 2006 at 8:00 PM

    Signed up and favorited. Good idea zaphod.

  • Doom 3 Engine [Quake 4 & Prey] Help Please!

    • insta
    • September 8, 2006 at 9:44 AM

    Actually you're supposed to press F7. F3 is the key to revert back to normal mode

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™