1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • January 15, 2007 at 8:55 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    btw, someone should probably remove me from the list until I get settled in down south.

    No more Raven?

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • insta
    • January 15, 2007 at 4:05 PM

    Maybe make the trusses 2-4 units thick, instead of 16? Although that might detract from the old-school feel

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • January 15, 2007 at 7:54 AM

    Looking good, Onboarderror. A proper map this time?

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • insta
    • January 11, 2007 at 9:46 PM
    Quote from Erratic

    Yeah this is pretty damn fun. Are we to post pictures as progress or are we holding off until the voting process?

    Please do!

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • insta
    • January 11, 2007 at 3:52 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Make a whole map before Feburary? You're kidding right? Give us till March at least If so, I'm in

    Agh, no. Let's get this over with quickly

  • DM_Snowdin

    • insta
    • January 11, 2007 at 3:30 PM
    Quote from Dradz

    ultra-noob question here -- for the lights shining down with the "cone of light" effect -- how do you get that effect? point_spotlight with dynamic flag unchecked? any special settings to be aware of? do you need to use func_dustmote or env_embers to emphasize the effect?

    Func_illusionary with a translucent gradient-texture + func_dustmotes would be my guess. It doesn't look like it's a gradient texture though, but it would look a bit better if it were.

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • insta
    • January 11, 2007 at 3:28 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    I'm in for hl.wad only.

    Same here. Keep it as simple as possible. Feb 1st as a deadline sounds good as well.

  • For you Source fans

    • insta
    • January 10, 2007 at 9:09 AM

    If you want to see the "lighting masters" excel, you should open up for more lights. One light only will be pretty boring is my bet.

  • D3ads Portfolio

    • insta
    • January 9, 2007 at 11:49 PM

    Holy fuck d3, you'd be the talk of the town if you just released some stuff every now and then. Really nice stuff, I especially like the quake-inspired map/mod. Sign me up as "interested in seeing it done"

  • Welcome to Threewave Patrick_H

    • insta
    • January 9, 2007 at 9:58 PM

    Congrats

  • Wth is up with this??

    • insta
    • January 9, 2007 at 9:53 PM

    Has it ever worked before? It might be time to invest in a newer graphics card.

  • GameFlood

    • insta
    • January 9, 2007 at 9:50 PM

    Thank god I'm not the only one that doesn't understand what the hell it is. I'm a bit too tired right now.

  • Guess the map! Revived.

    • insta
    • January 9, 2007 at 9:37 AM

    I think its counterstrike

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • insta
    • January 9, 2007 at 6:40 AM

    Like all the clever people have said before me, HL.wad only please

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • insta
    • January 8, 2007 at 3:11 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Hey maybe we could have a small old school contest with limited resources (IE 256x256 textures and no props). Or even a hl1 mapping contest.

    Yes please!

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • insta
    • January 5, 2007 at 3:31 PM

    I had no idea evert mapped.

    Anyway, here's some oldies of mine.

    Starting with the oldest, railroad2 for dod 1.3. I think it's from 2002. When I made it I thought it was the prettiest map in the world, mainly because I was using extreme high-res 256x256 cs_havana textures. Looking at the screens, I wonder what the hell I was thinking with the env-light.

    The horrific part is that this map is still played to this day in leagues. Poor clan-people

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dedit.net/magnar/1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dedit.net/magnar/4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dedit.net/magnar/2.jpg]

    This second one is a DM map I made in 2004. Instead of mapping for quake3 (which I've always wanted to do, but never gotten around to), I instead opted to make a quake3-esque map for HL1DM. The gameplay was horrific, so it was never released. Textures by evillair.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dedit.net/magnar/903_1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dedit.net/magnar/903_2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dedit.net/magnar/903_3.jpg]

  • Pirates, Vikings & Knights II Released

    • insta
    • January 4, 2007 at 7:31 PM

    This game is superb! I have a feeling I'll be playing this alot from now on

    A great first release.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • January 3, 2007 at 10:13 PM

    I'm glad you're here and posting shots of Duke3d stuff, Quakis. Man it brings back memories.

    Do you still have that wacky 1024 sector limit to adhere to? That was a pain back in the day.

  • For fuck's sake...

    • insta
    • January 1, 2007 at 10:06 PM

    I demand that you lower your bitterness rating by 1% for each reply that gets posted here.

    Anyway, happy birthday!

  • de_hogsatra_2007 project

    • insta
    • January 1, 2007 at 6:08 PM

    Someone alert shacknews and gamespot!!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™