1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • dod_poznan

    • insta
    • July 10, 2007 at 5:00 PM

    Yep, always use displacements when you're making destroyed bits. Looks so much nicer.

  • The Darkness Over Teddy!

    • insta
    • July 10, 2007 at 4:54 PM

    Played this in the weekend with some people from work, we were all very impressed. The levels and textures were great, as was the writing. Nice detail that you can sit down and watch several full movies in-game

  • dod_poznan

    • insta
    • July 10, 2007 at 4:51 PM

    So you got a corner so far?

    I think it's a bit too early for criticism/feedback, since it's so far from beta, besides nothing really sets it apart from any other DoDS map right now.

  • The E3 07 Thread

    • insta
    • July 10, 2007 at 4:09 PM

    Is there anywhere you can stream the conferences?

  • FUCK YES!

    • insta
    • July 10, 2007 at 3:47 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    Seriously there's only one ?? Congrats skdr, hopefully that will be some awesome years !

    He's already been there for like two years already, check the post dates

  • A very sick family slaying

    • insta
    • July 7, 2007 at 12:53 PM

    Goes to show that 23 year olds dating 12 year olds are fucked in the head. Shocking!

  • CTF-Archanastre (UT2004)

    • insta
    • July 3, 2007 at 10:59 AM
    Quote from killertomato

    From what I can see from that screenshot: WOW

    Good job, looking very smooth for a HL map! +1 for atmosphere too!

    Reading is hard

    Anyway, looks like a decent bit of work, too bad I don't have UT2004 so that I can test it.

  • Quake Wars Beta Released!

    • insta
    • June 30, 2007 at 4:02 PM

    My guess at the owners of those cars :

    BMW Z4 : Boss

    Lotus Elise : Producer

    Black sports car to the left : Boss and producers weekend ride

    Minivan : shared by modelers, graphical artists, level designers, sound engineers, programmers, QA, office cleaner, tech guy, concept artists etc.

    :wink:

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • insta
    • June 29, 2007 at 7:31 AM
    Quote from ReNo

    I know that much, I was more asking about a map pack. People were talking about putting one together and then trying to get it mentioned in the Steam update news, which sounded like a good idea but now it seems to have lost its thunder.

    That's the Mapcore spirit!

  • The random model thread!

    • insta
    • June 25, 2007 at 2:01 PM

    Ariel Atom? Looking forward to seeing the finished result!

  • New book - I need dev interviews.

    • insta
    • June 19, 2007 at 10:52 PM

    I'd love to participate, but I bet you will get alot of level designer submissions. Anyway, I'll send in my answers, and you can use them if you want. I'll also force PhilipK into answering, and try to get our audio guy at work to answer as well.

  • Israeli's about to build first cyborg!

    • insta
    • June 15, 2007 at 12:47 PM
    Quote from Will

    Now...cyborgs you can purchase for own home to do your ironing and tidying up wouldn't be too bad, that I would like!

    There's people doing those sort of things for a living as well, ask Hipshot.

  • Hammer: lighting preview after EP2

    • insta
    • June 14, 2007 at 12:20 PM

    That sounds great. This + NS2 will produce some insane looking content.

  • block physics shadows?

    • insta
    • June 12, 2007 at 4:07 PM

    Hooray I found it :

    http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki ... mic_shadow

  • block physics shadows?

    • insta
    • June 12, 2007 at 4:03 PM

    There is an entity in HL2 which allows you to select surfaces which will never receive dynamic shadows. Have a look at the SDK maps, I know its being used in the stairway during the intro to HL2, where the player is being chased up the stairs.

  • Portfolio feedback

    • insta
    • June 12, 2007 at 3:52 PM

    I think it looks great, I like the colours used. I'd like to see bigger versions of the "misc source work" thumbnails though.

  • Flipside : HL2 mod

    • insta
    • June 11, 2007 at 6:14 PM

    This game is....awesome! It's even more awesome if you understand danish.

  • Flipside : HL2 mod

    • insta
    • June 11, 2007 at 2:34 PM

    Looks very cool, I'll give it a try after work.

  • What engine does Fable run on?

    • insta
    • June 11, 2007 at 9:52 AM
    Quote from killertomato

    Alan Wake uses in-house, but I guess that'll be a newer version?

    Haha. Move this thread to classics.

  • Goodbye Canada, Hello Spain!

    • insta
    • June 8, 2007 at 10:40 AM

    Hello Daniel Lukas parents!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™