1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Level Designer - Some questions

    • insta
    • September 5, 2007 at 2:40 PM
    Quote from dux

    I earn 850€ per month, atm.

    Definitely not bad for first job if you ask me

    What do you pay for rent in portugal? In Stockholm i will have to pay 600-700 Euro rent for a one room appartment alone.

    600 - 700?!

    I pay around 700 euro rent as well. A rent of 6-700 euro is normal if you don't want to live in the woods.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • September 4, 2007 at 1:29 PM

    Curved computer monitors?

    Also, I think its too busy without any focal points which draws the player eyes anywhere. Of course, its hard to tell without lighting.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • September 4, 2007 at 8:40 AM

    Congrats steppenwolf, looking forward to meeting you!

  • Time to move on..

    • insta
    • September 3, 2007 at 5:06 PM

    I think youre all forgetting the most important thing...theres a opening at Crytek! Everybody get their portfolios out!

    No but really, that is a big decision to make Frie and I wish you the best of luck! With Crysis in your portfolio you will certainly have a strong card if you ever decide to try to get back into games dev again.

  • That other BioShock thread

    • insta
    • August 29, 2007 at 8:40 AM

    Aaah its getting harder to dodge spoilers!

    I met my first "Houdini Splicer" last night, and had turn the game off soon afterwards

  • That other BioShock thread

    • insta
    • August 28, 2007 at 11:58 AM

    Picked it up for the Xbox last night and played for around 5 hours. Superb game so far, reminds me of SS2 in all the good ways. I love watching the Big Daddies/Little sisters wander around. Right now I'm only on the second level/enviroment, would probably have gotten further if I had played it on the PC since I'm absolutely shit at aiming with the xbox controller

  • That other BioShock thread

    • insta
    • August 27, 2007 at 10:02 AM

    True enough, people have ran through System Shock 2 in ~1 hour but I know I spent atleast 100 hours on that game. I'll go pick it up today, this can't wait until I get back

  • That other BioShock thread

    • insta
    • August 27, 2007 at 9:55 AM

    How long is the entire game? I'll be going to Spain on wednesday, but if it's not too long then maybe I can play through it by then.

  • Looking for headphones

    • insta
    • August 23, 2007 at 3:09 PM

    I just went and bought a pair of Beyerdynamic dt 990 because of this thread. Also I was tired of my boring Koss portapro (which I can now use on my ipod instead )

  • I am going to meet Insta!!!!

    • insta
    • August 21, 2007 at 8:52 AM
    Quote from skdr

    What? He's coming over. OMG that's great Too bad I wont be there

    Just for two weeks. Hooray for Spain!

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • insta
    • August 20, 2007 at 8:16 AM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    wait, who's who in the insta/philk photos? I MUST KNOW!

    [Blocked Image: http://www.brameulaers.com/images/photos/fabulous1.jpg]

    From left to right :

    PhilK, Peri, Evert and myself.

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • insta
    • August 20, 2007 at 7:17 AM

    ah yes, shameful wednesday.

  • game dezign iz funz!!!!!!

    • insta
    • August 14, 2007 at 1:50 PM

    I checked out the website of the first video posted. They had a section for "success stories", and the only one from the Game Design course was a QA guy at THQ.

    Quote : He said, “This is a terrific opportunity. The only place I see myself going at THQ is up.”

    Well he certainly can't go any further down

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • insta
    • August 13, 2007 at 4:19 PM

    Had a look at someone else playing the demo at work. I'll definitely be picking this up for the Xbox. Reminds me very much of SS2 with the audio logs and environment, although it had a lot more combat.

  • 3d Skybox Problem in Source Engine

    • insta
    • August 13, 2007 at 8:44 AM

    What texture are you using for the bottom of the 3d skybox? Could be that the brushes are picking up light-information from the texture during rad. I had a similar problem in dod_salerno, but it went away when I used toolsblack for the floor. Also, are the brushes floating in the skybox, or are they placed directly on the floor? If they're on the floor, give them some room underneath.

  • Post your room pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • insta
    • July 20, 2007 at 6:57 AM

    KFS: Reminds me of the "Command center" of the guy in Die Hard 4, but in a good way!

  • Games Convention 2007 in Leipzig, Germany

    • insta
    • July 16, 2007 at 10:55 AM
    Quote from JamesL

    Err aren't we all kinda in the geek bracket already? I mean posting regularly on a specialist video games development board n all that. Geek chic

    Sssh, some are still in denial.

  • The random model thread!

    • insta
    • July 13, 2007 at 1:12 PM

    What the fuck are you on about.

  • The E3 07 Thread

    • insta
    • July 13, 2007 at 1:09 PM

    Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! I love their Antitank missile.

  • dm_moroes - my contest map

    • insta
    • July 13, 2007 at 9:33 AM

    The technology part seems like a bit of an afterthought, since it's just Warbys models scattered around the map. Also, in the greenhouse the texture scaling on the windows is a bit wacky, you could use a plain glass texture and then do the frames with brushes.

    Also, I don't like the large shrubbery in the middle of the gameplay area, since bastard players are likely to hide in there and nail you with a crossbow when you walk past

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™