1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • The new year is coming...

    • insta
    • December 10, 2007 at 2:19 PM

    2007 : Good.

    2008 : Possibly better

  • Grin in swedish kids TV

    • insta
    • December 7, 2007 at 2:42 PM
    Quote from dux

    How come none of Grin core were in it?OR WERE THEY OOOOOOO

    My back head was featured in the level designer bit.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • December 7, 2007 at 2:09 PM
    Quote from Warby

    what is thatwhite thign at the bottom left

    Thats nextgen, baby.

  • F.E.A.R. : The Perseus Mandate

    • insta
    • December 1, 2007 at 4:30 PM

    Women should stay in the kitchen IMO.

  • Pitching an idea.

    • insta
    • November 19, 2007 at 3:11 PM

    Send your idea directly to a developer so that they can print out the email and hang it on the wall for everyone to laugh at.

  • Latest Mapcore console owernship survey

    • insta
    • November 8, 2007 at 4:18 PM

    Xbox360, since its the only one with any games on it so far. Har har har.

  • COD4 Engine

    • insta
    • November 5, 2007 at 4:21 PM

    I'm pretty sure Cod2 was built on a heavily modified Q3 engine. The shadows atleast reminded me of Q3.

  • mapCon: europe

    • insta
    • November 3, 2007 at 5:22 PM

    Listen to kleinluka, for he is wise. And you might save some money.

  • mapCon: europe

    • insta
    • November 2, 2007 at 2:08 PM

    We should meet up on the moon. We would be the first internet forum there!

  • PC Gears of War Map Editor Revealed

    • insta
    • November 2, 2007 at 1:16 PM
    Quote from Furyo

    With that said, Hammer 5 (if the current one is still 4) should give us lighting preview. Seen it before, and it's a giant step for Source mankind.

    Any idea when the SourceSDK update is coming? I'm sure alot of people are eager to get started on TF2 maps without having to hack in support for it.

  • Bionic Commando announced! Look at what GRIN is working on

    • insta
    • October 16, 2007 at 11:47 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    Never played Bionic Commando, but it looks pretty cool. Cool to see something from Grin that isn't GRAW for the PC

    Hear hear!

  • UT3 Demo leaked early!!

    • insta
    • October 12, 2007 at 2:02 PM

    Guess they pulled it, since the link leads to a somewhat empty page now. How long was it up for?

  • Crysis - Official System Requirements

    • insta
    • October 11, 2007 at 12:42 PM

    Don't know if everybody has seen this, but voodooextreme posted a comparison of Very High to Low specs on Crysis.

    http://ve3d.ign.com/images/fullsize/17453/PC/Crysis

  • Half-Life Episode 2 (Contains spoilers!)

    • insta
    • October 11, 2007 at 7:14 AM

    I thought Portal was great, absolutely loved the turrets. If someone could mod them into standard HL2 I'll play through the entire singleplayer campaign again ("I don't hate you.." aww, such a cute automated killing machine).

    Ep2 was also good, although I've seen way too many previews/trailers for it so I recognized maybe 80% of the areas. Guess that's my own fault though.

    Right after getting the car, exiting the tunnel and entering the forest-area, I got a real Redneck Rampage feeling, if anybody has played that game. Dunno if thats a good or bad thing.

    Also, the car "oh christ its an ambush" section seemed really tacked on, like "we need 15 more minutes of gameplay here, you got two weeks". Textures and what seemed like buildings directly from DoD source, somewhat simplistic/unpolished graphics etc. The rest of the game was good though.

    I'm still sort of split regarding the achievements. In one way its cool, since everybody likes to be "rewarded", in another way it sort of takes you out of the game since you stop and do stuff you normally wouldn't do (thinking especially of the "kill 300 larvas" challenge. I normally wouldnt have stopped to shoot every damn larva until I ran out of pistol ammo if I didn't know about that achievement.) Maybe they're better fitted to multiplayer, since I like them in TF2.

    Overall I'm happy about the whole thing, I'll probably play through Ep2 again just to check out the dev commentaries, should be interesting.

  • De_Forest Released!!

    • insta
    • October 8, 2007 at 3:42 PM

    Superb work as usual, Robert!

  • Crytek under attack!!!!

    • insta
    • October 5, 2007 at 4:06 PM

    A bit of chlorine gas is nothing compared to the natural funk of a game developer. I'm sure they didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

  • Enemy Within - HL2 SP Mod.

    • insta
    • October 5, 2007 at 10:32 AM
    Quote from Zacker

    That's some wierd level design! I don't see any really big issues in those shots, but yet the overall impression is that it looks absolutely horrible?!

    let he who is without shitty maps cast the first stone

  • [WIP] dod_fall ( a forest)

    • insta
    • October 5, 2007 at 1:51 AM

    Where are the shadows?

  • Some Angry Gamer

    • insta
    • October 4, 2007 at 3:10 PM

    Quake always brings out the best in a man.

  • Mapcore celebrates! warby turns 14

    • insta
    • October 3, 2007 at 1:39 PM

    Happy birthday! It's all downhill from here!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™