1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • To Vista or not to Vista, thats the question!

    • insta
    • May 20, 2008 at 9:10 PM
    Quote from skdr

    There's nothing wrong with Vista for me. Acts just like XP which is good. I don't see myself going back to XP again.

    Same here. Got Vista when I bought my laptop and I don't see whats so bad about it (although I don't see whats so great about it either).

    Images

    • hl2dm_snowblind0075.webp
      • 68.03 kB
      • 1,280 × 1,024
    • hl2dm_snowblind0082.webp
      • 95.37 kB
      • 1,280 × 1,024
    • hl2dm_snowblind0080.webp
      • 54.97 kB
      • 1,280 × 1,024
    • hl2dm_snowblind0076.webp
      • 161.31 kB
      • 1,280 × 1,024
  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • May 7, 2008 at 10:11 PM

    A photo from the future!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • April 30, 2008 at 9:48 AM

    Belated congrats then buddy the designer!

  • Grand Theft Auto IV

    • insta
    • April 30, 2008 at 7:59 AM

    Bought it yesterday and played for around 5-6 hours when I got home. The only thing I don't like about it is the dating/making friends stuff, although the minigames are pretty well made.

  • You Tube Mapping Tutorials

    • insta
    • April 20, 2008 at 7:35 AM

    After watching a few, I've suddenly realized that mapping is intensely boring.

  • Fallout 3

    • insta
    • April 12, 2008 at 12:36 AM

    So what is holding his pants up?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • April 10, 2008 at 9:03 AM
    Quote from SnipaMasta

    He means this:

    That's what I mean as well

    Easiest solution would be to use one of the water textures that are meant to be used over large surfaces, like the ones used in the coast levels in HL2.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • April 9, 2008 at 7:40 AM

    Water_lod_control only controls how far away the transition from expensive to cheap water happens (refraction and all that). The fog is set in the material I think.

  • [TF2] CP_FASTLANE - Beta 1

    • insta
    • April 9, 2008 at 7:16 AM

    Goddamn man, calm down. If you map too fast, you'll get a tummy ache!

    Looks superb, hard to tell it apart from Valve maps

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • insta
    • April 9, 2008 at 7:14 AM

    There's been a lot of Portal and Peggle lately. I have to send my Xbox off to repairs so that I'm ready for GTA4 when it comes out

  • attn: GRIN

    • insta
    • April 1, 2008 at 10:00 PM

    Which one of them?

  • Quakis' Source Project.

    • insta
    • April 1, 2008 at 4:00 PM

    Could be cool. Although the room is well populated by props, I think you need to give the actual room more depth though, have some stair-steps leading down to the main floor, give the ceiling some more height.

    Search Google or Flickr for Art Deco for some inspiration. Have a look at these pics for starters :

    http://www.wetwalls.com/images2/residential/res1.jpg

    http://blakeley.com/wordpress/wp-conten ... G_0568.JPG

  • adding insult to injury: first lesson

    • insta
    • April 1, 2008 at 10:34 AM

    If he didn't want his cancer medicine stolen, then maybe he shouldn't have gotten cancer in the first place?

    No but really, horrible, no faith in humanity, this is sparta etc.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • March 28, 2008 at 10:30 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    Well, I am quitting Grin and just signed a job at Eidos Montreal to work on Deus Ex 3. Fun times ahead

    Said it a million times before, but congrats man

  • Source SDK Update (March 24th, 2008)

    • insta
    • March 26, 2008 at 6:37 AM

    Haven't had time to test it myself, but it looks from the screenshot that it calculates point lights now as well? Can it be true?

  • Game Development Camp 2008

    • insta
    • March 24, 2008 at 7:35 AM

    It's like being at work, at a camp!

  • Sega website giving out legitimate keys for online games

    • insta
    • March 22, 2008 at 7:33 PM
    Quote from ginger_lord

    Unrelated, Bizarre Creations staff has a fair percentage of their staff that have graduated from the course I'm on.

    Learning is fun!

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • insta
    • March 18, 2008 at 8:06 AM

    That looks very cozy, mazy! Love what you've done with the place.

  • [TF2] CP_REDSTONE - Beta 1

    • insta
    • March 18, 2008 at 8:04 AM

    Superb work, skdr! Is the TF2 community supportive of custom maps?

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • insta
    • March 18, 2008 at 7:58 AM

    I bought Company of Heroes and the expansion over steam, and it is superb! Although very hard. But the superbness more than makes up for it!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™