1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down (??)

    • insta
    • May 11, 2009 at 1:14 PM
    Quote from Buddy

    its duke nukem forever dude

    Aaah, okay. Thanks for the quick answer

  • Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down (??)

    • insta
    • May 11, 2009 at 1:06 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004339.jpg]

    I don't get the scale in this picture, the monstertruck is about the same size as a house window. So either the monstertruck is really small or the town is really big

  • Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down (??)

    • insta
    • May 10, 2009 at 6:01 PM

    Duke Nukem seems like a geriatric, he keeps falling over all the time.

  • Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down (??)

    • insta
    • May 7, 2009 at 9:49 AM

    Really weird (although not really unexpected). I hope some ex-developer blogs pop up, would be extremely interesting to read about "behind the scenes" stuff.

    Duke3d was what got me started with level design, so I guess I owe a lot to 3drealms.

  • District 9

    • insta
    • May 3, 2009 at 8:23 AM

    That's a pretty ghetto looking flying saucer.

  • Project 25 (single player mod hl2)

    • insta
    • April 17, 2009 at 5:59 PM

    Overall I liked it. Like you said, it has its fair share of glitches, and the water-puzzle in the second map was somewhat tricky (I understood what I was supposed to do, but the physics weren't agreeing with me). The visuals on the first map was great though, but the attention to lighting and detailing went down a bit once you got outside. The voiceacting was very good, very close to the original actors which few other mods have pulled off.

    Performance overall was so-so for me, but I think that can be blamed on my sub-par laptop.

    After the climactic battle, it would be cool if your squad would cheer and some music would start playing. Right now the end is somewhat abrupt.

    So overall, good work!

  • Project 25 (single player mod hl2)

    • insta
    • April 17, 2009 at 5:05 PM

    Coool! Checking it out immediatly, will post a "review" as soon as I finish playing it

  • Borderlands E3 walkthrough

    • insta
    • April 14, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    To distinguish it more from Fallout 3?

    Or Rage. I'm looking forward to seeing proper screenshots of the new style, could look really cool.

  • happy 74++

    • insta
    • April 14, 2009 at 8:13 AM

    Happy birthday! In 999 976 years you'll be a million years old!!

  • 'Aliens' SFAM competition entry (CryEngine 2)

    • insta
    • April 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    Quote from m8nkey

    Also, I really enjoyed seeing the development process through the wip thread.

    Ditto!

    When will the contest results be announced?

  • Scene from a Movie - Aliens

    • insta
    • April 6, 2009 at 9:57 AM

    Awesome! Donate the assets to Gearbox when the contest is over

  • Alpine Legend - Are you ready to yodel?

    • insta
    • April 1, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    Quote from Hourences

    Nice Though this one isnt a joke:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Garbage Truck Simular \o\ Made by germans of course:P

    I played their Bus Simulator 2008 "game", it's very challenging! It gave me lots of respect for bus drivers though.

  • Looking for concept artist for last ever mod project

    • insta
    • March 31, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    Quote from robert.briscoe

    Willows is on hold, I dont want to work on it right now with all the zombie craziness going on out there. It's ready for me to pick up again if I ever decide to.

    That really sucks to hear, I was really looking forward to it

  • DM-Haze (UT3)

    • insta
    • March 26, 2009 at 9:55 PM

    Stunning!

  • Filefront farewell

    • insta
    • March 26, 2009 at 9:53 PM

    Really sucks, its gonna be hard to find decent mirrors now for maps and such, I can't stand using sites like fileplanet and rapidshare.

  • Wolfenstein

    • insta
    • March 22, 2009 at 1:22 PM
    Quote

    The modifications to the game engine include depth of field effects, as well as the addition of a supernatural realm, called The Veil.

    Haha, love that "the veil" is mentioned in the same sentence as engine technology.

    "New engine features :

    -Normal maps

    -Depth of field

    -Supernatural realm

    -Ambient occlusion"

  • Portfolio redesign...my turn

    • insta
    • March 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM

    Nothing to complain about really, very slick and to the point

    The only thing I didn't like was this graphic in the levels/games pages :

    [Blocked Image: http://www.froughol.com/images/bricks_right.jpg]

    I always thought it was three screenshots that didn't load

  • Are violent games preparing our kids for the apocalypse

    • insta
    • March 7, 2009 at 9:27 PM

    Hahaha, awesome.

    One of my favorites from The Onion : http://www.theonion.com/content/video/n ... ls_winning

  • Need help with source hammer.

    • insta
    • March 2, 2009 at 2:29 PM

    Why rp_C18 doesn't hit the limit is probably because its compiled on an older engine (plain source or the ep1 version), I think the brushlimits were introduced with orangebox.

  • [TF2] Arena Watchtower B3

    • insta
    • February 19, 2009 at 6:12 AM

    Congrats!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™