1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • October 4, 2009 at 10:56 AM

    Here's two screenshots from koth_switcheroo, a small TF2 map I'm working on now and then.

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/switcheroo/switcheroo1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/switcheroo/switcheroo2.jpg]

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • August 25, 2009 at 1:31 PM

    Ditto, except I start in 2 weeks!

  • Aaron Zimmermann - Level Designer

    • insta
    • August 20, 2009 at 5:48 PM

    Your About Me section is weird, and I like that. I also like your frequent use of gorilla imagery.

  • TF2 "Classless" update!

    • insta
    • August 15, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    Quote from zaphod

    Still, the much more valuable thing is to be able to list it in your portfolio Grats insta!

    Exactly! Thanks

  • TF2 "Classless" update!

    • insta
    • August 13, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    Quote from JeanPaul

    Congrats manI have to know though, do they pay you for the map? (this is where big ol mister nosey comes in) If so, how much?

    Yeah, they buy the map from you. I won't say how much though, since that makes me feel a bit weird and uncomfortable

  • Magnar Jenssen - Level Designer

    • insta
    • August 13, 2009 at 3:03 PM

    I don't dare be different, so I'm posting my portfolio here as well!

    http://www.magnarj.net

    Feel free to give me feedback on it, and if you know someone hiring then let them know about it as well

  • TF2 "Classless" update!

    • insta
    • August 11, 2009 at 11:09 PM

    Holy crap they worked fast! I sent them the contract earlier today, and I sent them the .vmf just a few hours ago

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • August 10, 2009 at 10:46 PM

    Yeah, same for me please.

  • Underrated Games

    • insta
    • July 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    lol.. yellow nazis. I like the idea of an alternative future where WWII went on longer than it did, Iron Storm is the only other game I can think of that tried this and it was shit, someone needs to do the idea justice!

    May I suggest....Silent Storm?

  • Underrated Games

    • insta
    • July 22, 2009 at 5:30 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.imfdb.org/images/1/14/Ssgame.jpg]

    It's a turnbased squad game set just after WW2 in an alternate history or something like that. It had fully destructible enviroments, ragdolls (that was major back then!) and lots of other cool shit. It's sort of like UFO Xcom, with nazis and ragdolls.

  • [Ep2] Mission Improbable

    • insta
    • July 6, 2009 at 3:46 PM

    Hey! Just a little bump to announce that it has been released! Go here for download link and all that :

    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=14148

    Hope you enjoy it! Work is already underway on the second map

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable

    • insta
    • July 5, 2009 at 8:39 PM

    Mission Improbable is my singleplayer project that I've been working on since February 09.

    The mod is planned over 3 maps, each released individually. The first part is now available for download.

    In this first map the player is tasked with reactivating a remote Resistance listening post. The map takes

    place in and around an old lighthouse station, and should offer around 30 minutes of gameplay.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.magnarj.net/images/mimp/mimp1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.magnarj.net/images/mimp/mimp2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.magnarj.net/images/mimp/mimp3.jpg]

    DOWNLOAD LINK :

    http://www.magnarj.net/files/mimp.zip

    http://www.mafakka.se/guest/mimp.zip (Thanks evert!)

    WEBSITE :

    http://www.magnarj.net

    Installation instructions can be found in the .zip file.

    Hope you enjoy the map!

  • Bus Driver

    • insta
    • June 16, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    Thats a game for insta! He loves that kind of shit.

    I played the demo of Bus Simulator 2008 a bit, its hard as fuck. The bus handles like a brick shithouse, I kept opening the wrong door all the time so people would get on without paying, I'd take a wrong turn somewhere and do a handbrake turn in traffic...bus drivers don't have it easy

  • [Ep2] Mission Improbable

    • insta
    • June 4, 2009 at 8:29 AM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    the pics are gone

    Strange, they show up for me. If you can't see them though, you can check them out at my site (linked in sig)

  • [Ep2] Mission Improbable

    • insta
    • May 31, 2009 at 10:56 AM

    Thanks for all your comments! It's good to see that there's still interest in HL2 singleplayer stuff.

    Just a quick update on what's happening with the mod. I've gotten feedback from another round of playtesting,

    so I have compiled a list of things to fix. I'm also working on recruiting a voice-actor.

    Once the new voiceacting is in and I've fixed stuff based on the feedback, I'll do a new round of playtesting on a release candidate, and hopefully release shortly after.

  • [Ep2] Mission Improbable

    • insta
    • May 24, 2009 at 11:08 AM

    Here's some screenshots of a singleplayer project I've been working on since early February.

    The mod is planned over 3 maps, each released individually. This was my first proper attempt at HL2 singleplayer scripting (apart from my Portal map) so I learned a lot of things while making this, which means that hopefully the next two maps won't take as long to create since I hopefully won't repeat my past mistakes.

    This first map takes place in and around a remote coastal lighthouse where the rebels have a listening post set up to listen in on the Combine. The station has gone offline though, and Gordon is sent in to investigate and reactivate the listening post.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.magnarj.net/images/mimp/mimp1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.magnarj.net/images/mimp/mimp2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.magnarj.net/images/mimp/mimp3.jpg]

    The map is pretty much ready for release, I'm just searching for a voiceactor right now to record some new lines to help the player along.

    Hopefully my search won't take long so that I can release it soon.

    By the way, if anybody is interested in testing it, I'd love to hear from you. I've had quite a few testers involved over the various stages of the map, but it would be really cool with some fresh eyes on it now that it's "complete". Let me know via pm or here in the thread.

  • [L4D Map Release] Bedroom Survival Beta 2

    • insta
    • May 20, 2009 at 9:30 AM

    Haha, love the poster.

  • [TF2]Arena Coalmine

    • insta
    • May 20, 2009 at 9:27 AM

    Looks awesome, and the gameplay is solid judging from the playtests here at work

  • Earth No More

    • insta
    • May 18, 2009 at 3:28 PM

    I think it looks cool, looking forward to seeing more!

  • Now Playing/completed thread 2009

    • insta
    • May 11, 2009 at 2:46 PM

    Currently playing Plants vs Zombies, it's excellent and my pick for Game of the Year! Try the demo on steam, its a one hour trial version, once you buy it (and you will) you just carry on where you left off.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™