1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Summer contract?

    • insta
    • April 14, 2010 at 12:55 PM

    I don't think any studio will allow someone to come by for a couple of months just to have something to do. If you know basic art or programming you can probably get to hang out at some basement cellphone games studio, but if I was you I'd pick the beach over that.

  • Modern Warfare: Frozen Crossing

    • insta
    • April 8, 2010 at 9:29 AM

    At 6:50 one of the dudes was eating snow, he shouldn't do that, you can get worms in your stomach then

  • Resident Evil Afterlife trailer.

    • insta
    • April 4, 2010 at 9:58 PM

    The first 3D movie I'll see!

  • Show us ya FOOLS!

    • insta
    • April 1, 2010 at 8:41 AM

    I thought this one was pretty good :

    http://i41.tinypic.com/xdavs7.jpg

  • A tragic Animal Crossing tale...

    • insta
    • March 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM

    no mom, how terribel

  • CALL FOR INTEREST, LEVEL DESIGNERS -- HL2 sp compilation mod

    • insta
    • March 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM

    Awesome! I'm in! I have 6 singleplayer levels laying around which I made back in 2005/2006 which I planned to release as an "epic singleplayer mod", but it got too big and never got anywhere. I'll do my best to wrap one of them up so it can be included in this!

  • How to break in the games industry - an insiders' guide

    • insta
    • March 19, 2010 at 10:30 AM

    Another great insider tips is to shower before your interview, so you smell nice and fresh. I've always showered before going to my interviews, and I've gotten a job 2 out of 3 interviews I've been in.

    The last time I went to an interview I quietly remarked "I've showered" while the HR person was out photocopying my CV, and both the art director and level designer smelled my armpits and nodded

  • children's drawings turned real

    • insta
    • March 19, 2010 at 8:16 AM

    My father was a race horse

  • Portal 2

    • insta
    • March 10, 2010 at 9:20 AM

    Wait, what happened? What's the point of having a nerd-forum if we can't get into fights about which level editor has the best camera controls????

    Images

    • 1267265750601.webp
      • 86.4 kB
      • 741 × 592
  • Portal 2

    • insta
    • March 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM

    Whoop whoop, Portal 2!!!

  • The Edge of Forever (Q3)

    • insta
    • March 7, 2010 at 6:38 PM

    Just finished it!

    I really enjoyed the puzzles, with the solutions being logical and being rewarded with some really neat scripting once completed. I think my favorite one is where

    Quote

    the buttons reset before their effect has worn off, and you have to stack the button-pushes to fill the "meter".

    Its really simple once you've done it, but it took me a while to realize that it was possible.

    I was sad that the astronomy-"machine" wasn't incorporated into any puzzle, since it seems that was an object that had received a lot of attention.

    I didn't really enjoy finding and activating all ten skulls, since by the time I realized I had to do that I had already solved all the puzzles and it was basically a whole lot of running around. However, my girlfriend was watching TV in the background, so maybe I missed some audio cues there which would have made it a bit simpler.

    Anyways, in short, really cool puzzles and a very nice graphical style, looking forward to part 2!

    Oh, and according to Steam stats, I played Q3 for 0.7 hours, which is the time it took for me to complete it.

  • The Edge of Forever (Q3)

    • insta
    • March 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM

    Very awesome, downloading Q3 on steam now so I can play it!

  • Karate Kid (2010 remake)

    • insta
    • March 3, 2010 at 11:56 AM

    We require more vespene gas - Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

  • Call Of Duty: Vietnam

    • insta
    • February 27, 2010 at 12:08 AM

    Atleast it will have a good soundtrack.

  • The Ball - Indie FPS Action/Puzzle Game

    • insta
    • February 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM

    Congrats! Well deserved!

  • StarCraft II

    • insta
    • February 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM

    Peris just told me on MSN that he has like 10 beta keys to give out, so just PM him if you're interested

  • Aliens vs Predator

    • insta
    • January 20, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    Is it wrong that I came from watching that trailer?

    Yeah, then something is probably wrong. But atleast you aren't ashamed to talk about it.

  • Gratulerer med dagen Skjalg!

    • insta
    • January 19, 2010 at 11:44 AM

    Grattis!

  • Sprite prop flickering?

    • insta
    • January 16, 2010 at 10:15 AM

    Have you tried increasing the Size of Glow Proxy Geometry on the env_sprite? It defaults to 2, change it to like 8 (bigger than the size of the light prop) and it should always be visible.

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • insta
    • January 14, 2010 at 8:42 AM

    Congrats on the release zaphod! I tried it for a bit last night, and it's a very polished release.

    Here's some feedback to add to the pile :

    The circuit racing tracks feel very very big. Since the karts handle so well (small turning radius) the roads are so wide that there's a very small chance of fucking up and going off track, and obstacles such as bombs are super-easy to avoid. So once you're in the lead, there's a good chance you'll never see any of your competitors until the race is over and you've won.

    I'd recommend experimenting with scaling down the circuit tracks to 75% or less, making them smaller and tighter, which would hopefully lead to more fuckups and tighter groups of karts.

    Also, for circuit races, maybe adding a timer or something which shows how far ahead you are/how far behind the kart behind you is at every checkpoint. That way you know if you're gaining on whoever is in front and what's happening behind you. Since the karts are so small and the tracks are so big, it's hard to judge if you're making any progress at all in catching up.

    Oh, and for the ice cube powerup, when you're hit by that thing and sitting inside your cube waiting, it would be cool if you could add some sort of vibration to the cube as it gets closer to cracking, since right now it's very frustrating sitting there waiting without knowing how long until it breaks.

    Anyway, congrats again on the release. I'll definetly buy the game and support you, since you're doing something that I hope to do some day in the future!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™