1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Dreamhack StarCraft 2 Tournament

    • insta
    • April 12, 2011 at 10:00 PM

    Too bad white-ra lost!! I watched the stream from my couch!

  • Dreamhack StarCraft 2 Tournament

    • insta
    • April 12, 2011 at 2:56 PM

    no not that like either

  • Dreamhack StarCraft 2 Tournament

    • insta
    • April 12, 2011 at 1:20 PM

    I wanna go (((((

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • April 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM

    Here's a singleplayer level I've been working on. It's called Whoopservatory!

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/whoops/whoops1.jpg]

    It's aaaalmost ready for release. O M G

  • Tim Bergholz - Environment/Hard Surface Artist

    • insta
    • April 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM

    Awesome work!!

  • Crysis 2

    • insta
    • April 11, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    Quote from dux

    Why couldn't I have been in control the whole time running through a collapsing bridge? Fucking consoles.

    What does that have to do with consoles?? It's just an effect of someone writing such an AWESOME sequence of events in the story.txt file that it's impossible for the player to successfully perform it, therefore the best decision is to make the game take control so the player is sure to fully appreciate the amount of explosives and smoke particles on the screen. It's not a console problem, just a bad design decision :neutral:

  • Crysis 2

    • insta
    • April 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM

    The interactive cutscene I hated the most was when the bridge

    Quote

    exploded

    , because it cut from gameplay to EPIC SCRIPTED RUNNING AND JUMPING and I was like "oh cool, the game plays itself now, ill have a drink of water", then at the end of this epic marathon the game gave me a 5 second window to press F to HOLD ON, which I didn't since I was busy drinking water, so I fell to my death, then got to replay the entire bridge sequence. That's when my super-abuse of invisible-mode started.

  • Crysis 2

    • insta
    • April 11, 2011 at 6:15 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    I just spent forever trying to kill that giant tripod thing, I finally kill it and some scripted jeep drives me over and i die instantly

    Quote

    In the next level you get to fight another one!!

    Also, you don't have to shoot his weakspot for terrible, terrible damage, you can just spam him with rockets!!

  • Crysis 2

    • insta
    • April 7, 2011 at 9:17 PM

    I just finished the game!! I never finished Crysis 1, so that makes this a better game.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • April 7, 2011 at 8:33 PM

    You are hurting my feelings I think. Or I don't get it.

  • Pirates of New Horizons

    • insta
    • April 7, 2011 at 2:20 PM

    I usually take wu tang clan lyrics and run them through babelfish a few hundred times.

  • My first industry job + questions!

    • insta
    • April 7, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    Quote from PhilipK

    Also don't give people back rubs while you're asking questions (or when you don't).

    They should teach that in games schools.

  • My first industry job + questions!

    • insta
    • April 6, 2011 at 3:04 PM

    Oh and congrats!

  • My first industry job + questions!

    • insta
    • April 6, 2011 at 3:03 PM

    Do not cry, show your fear, urinate more than necessary or show vulnerability publicly. Doing so will quickly make you a target for other game developers.

    Recognize that nights are the worst. You will miss your family, and freedom. You will probably cry, but you had better stifle it into your keyboard so no one will hear.

  • Max Payne 3

    • insta
    • April 4, 2011 at 6:15 PM

    They don't own the IP anymore.

  • Crysis 2

    • insta
    • April 2, 2011 at 3:05 AM
    Quote from dux

    I was caught out by this about 4 times thinking I had gone through a checkpoint but hadn't. My own stupidity?

    absolutely definitely

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • insta
    • April 2, 2011 at 3:04 AM

    oh no my acoustic guitar got repossessed, i cant buy my organic vegetables for my stew anymore

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • insta
    • April 2, 2011 at 3:02 AM

    we are gonna be big boys, just let me make a background that doesn't move when you scroll the webpage down, soon we will be able to pay our electronic synthesizer bills haha

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • insta
    • April 2, 2011 at 3:00 AM

    im on myspace lmao

    no first of april joke guys, nobody is on myspace except for really, really, really bad indie bands haha

  • 3D Textures!

    • insta
    • April 2, 2011 at 2:55 AM

    haha an engine called inhouse, that shit is crazy, engines developed for specific companies are often called inhouse engines, calling a licensable engine inhouse engine would cause maximum confusion

    this must be a aprils fools joke, i can not believe it any other way!!!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™