1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Metro: Last Light

    • insta
    • August 22, 2011 at 9:51 PM

    Subway simulator. Did anybody play Streetscleaning Simulator 2011? That one was pretty good! Here is an article, I love articles : http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07 ... simulator/

  • Blade Runner 2049

    • insta
    • August 22, 2011 at 9:49 PM

    Red white and blue.......i put my trust in you.........

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • August 22, 2011 at 9:48 PM

    That castle has a pretty developed sewer system! It's good to be prepared I guess!!

  • Battlefield 3

    • insta
    • August 19, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Heh, makes me think of the old CS days where the ingame server browser was complete shite and best option was to use stuff like Gamespy.

    The All Seeing Eye! Omg the memories!!

    [Blocked Image: http://download.chip.eu/ii/187010354_7e3972094c.jpg]

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • August 18, 2011 at 8:32 AM
    Quote from Patrick_H

    Yes, I did indeed get axed by THQ. In the middle of a job search now.Avalanche Studios announced a new studio here in NYC, but it sounds like they won't hire anyone besides senior staff until sometime next year. Its not exactly easy to hang around NY without a job. More details to come...

    Contact them anyway, don't give up until you've gotten a clear no

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • insta
    • August 14, 2011 at 5:47 PM

    de_inferno is the best map just FYI.

  • Mass Effect 2 inspired scene

    • insta
    • August 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM

    Flabbergasting!!! You nailed the lighting as well, really awesome work!

  • flow chart for HL2?

    • insta
    • August 11, 2011 at 11:38 AM

    According to that flowchart I'm right at the end!! (Ivy bossfight)

    I died on that bossfight some months back and haven't played it since, I really should finish it!!

  • Deus Ex 3

    • insta
    • August 5, 2011 at 7:47 PM

    Preordered it on Steam now. Can't wait!!

  • Diablo 3

    • insta
    • August 5, 2011 at 1:21 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.soccerprint.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/OTH16.1.gif]

  • l4d_yama

    • insta
    • August 5, 2011 at 8:39 AM

    Awesome as usual! When you release it we should organize some games!

  • [TF2] Ctf_frosty

    • insta
    • August 4, 2011 at 9:28 PM

    I love the last shot! Maybe displace some of the roof-sections with the rock texture, to give it some additional depth? Although the texture is already doing great work there.

  • Diablo 3

    • insta
    • August 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM

    I'm probably gonna play a barbarian!! It was all I played in Diablo2!!!!

  • Deus Ex 3

    • insta
    • July 27, 2011 at 4:28 PM

    Congrats!!! Looking forward to it!

  • [TF2] Ctf_frosty

    • insta
    • July 26, 2011 at 3:25 PM

    Looks super-cozy, awesome work! Love the vista in the last screenshot too, great sense of scale.

  • Pachter stirred up quite the shitstorm

    • insta
    • July 25, 2011 at 11:19 PM

    Who cares what an analyst says~

    Edit:

    Golly, reading through it makes me want to make a lot of snarky comments. So here they are!

    Quote

    “If you want to be an hourly employee, go build automobiles, and what will happen is they’ll close down your plant some day and you’ll be out of work.

    Sort of like the studios that crunch out their last game, then get laid off, except the didn't get the hourly pay.

    Quote

    “The cool thing about this industry is, if you’re good, you’ll make a ton of money.

    Personal skill has little to do with your success, it's where and what you work on.

    Quote

    “I think [the point] that everyone is missing is that, if a game is good – and LA Noire was good – there will be a profit pool, and there will be bonuses,” Pachter continued.

    Even out the bonus over all the hours of overtime (over several years) and you might be making minimum wage! (if it's a multi-million blockbuster, mind you)

    Quote

    “So who knows what the final sales of LA Noire will be, and who knows, what the final profit will be.”

    Food for thought there, analysis-guy!

    Quote

    “Making a game is not easy, it is a complicated process, managing the process is really hard.

    You have insight, I respect your opinions!

    I've had 4 beers tonight, so tomorrow all comments are null and void.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • insta
    • July 25, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    Quote

    ":1pv3i72a]

    Quote

    Yeah man, what an awesome ending!

    I see now why everyone hates it, and others love it! ;D

    Was that the one where

    Quote

    they're all scared of the mist and the dude shoots his family, then they find out the mist wasn't

    dangerous? Because I saw that on youtube, it was hilarious!

  • Call of Juarez: The Cartel

    • insta
    • July 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM

    I just finished watching the Quicklook over at Giantbomb ( http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-cal ... l/17-4587/ ), the game looks so-so. The graphics are nice, but they are ruined a lot of the time with crazy colorcorrection (cellphone mode??) and extreme DOF. Sorry to hear about the crunch and everything, seir!

  • child abuse. lol.

    • insta
    • July 25, 2011 at 12:35 PM

    I once tried to download a documentary about these child pageants, it was called Beauty Queens something-something, anyway I searched for that but only got hits for transsexual beauty queens, win win scenario I guess??

  • Whoopservatory - HL2 EP2 singleplayer

    • insta
    • July 24, 2011 at 7:26 PM

    Glad to see you guys are enjoying it!!

    Quote from bokeh

    looking at the blog post on your i/o work & use of scripted sequences, i'm rusty on source mapping but would it be possible instead to spawn path tracks at the player position ...

    Sadly path_tracks can't be parented to a moving object, I tried it out earlier

    A guy over at interlopers said that instead of a human NPC following the scripted_sequences I should have had an flying NPC (manhack or scanner), that would have solved the jumping problem. Seems so obvious in retrospect!

    Quote from HP

    Just curious insta, did you had beta-testers before releasing this, or it's 100% a one man army thingie?

    Several testers in the various phases of development! Skdr, Evert, Pericolos0, Generalvivi, Campaignjunkie, Minotauro etc. I have a group of guys I keep using as testers, and I gradually introduce them to the testing cycle, so for each new version of the map there's atleast one pair of fresh eyes on the map, along with the people that tested the earlier versions.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™