1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Planning a map...

    • insta
    • June 10, 2004 at 11:23 AM

    what did we do wrong

  • What type of players are you ?

    • insta
    • June 8, 2004 at 2:12 PM

    wasd 4evr!!!

  • 72 hours

    • insta
    • June 7, 2004 at 2:22 PM
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    insta, please read the first post

    you are insane with anger! its the sleepyness taking control over you! FIGHT IT! FIGHT IT!!! FIIIGHT IIIITTTT!!!!!!

  • SKULLHOZER's Art

    • insta
    • June 7, 2004 at 1:45 PM

    id hit it like a wall

  • 72 hours

    • insta
    • June 7, 2004 at 12:15 PM

    So how many hours have you been awake yet?

  • ConFlict Asia

    • insta
    • June 6, 2004 at 11:20 PM

    Can i join your team as a historian? Ive seen band of brothers and saving private ryan like a million times

  • 72 hours

    • insta
    • June 6, 2004 at 11:14 PM
    Quote from Argyll

    Once on an exercise that I was on I thought I was hallucinating because these 4 figures were crossing in front of my trench heading towards the left... they had gotten by all the other 3 trenches being undetected... but then I challenged them by saying 'Halt!' and they responded with 'Halt to this asshole!' in a Russian accent and started shooting. I threw some grenade simulators at them that woke everyone up...

    I voted 2 days.

    We were marching during the night, and I had been up for around 60 hours. Since we were just walking (dead tired) silently, I started to imagine stuff. I saw my tank commander riding next to me on a horse, and i saw a huge white castle in the distance (turned out to be a barn) and so on. I would also fall asleep on my feet, while still walking. Only lasted for a few seconds :/

  • 72 hours

    • insta
    • June 6, 2004 at 3:39 PM

    I was awake 65 hours or something in the army during an exercise, and i started to hallucinate and crap, it sorta sucks.

    And as confirmation that you wont cheat, you have to post in this thread once every hour.

  • ConFlict Asia

    • insta
    • June 6, 2004 at 3:37 PM

    Promo thread of the millennium!

  • doom 3

    • insta
    • June 4, 2004 at 6:42 PM

    :megamon:

  • Operation : CO-IN (Insurgency)

    • insta
    • June 3, 2004 at 11:14 PM
    Quote from DelaZ

    Special features like 24 hour lighting, real time and real time weather.

    etc...

    How will that work on servers that run 20 minute map rotations? :

  • HELLLLPPP

    • insta
    • June 3, 2004 at 11:09 PM

    4 teaspoons of love

    a smidgen of pixie dust

    3 1/2 bottles of vodka

    stir briskly

    become internet mapping superstar

  • PIT and RD present: FY_SUICIDEBOMBER_B1

    • insta
    • May 28, 2004 at 12:18 PM

    are you banned at the cs forums yet?

    if not, link to the release thread!

  • hi_unitedthunder

    • insta
    • May 17, 2004 at 2:45 AM

    Looks a-ok, but you should try to make something more interesting with your architecture, and not just make blocky rooms and add objects.

    I know its supposed to be realistic, but not everything has to be 90 degree angles

    The hallway w/red lighting looked keen though.

  • Doom III to be "released" this summer

    • insta
    • May 15, 2004 at 2:59 PM
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    Its all a lie!I wonder what the more hellish areas will look like in doom3, dont think it will live up to the goodness of the sciencey stuffs

    Watch the latest vid of Doom3 on the xbox, it has some footage of the hellish areas, looks awesome.

  • Planning a map...

    • insta
    • May 8, 2004 at 3:06 PM

    For gameplay, I try to immerse myself in the map, I make a crude room in Hammer, fullsize the 3dview, and place myself in different areas of the room, thinking "Hmm, what if some guy came from over there, and then the aliens came crashing in from over there" and so on, which gives me a good idea of the layout and chokepoints of the map.

    When I have the layout complete, I work on timing, thats to say, it should take an equal amount of time for Team A and Team B to reach the chokepoints and important areas, or if its Deathmatch, each spawn should be equal, ie. ammo and weapons nearby, not too close to superweapons and the spawn shouldnt be in the critical path of the map.

    For design, I just get some cool ideas in my head, or I take a look at different texture sets and imagine cool setpieces around the textures, and then it just automatically gets more and more advanced.

    If that doesnt work, I play other games or look at screenshots from other maps/games, and "steal" some ideas. It's not really stealing, since I never make a copy of what I see, over time the inspiration I got from the other game/map is mutated into something of my own.

    Wow this was way too long.

  • THE ENGINE IT USES

    • insta
    • April 16, 2004 at 11:00 PM
    Quote from coldblooded

    It's a confirmation. Look at the Brother in arms logo.

    Good observation, Hawkeye.

  • THE ENGINE IT USES

    • insta
    • April 16, 2004 at 10:37 PM

    Did you just drop a hint there, mikezilla?

  • Which engine is this game using?

    • insta
    • April 15, 2004 at 3:51 PM

    Oh man oh man I hope its the Build engine, used in Duke Nukem 3d and Shadow Warrior! That engine even has sector over sector possibilities and sector-based shading.

  • a sudden birthday gift, celebration is in the air !!

    • insta
    • April 6, 2004 at 9:56 AM

    Why are the csforum people so angry?

    Oh, and happy birthday

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™