1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Insurgency Media Update

    • insta
    • July 15, 2004 at 12:59 AM

    I remember joining a random playtest for the dod version of splinter (or a map that looked alot like it, made by ferret), and I wondered why holeman was so goddamn good at dod

  • The New Guy has some stuff!

    • insta
    • July 14, 2004 at 6:32 PM

    Hi since im bored im gonna write alot of stuff here

    The hummer :

    The dimensions seem wrong. The roof is very tall, and should be lowered quite a bit to make it seem more compact and sturdy like the real humvee. Right now it looks like a SUV :G

    Ump looks neat.

    The MP5 looks way too defined, if you know what I mean. The cuts into it seem to deep.

    Shotgun looks trippy, don't know how to explain it. It doesnt look "real"

    And that last pistol, wasnt that just featured in some sort of "learn 3dsmax" tutorial

  • De_Cult_prerelease is here

    • insta
    • July 14, 2004 at 6:27 PM

    Looks neato, although a bit featureless.

    Also, if you can spare the polies, try to make the mountain cutoff less noticeable. Especially in the first shot.

  • THOSE ARE .... are .!!! DOOM 3 CDS !!!

    • insta
    • July 14, 2004 at 2:44 PM

    ITS COMING OUT IN AUGUST IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

  • !Request: Missilesilo skin

    • insta
    • July 14, 2004 at 2:42 PM

    Motherbitchass! Why is everybody so much better than me

    Ah well, more practice needed

  • !Request: Missilesilo skin

    • insta
    • July 13, 2004 at 12:41 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    ol has a tendency to make stuff that r0xbut ur silo lux quite nice too insta, kinda lowpoly tho~

    You better belive it baby. 90 polys of love !

    I bet you can place around 1000 of them in a farcry level and it won't cause a dip in framerates.

  • !Request: Missilesilo skin

    • insta
    • July 13, 2004 at 12:17 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img24.exs.cx/img24/1851/suck.jpg]

    I know it sucks

    But atleast I got some 3dsmax practice

  • !Request: Missilesilo skin

    • insta
    • July 12, 2004 at 10:45 PM

    Hey man, I can't skin (I use mspaint), but I will take a crack at that Rise of Nations missile silo if you want.

    Farcry uses generic units? How tall is the player, and what sorta dimensions do you want?

  • !Request: Missilesilo skin

    • insta
    • July 12, 2004 at 11:56 AM

    I'll give it my best try!

  • Joined: 06 Oct 2003

    • insta
    • July 12, 2004 at 9:44 AM

    Let me check.

    Edit: 8th of november

  • Duty calls, time to dodge bullets

    • insta
    • July 12, 2004 at 6:40 AM

    Good luck dude

    Remember all those tricks you learned in DoD and Call of Duty, you'll really impress the officers.

  • Really really small suggestion

    • insta
    • July 9, 2004 at 5:42 PM

    I suggest someone creates some little logo that pops up next to the address bar in the internet browser of your choice.

    No idea what I mean? Have a looksie :

    [Blocked Image: http://img46.exs.cx/img46/3600/quicklink.jpg]

    Look how sad and lonely the mapcore link is without that little icon

  • What gaming news sites do you use?

    • insta
    • July 8, 2004 at 9:02 PM

    Shacknews, if any.

    Up to date news, but I hate the "community" that posts in their comment threads.

  • Help with map props.

    • insta
    • July 8, 2004 at 3:12 PM

    I'm sure people would be more interested if you were to post some shots of your map, so that people can see if they want to bother.

  • dod_harvest by Ewok - Alpha Screens

    • insta
    • July 8, 2004 at 9:50 AM

    Looks ok, but I think you should spend some more time playing DoD before making a map for it. Play a open map, and see how much fun it is to get killed by "invisible" snipers, rifles (garand/kar) and MGs. Also, as mazy said, the buildings look pretty poor. Maybe section off the forest and the city, to keep the wpoly under control while being able to give the buildings more detail?

    Also, large open areas like that will cause massive lag. Not really because of wpoly, but because all the players will be visible the entire time causing gi-normous epoly.

  • My NS:Combat map

    • insta
    • July 7, 2004 at 12:21 PM
    Quote from EjrulF

    The map looks good, but in a way also kinda boring. I cant say what is it but, It hasnt that special thing that draws your attention....hmm now I feel picky...sry :roll:

    Ya, I know. I dunno why, but my maps sorta lack...I dunno, "soul"?

    I know the editor, but I'm a shitty level designer.

  • OH MIES LE WEBPAGE D:!

    • insta
    • July 6, 2004 at 12:28 PM

    Yep, down or gone or abducted or something.

  • RO-Dazaal Part 2

    • insta
    • July 6, 2004 at 8:22 AM

    The map itself looks nice, but the lighting drags it down in my opinion. UT has the ability to create some really awesome skies, so maybe take more advantage of that?

  • Edit Mesh or Poly

    • insta
    • July 5, 2004 at 4:21 PM

    Polypolypoly

  • MAPCORE.NET SERVER!?>!#m?

    • insta
    • July 5, 2004 at 2:17 PM

    hi skdr we are talking about online gaming on the internet, on a internet forum @online dot com

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™