1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. curman

Posts by curman

  • Half Life 1&2 in 60 seconds

    • curman
    • November 6, 2007 at 6:17 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    http://mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10016

    So? It was posted by Killertomato and in EOT. Not everyone reads EOT and the other half doesn't bother to read anything killeromato writes.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • curman
    • October 23, 2007 at 4:38 PM

    Term - These are just my crits/ideas, you don't need to take them.

    [Blocked Image: http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8964/mycommentsam4.jpg]

    1 - The prison sink from HL2 looks madly out of place. (atleast I think thats what it is.) It appears to be a very middle-eastern place, and randomly there is a sink. It also is way too low, unless it's meant to be something else. I'd rather see another spiritual well or something.

    2 - I don't know, something about the enterence to this small room seems odd. You either enter through a smashed wall, or a lifted gate (The gate looks pretty bad too.) I just wish there was an actually desginated hallway arch.

    3 - Maybe it's just me, but these appear to hang really low. I think you'd smash your head on them. When used in lostcoast the ceiling I think was proabably 256-512 units from the ground.

    Looks awesome though. I really think this map would look great with some custom models/props.

  • mapcore exchange

    • curman
    • October 23, 2007 at 1:31 AM

    i'll be in Boston tomorrow who lives there and wants to fuck around? and when i say "fuck around" i mean have sex. gay sex.

  • de_terminus2

    • curman
    • October 22, 2007 at 1:33 AM

    I'll start with the positive side of your map. You have good lighting, it looks very deserted and lonesome. You've learned to use curved walls and know not every curve is a perfect 90 degrees. Beyond that you're lacking alot.

    I think everyone will agree with this - You lack content. You have these boring open hallways with nothing in them. Like screenshot 2 and 3, just dull open hallways. You could of added so many things! Pipes, props, trash, crates, stains, decals, graffiti, lights on the walls, trash cans, vents, ANYTHING! Your map has potentional but you need to involve more props.

  • The random model thread!

    • curman
    • October 18, 2007 at 5:30 PM

    ReFlex - Nice model. I actually remember when HL2 first came out, I would join all the servers with a custom map. I actually remember a really nice subtransit remake. (If it's for that.) It was a bit blocky, but overall it was decently made.

  • Orange box - Zero Ponctuation review

    • curman
    • October 17, 2007 at 10:16 PM

    :roll: Kind of hard to listen to it considering he said that in a different video, buddy.

  • Orange box - Zero Ponctuation review

    • curman
    • October 17, 2007 at 10:12 PM
    Quote from dux

    I've agreed with all of his reviews oddly enough. This one was no exception. And the ending was superb. Some people don't understand why I like putting lettuce around my cock and hiding it in other peoples salad.

    ...What the hell is that last sentence? I didn't hear him say that at all.

  • Released - cp_crazedacre

    • curman
    • October 16, 2007 at 8:09 PM
    Quote from buddy the designer

    Looks poor imho

    Protip: Explain why this "Looks poor...".

  • Half-Life Episode 2 (Contains spoilers!)

    • curman
    • October 13, 2007 at 3:10 PM

    ...Ban d3.

  • Selling WoW Account..

    • curman
    • October 12, 2007 at 7:21 PM

    I know awhile back I gave out 2 accounts because friends quit, but this is my original and first account since 2004 (or 2005). I quit this August, let a friend play who stupidly transfered and changed my character's name to be completely homosexual. I can't reverse the realm change, sorry.

    I was originally a guild leader, so I had first dibs on everything out of Karazhan, when we started SSC I found it too much between work and WoW. I kept all my gear socketed and enchanted with the best, include epic gems.

    Money isn't my biggest focus, I put alot of work into him and I don't want to see someone just resell or completely trash him. But I do want atleast some cash for my account, so if anyone is interested give me an offer.

    [Blocked Image: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2661/rogueuc6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9789/rogue2bi5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3210/rogue3ps4.jpg]

  • Portal - secret code/area? *spoiler?*

    • curman
    • October 11, 2007 at 11:32 PM

    eh, so-so. i gotta go down to new york in a week to visit aunt and uncle cause my aunt is apparently dying and has cancer or some terminally ill thing, you?

  • Portal - secret code/area? *spoiler?*

    • curman
    • October 11, 2007 at 8:02 PM

    no problem mitch

  • Portal - secret code/area? *spoiler?*

    • curman
    • October 11, 2007 at 6:23 PM

    Looking back to Vivi's original post.. can you even noclip?

    For shits n'giggles I tried, you can enable sv_cheats 1. But you can't change gravity. When I enter in the command for noclip it doesn't work..

  • Half-Life Episode 2 (Contains spoilers!)

    • curman
    • October 11, 2007 at 4:47 AM

    Follow the plot and you'd know. ZING.

    Also, G-man spotted on the bridge when you first arrive.

    [Blocked Image: http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4066/gmanjr9.jpg] Only place I saw him, besides the little cut-scene when you're resurrecting Alyx.

  • Half-Life Episode 2 (Contains spoilers!)

    • curman
    • October 11, 2007 at 3:45 AM

    There was one part in that chase, the antlion took the right path, so you took the left path. It was a just a circle basically, I sprinted and I didn't even get half way to the the small cave, and he just bucked my ass like half way across the cave and I died.

  • Portal - secret code/area? *spoiler?*

    • curman
    • October 11, 2007 at 2:30 AM

    ..Did you read it? I mean it says the answer, all I did was google.

  • Portal - secret code/area? *spoiler?*

    • curman
    • October 11, 2007 at 2:04 AM

    http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showth ... ?p=1026884

  • Half-Life Episode 2 (Contains spoilers!)

    • curman
    • October 11, 2007 at 12:55 AM
    Quote from Zyndrome

    Did anyone almost shat bricks when the green Antlion Guard came after you in those narrow caves? I was thinking "Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god..." when I ran like hell and could feel it just behind my back.

    That's really what made me enjoy Episode 2 so much. There was an actual element of gameplay that invoked a certain panic inside of you while playing. I for one was jumping out of seat runnin' down that cave to find the next hideout. It was a great chase sequence.

  • Half-Life Episode 2 (Contains spoilers!)

    • curman
    • October 10, 2007 at 11:50 PM

    I meant from the start, it seemed a bit out of place. I didn't really gather and unite everything until the very end. Then things came together and made sense all together.

  • Half-Life Episode 2 (Contains spoilers!)

    • curman
    • October 10, 2007 at 11:27 PM

    Added some screenshots, pros and cons. Add yours too =)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™