1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. von*ferret

Posts by von*ferret

  • WIP Level Design Final

    • von*ferret
    • May 12, 2005 at 5:52 AM

    one side has red lighting and detailed painting (like flags, trims ect), and the other has blue. Learning the tech as I go, doing what I need when it calls for it ect.

  • WIP Level Design Final

    • von*ferret
    • May 12, 2005 at 4:35 AM

    unreal plays tricks with my smoothing groups, I'll work to fix it. Thanks for pointing that out.

  • WIP Level Design Final

    • von*ferret
    • May 12, 2005 at 1:49 AM

    This is my final so far for level design. its based off of Rivendell from Lord of the Rings. I still have to work out details like making buildings less square and more interesting. No textures have been created, and NOTHING has been textured so far except for the trees and waterfalls. Lighting is not final. This is a CTF level and will be mirrored when the project is done. I'm responsible for everything except for the inside of the giant building. Enjoy.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip7.jpg]

    Tree Model:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/v1.jpg]

    Added Low Polytreeline:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip9.jpg]

  • Kingdom of Heaven

    • von*ferret
    • May 10, 2005 at 8:07 AM

    huh...blackhawk down...didn't like? dude grow some testies that was an amazing movie.

  • The Movies, Black & White 2, and The Room.

    • von*ferret
    • May 8, 2005 at 3:37 PM

    wow, absolutely stunning

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 8, 2005 at 7:23 AM

    the SDK information has plenty of..information lol check out the docs that are on the valve-erc linked from your steam menus. Its not that difficult from HL1 if you did that at all.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 8, 2005 at 4:28 AM

    file drawers, cabinets, ect

  • Mounting CS:S content for use in another mod

    • von*ferret
    • May 6, 2005 at 7:52 PM

    thats a great attitude to people who are taking their time to download your work and give it a try. I'd say try to have a more proffesional approach to this kind of stuff. If you're bent on using CS:S content than find a way to distribute it without requiring people to have CS:S. Otherwise people will consider your project a joke. IMHO

  • The new Unreal Tournament (Unreal Engine3) new screens!

    • von*ferret
    • May 6, 2005 at 7:49 PM

    The president of epic was just speaking during an informal question and answer session during my lunch and he was really interesting. I'm actualy looking at him right now, he's intimidating but very cool. He had a fun sarcastic approach at things. He was a good speaker and fun to listen too even after I had no sleep listeraly all night before I came to this conference. He spoke wonders about the engine and had the shit to back it up.

  • Veil Of Darkness

    • von*ferret
    • May 6, 2005 at 7:47 PM

    terrain generators are fubar! hand painted terrrain 4 lyfe!!!!

    jk looks neat

  • Fy_Spalt

    • von*ferret
    • May 6, 2005 at 7:45 PM
    Quote from Zacker

    Yeah, the lighting on this one is bad. The only light is coming in from the two ends, which make it way too bland.LOL are you crazy? I can beat you in mapping knowledge any day:)(this is far from visible in fy_spalt, I know) Thx for the advice though...

    Damn...people say I have an ego. At least I can semi-back up my shit with material.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 6, 2005 at 7:42 PM

    Houses do not use rebar, they use wooden struts.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 6, 2005 at 1:49 AM

    haha I wonder what that could be for?!?!

    not

  • 05/05/05!!!!!

    • von*ferret
    • May 6, 2005 at 12:55 AM

    wouldn't that be awesome if a new post like this was posted every year at the exactly SAME day? woah

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 6, 2005 at 12:54 AM

    the roof on the right has its modeled trim unaligned atm so its causing the black line there. OTherwise not really. I could up the ambient lighting but that makes things look bland in my view. Trying to finish the work and get everything textured so I dont have to show the level off using the "light scale" render mode lol

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 6, 2005 at 12:10 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip.jpg]

  • Guild Wars

    • von*ferret
    • May 5, 2005 at 9:03 PM

    thoughts on the game? I'm sersiously thinkinga bout purchasing it.

  • Veil Of Darkness

    • von*ferret
    • May 4, 2005 at 6:16 AM

    more pics!

  • laptops

    • von*ferret
    • May 4, 2005 at 6:14 AM

    bah, go all out and buy the one you can draw on and shit. fucking brain fart.

  • my new site wip: need opinions

    • von*ferret
    • May 2, 2005 at 7:32 PM

    the haiku does it for me.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™