1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. -Stratesiz-

Posts by -Stratesiz-

  • Battlefield - Bad Company teaser

    • -Stratesiz-
    • March 1, 2007 at 10:15 PM

    I would say that's a successful ad, since it's very different in its approach.~

  • My portfolio - what do you think of it?

    • -Stratesiz-
    • March 1, 2007 at 9:57 PM

    Too much scrolling down before you get a glimpse of the maps. Move the text on the side somewhere instead of using such a narrow design or add another link for further info in your menu.

    Let the potential site visitor click on the thumbnails, providing bigger and more detailed images. I'm sure you can take new screenshots if you've lost the original image files, unless you never released the maps online~.

    Stating that you lost your maps due to formats doesn't really give a very good and representative image of you. In general, the text in the beggining is very heavy to read and repetitive. You should work on that as well.

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • -Stratesiz-
    • February 18, 2007 at 12:25 PM

    Bleh~

    Slowing moving away to the business world.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/images/sz_2007.jpg]

  • Get a degree or not ?

    • -Stratesiz-
    • February 18, 2007 at 12:09 PM

    Education is always good, no matter what the industry. It's not just about polishing your skills and knowledge, it's about networking, improving your social skills, understanding the big picture, etc. It's an experience that you will not regret.

  • Mexico~

    • -Stratesiz-
    • February 17, 2007 at 1:29 PM

    Thanks for the replies! I took the photo of the cops without much hesitation so I don't even think they noticed me taking one. However, there were a lot of tourists around, taking pictures of everything.

  • Mexico~

    • -Stratesiz-
    • February 9, 2007 at 2:58 PM

    Hi sirs!

    I'm currently fixing some more pictures from my Mexico archives so here are two more for your viewing pleasure:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_27.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_30.jpg]

  • Mexico~

    • -Stratesiz-
    • January 25, 2007 at 4:29 PM

    Thanks sirs. Frie I'm doing just fine It was an amaizing experience, so much to see, such an extremely diverse nature and culture.

    Besides Monterrey I visited Cuatro Cienegas, Guadalajara, Guanajuato, Puerta Vallarta, Sayulita, Punta de Mita, Acapulco, Puerto Escondido, Mazunte, San Augustinillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Palenque, and some other places that I can't remember right now. There would still be a lot more to see so I would really like to return some day.

    Never go to the main turist hell beaches like Cancun since they don't represent Mexico. Puerta Vallarta was one of the but I didn't stay there too long.

  • Mexico~

    • -Stratesiz-
    • January 24, 2007 at 7:34 PM

    Hi sirs! Now that I'm back from Mexico I have a pic or two for you.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_9.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_10.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_11.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_12.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_13.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_14.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_15.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_18.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_19.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/portfolio/photo_27.jpg]

    Enjoy!

  • CONGRATULATIONS FERRET!

    • -Stratesiz-
    • October 26, 2006 at 10:06 PM

    It was about **** time!

    Congrats Fettar!

  • Nightwatch Cancelled!

    • -Stratesiz-
    • July 20, 2006 at 9:07 PM

    It truly was a fantastic experience and I enjoyed every bit of working on the HL1 version. It's a shame, it really is...

  • Half-Life 2: Episode 1

    • -Stratesiz-
    • June 6, 2006 at 6:06 PM

    Yah it was great and it seems that they are really pushing the source engine forward~

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... rider2.jpg

  • Heavy Rain E3 demo

    • -Stratesiz-
    • May 25, 2006 at 3:20 PM

    The facial expressions are terrible, especially the eyes and the mouth. The eyes are one of the key elements in creating realistic expressions. Here they are just stale and dead, just plain awful compared to HL2.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • -Stratesiz-
    • May 23, 2006 at 7:48 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/images/meh_csa.jpg]

    ~

  • Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

    • -Stratesiz-
    • May 10, 2006 at 6:13 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Ermmm, has C&C ever not been focused on science fiction?This is also based in the Tiberium universe, which is the most sci-fi of them all. xD

    Yah but it's like 2040 something now so I hope it's not just plasma lasers and stuff. I never liked the cyborgs in Tiberian Sun. I loved the semi-realistic approach in the original. Stealth tanks and Orcas along with oldschool gun turrets and jeeps.

  • E3 COVERAGE - RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS [media inside]

    • -Stratesiz-
    • May 10, 2006 at 6:09 PM

    Lovely stuff sirs!

  • Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

    • -Stratesiz-
    • May 10, 2006 at 5:58 PM

    It sure does look detailed~ The water looks great as well. However, I hope it won't have too much focus on scifi crap. The pics do look promising though. And yes, I want cheesy cutscenes!

  • Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

    • -Stratesiz-
    • May 10, 2006 at 5:52 PM

    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/com ... index.html

    Discuss.

  • Post Your Desktop 2006~~~

    • -Stratesiz-
    • May 7, 2006 at 10:08 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/casimir.tuomi/images/desktop_2006.jpg]

    ~~

    I would never ever touch the win98 theme, it's disgustingly PCish.

    Oh and hamst3r, that looks ultra stylish! Your website looks awesome as well. Great stuff especially since ya are 16!! Keep it up!

  • what do you think about this kind of advertising?

    • -Stratesiz-
    • May 6, 2006 at 10:38 AM

    The approach is still very different in nature. Tony Meenaghan (2001) explains this in his research article "Sponsorship and Advertising: A comparison of Consumer Perceptions" (Psychology & Marketing, Vol. 18(2):191-215)

    Sponsorship is perceived as beneficial whereas advertising is considered as selfish. Sponsorship is indirect and subtle while advertising tends to be direct and forceful. Regarding sponsorship, the intent to persuade is disguised. In advertising the persuasion intention is overt. As for defence mechanisms, sponsorship is characterized by a lower state of alertness resulting in better acceptance and a lower level of conscious registration.

  • a logo design

    • -Stratesiz-
    • May 6, 2006 at 8:55 AM

    Looks cool, but how would that work in a document in paper-form?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™