1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Share the comic stripz0rz for the netz0rz!

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 11:09 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/images/reviews/25.gif]

  • Yet Another Article on Game Dev Careers

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 10:43 PM

    That won't help if my biggest fear comes true in the near future sensee: Since games are getting too complex, companies will be VERY demanding as well. Also, they will rather be more "mechanized" than "humanized", if you get what I mean. That all will lead to boredom and that feeling of emptiness, which are the worst feelings a human being can have imo.

    I know I'm being a bit too pessimistic but you better have a Plan-B in case things go wrong. That's why a degree is important imo... they aren't really important to get into the industry indeed but they will if you decided to quit.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 10:20 PM

    I got a haircut! I'm an idiot!

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/zona69/mino_idiot1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/zona69/mino_idiot2.jpg]

  • Yet Another Article on Game Dev Careers

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 9:28 PM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    How long do you guys see yourself sticking around the pro game biz?

    That's the question I ask to myself when I think about working on this industry or not. If you don't get a degree now what will you do for a living if you get tired of games ? Clerk in a convenience store ?

    My aim is to get a degree in Industrial Design so that I'm able to either work on games or in other related fields if I eventually get tired of it.

  • CS Source: de_tropea

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 9:00 PM

    Nice usage of angled stuff. I'd get rid of the piranesi/chateau content though, they are too old I think.

    Nice job so far skybex's bro!

  • So I met Ferret and Holeman...

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 8:53 PM

    Nice tips klein. There are some things that concern me about the games industry though:

    - Crunch times. You said whatever they tell you it's not worth it. How can you avoid it then ? Working your ass off to get your shit done asap ?

    - Uninspired days. What do you guys do when you don't feel like working on anything ? I mean, my stuff usually suck when I don't feel like doing it.

    - 87% men and 13% women ??

  • Brothers in Arms : Hell's Highway Officially announced.

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 8:31 PM

    Grainy scans make mino cry

    When can we see high res pics ?

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 8:26 PM

    If we go to Sweden we can meet up with Evert, Blaz, Wata, Spellbinder and many others you fool!!

    ps2 I know you live in Norway

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 4:47 AM

    st0lve, I want to go to Sweden some day and hang out with you for like an entire week!

    <3

  • Forget EA, Wal-Mart is our true enemy

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 4:35 AM

    Let's just boycott wal-mart then

  • So I met Ferret and Holeman...

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2006 at 4:17 AM

    haha looks like a lot of fun lukaboy

    lol @ ferret, he looks like a 12 year old kid

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2006 at 7:15 PM

    #cars

  • Operation Underground Assault - Available Now!

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2006 at 3:20 AM
    Quote from Lee3dee

    thanks guys . I started learning HL2 hammer, if any of you have some good tutorials to get me upto speed. I can release it for CS:Source.

    http://www.interlopers.net has quite a lot of good tutorials

    Nice job, I really like this map. Too bad I don't have Swat4 here

  • [RELEASE]D3DM_DarkTown

    • Minos
    • April 10, 2006 at 8:17 PM
    Quote from generalvivi

    looks reall cool. For some reason though i thougth that the doom 3 engin looked different than that.

    Same here

    Good job.

  • Cheap ass plug: Jobs wanted

    • Minos
    • April 10, 2006 at 2:43 AM

    Shit man Don't you have like 2 or 3 kids ?

    I'm sure you will find a job, your portfolio is really good.

  • The beauty (of photoshop...)

    • Minos
    • April 9, 2006 at 11:20 PM
    Quote from hessi

    you are not a real geek!geeks don't know well looking girls.

    anyhow: you shall get hired by one of those porn websites retouching images ^^

    He's a metrosexual dude, he gets all the chicks.

  • Chess Pieces

    • Minos
    • April 9, 2006 at 9:46 PM

    Nice shader.

  • awp_monopoly

    • Minos
    • April 9, 2006 at 7:32 PM

    owned

    Yeah I don't get why you are so upset about it. This map is great and both artists worked their asses off to pull custom content together.

    Maybe you just pissed off cause more people will play this awp map than yours ? Whatever.

    BTW, this thread is about james and generalvivi's work, if you want to bitch about spotlight requirements start your own thread.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Minos
    • April 9, 2006 at 3:34 PM

    nice man

  • What Games are you playing?

    • Minos
    • April 9, 2006 at 3:32 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Yeah, I find myself playing old games I've played before many times over new ones, dunno why...

    Same here

    The only of these newer games that really caught my attention was Resident Evil 4.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    n4r
    October 11, 2026 at 1:37 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™