1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • If you could choose a company to work at...

    • Minos
    • April 26, 2006 at 3:05 AM
    Quote from Zaphod

    do we really need a fletch?

    Not really, he's disposable IMHO

  • mapcore numbers?

    • Minos
    • April 25, 2006 at 4:35 PM

    I will soon! (more like some day...)

  • Old man (ZBrush)

    • Minos
    • April 24, 2006 at 10:21 PM

    Welcome back Ejrulf!

    Yeah nice stuff but I agree that his mouths look really awkward.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Minos
    • April 24, 2006 at 10:17 PM
    Quote from csharp

    saturnday morning (drinking coffee)[Blocked Image: http://rave.irc-galleria.net/f/images11/00/13/97/65/32350382.jpg]

    Friday night (drinking tapio [40vol alcohol])

    [Blocked Image: http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/611/drunk0zr.jpg]

    i think i was a _little_ drunk (because i dont remember who took this )

    wow a 88x131 pic

  • Half-Life props

    • Minos
    • April 24, 2006 at 10:16 PM

    lol

    have you tried http://www.mapping-area.com ? They used to have lots of props.

  • Random maps of the net

    • Minos
    • April 24, 2006 at 10:14 PM

    Laguna is indeed great. Some of the interior lighting ain't THAT good though. The tree shadow also looks horrible. They could have used a transparent texture to simulate the shadow or even bake it to the grass texture.

  • a blog!

    • Minos
    • April 23, 2006 at 6:02 AM

    oh ok I fixed it. Blogspot has an option to automatically fix it.

    Bic- oh thanks for pointing that out

    btw - anyone know the CSS tag to remove borders around those images w/ links ?

  • a blog!

    • Minos
    • April 23, 2006 at 5:37 AM

    Hey guys, anyone here has any blogger experience ? I implemented this today but the first post always get fucked up and I can't find what's wrong with my code. Link to the blog:

    http://thiagok.blogspot.com/ (hah just like philipk!!)

    editing-

    ok I managed to fix it but I had to move that left floater to outside the main body Does it look too gay ?

  • Lumber Wood model NEW! : download link inside

    • Minos
    • April 23, 2006 at 3:56 AM

    Nice stuff, don't really like the dark one tho.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • April 23, 2006 at 3:54 AM

    yeah but it still looks fine

  • [WIP] de_countrything (no name yet)

    • Minos
    • April 23, 2006 at 1:04 AM

    Very nice sir. This map would benefit a lot from custom content though, have you always thought of making them yourself or getting someone to make them for you ?

    Maybe replacing the most obvious stuff ? (the grass texture, the van and the plaster wall for example)

    The shadows also look too dark, I like them but players won't. But it's just a matter of taste I guess.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • April 22, 2006 at 9:19 PM

    Yeah I'm with reno on this one. He's talking about that thin scrolling texture... it really does look out of place. Looks neat other than that.

  • Random maps of the net

    • Minos
    • April 22, 2006 at 7:17 PM

    ok here we go again

    de_morningstar: I always was a fan of blaz and I specially love morningstar. It's huge and it's got lots of environments variety.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.philipk.net/map/de_morningstar1.jpg]

    de_sampa: The map that got me into mapping.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mataleone.com/maps/de_sampa_final13.jpg]

    cs_office: I always loved office/clean themed maps and this one is my favourite official map.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.cs-extreme.net/features/beta7review/office3.jpg]

  • If you could choose a company to work at...

    • Minos
    • April 22, 2006 at 7:09 PM

    I wouldn't work at valve either. They have shemale level designers

  • Random maps of the net

    • Minos
    • April 22, 2006 at 3:12 AM

    My favourite HL map

    [Blocked Image: http://mazy.net/portfolio/images/ts_supertimor/ts_supertimor_large_01.jpg]

    /me pets mazzle

  • Quake 4 Map Pack work

    • Minos
    • April 21, 2006 at 6:49 PM

    oh I love tremors! Nice setting + nice lighting.

    http://www.button-masher.net/images/scr ... ctf7_2.jpg

  • I hate people

    • Minos
    • April 21, 2006 at 6:45 PM

    A fight is always good to make you feel "alive", specialy when you are the winner. I've never had any fights with strangers but I did have some fights with friends (and ex-friends now hehe), mostly at school.

    The funny thing is that I'm skinny as hell but I never got beaten in my life

  • If you could choose a company to work at...

    • Minos
    • April 21, 2006 at 6:32 PM
    Quote from insta

    I'd easily sell my soul to work at Valve. Hell, I'd sell it for a greencard

    haha

  • I hate people

    • Minos
    • April 21, 2006 at 6:42 AM

    The difference between your suckers and ours is that ours shoot people instead of kicking them

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • April 21, 2006 at 2:18 AM

    hah love the expression in his face. gj jal

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    n4r
    October 11, 2026 at 1:37 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™