damn, now I feel like playing commander keen ![]()
Posts by Minos
-
-
hessi you are a genius

-
It looks nice but the HDR makes it look sort of surreal.
-
hmm thanks for the tip gaz, if I don't find out what's wrong I'll try that.
A single texture should still work tho, I've seen people modelling trees and using the same texture for both the trunk and the leaves.
-
Quote from KoKo5oVaR
omfg minoz, this is fucking awesome, pretty neat texturing you have there §!! sorry, but i can't help you on that one, i've never tried something like that before :/Also how will you make the collision model of all this stuff ? :x
It will be way above of 25 parts
It won't be accessible

-
of course the egg came first. Dinos had eggs and were trillions of years older than chickens...
-
Here's a little scaffolding thingy for my dm map
[Blocked Image: http://insurgencymod.net/team/upload/Fi…g_mino_prev.jpg]
The polycount is a bit high (3752) but this isnt going to be a big problem.
editing----
Houston we have a problem. I compiled the vmt as following but when I preview the model some weird rendering errors occur:
http://insurgencymod.net/team/upload/Fi ... _error.jpg
vmt:
Code
Display MoreVertexLitGeneric { "$basetexture" "models\mino\avon_scaffolding_mino" "$translucent" "1" "$alpha" "1" }Should I put the alpha mapped green thing in a separate texture ?
-
This world scares me

-
I wish my bro mapped and so we could make a map together.

-
Nice shit dude
-
That's awesome boy!
-
I don't know, I got tired of RHCP after californication (which was their greatest album imo). Some of their older stuff is good though.
-
Yeah it sucks hard time... I wonder what Take2 are going to do with the "alleged" new title rockstar vienna were working on.
-
You can search for specific file extesions, they don't necessarily need to be linked in a page for google to find them.
-
Most of those map files are rubbish tho stepp
-
stepp has this card I think
-
I have the original pic here if anyone is interested

-
Quote from RD
And Minos ofcourse parental love is important, but the youth these days are spoiled brats with xbox 360's. The reject their parents love because theyre too busy playing games. Its cool to be a thug, thats why they do it.
I totally agree with you. Lack of parental attention isn't the only reason but it's the major one imo. One thing leads to another. These kids ain't raised by their parents but by TV/video-games. Some here might consider what I'll say now a sin but I truely agree that video-games lead kids to violence. But not in the way most people are used "omg I played GTA now I must kill people". These kids have bigger problems, TV and video-games are just the trigger, something they use to scape their mediocre lives. TV/video-games didn't lead these kids to violence, their parents/friends/society did. But that's just me and I could be wrong...
So yeah, back on the TV subject, it may sound old but TV was 1000x better back when I was kid. My favourite cartoons included captain planet and some other japanese tokusatsus that teached the importance of love, friendship and shit like that. Of course they were crappy as fuck but they had a good message afterall.
What do these kids watch now ? Hell, when I was kid I used to watch Beakman's World and Wonder Years, where are these good tv shows nowadays ?
Even our rappers were cooler back then
Look at 50cent... pff...Call me old-fashioned or whatever but I rarely watch TV these days and to be honest I don't miss it.
-
sure...
Quote[...]Maybe, as Pogo said, “. . . the enemy . . . is us.” [1] Maybe the root of all childhood disobedience is to be found in parental hypocrisy: the lack of genuine parental values and the ultimate fraud of all authority that is based in nothing but moral emptiness.
http://www.guidetopsychology.com/ad_viol.htm
LACK OF PARENTAL SUPPORT DURING CHILDHOOD IS ASSOCIATED WITH INCREASED ADULT DEPRESSION AND CHRONIC HEALTH PROBLEMS, STUDY FINDS
http://www.apa.org/releases/parentalsupport.html
Quote[...]Not until the last fifth of this book are we finally told what Breggin believes is the cause of children's developmental disorders, such as ADHD and autism, and behavioral/emotional problems such as oppositional defiant disorder and depression. The causes are said to be: (1) lack of parental love, (2) lack of parental attention, (3) lack of parental discipline, (4) family stress, (5) poor educational methods, and (6) a mental health profession that is prejudiced toward neurobiological explanations for behavior over psychosocial ones.
http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEdu ... eggin.html
Lack of parental love - a factor in child sex abuse
http://www.dailynews.lk/2003/03/06/fea04.html
Article on the origins of human love and violence. (points out maternal indiference as a violence generator factor)
-
ah when I clicked this thread I was expecting to see some psychedelic map filled with mushrooms and acid

Not much to comment on though. Maybe if you get proper textured and lit ingame screenies...