1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • Minos
    • January 11, 2007 at 8:51 PM

    I have some awesome ideas, this contest is gonna rock

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • Minos
    • January 11, 2007 at 4:00 PM

    I rushed and did a shitty logo (I'm reallly late for work) so could anyone do a better one ?

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • Minos
    • January 11, 2007 at 3:42 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/eot…hoolcontest.jpg]

    Hello guys Since many people liked the idea and are willing to do a map I'll oficially start the contest. The idea is simple: Make a kickass hldm map using limited resources.

    The contest is due to FEB 5th so all submissions must be done untill that. I'll start a thread a few days before the deadline where people can post a link to their maps. The winners will be chosen by public voting.

    Here are the basic rules (can be changed afterwards, so stay tuned to this thread)

    * Anyone can enter this contest with as many maps as they want (as soon as the maps were not released before)

    * The only wads allowed are: halflife.wad, xeno.wad, liquids.wad, decals.wad, mapcore_contest.wad

    * You cannot use custom assets (textures, sprites, models, skyboxes etc)

    * DO NOT use -wadinclude or -nowadtextures (so we can keep the file sizes small)

    * The maps must have a proper and playable deathmatch layout

    * The 5 best maps will be featured in a nice mappack

    * The placement of the contest's logo is optional (since it looks terribly awful.. can anyone try and do a better one ?)

    IMPORTANT:

    Wad containing the contest's logo, null,skip and hint textures:

    http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro ... ontest.wad

    Post any questions you have on this thread.

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • Minos
    • January 11, 2007 at 3:39 PM

    ok I'll post the rules in the wip forum

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • Minos
    • January 11, 2007 at 2:55 PM

    Yeah you can use them freak

    You guys still up for the contest ? I wrote some basic rules but I'm not sure if enough guys will join it... (the deadline is feb 1st).

    What about custom content ? I was thinking of sticking to hl.wad but allow custom skyboxes, sounds, sprites etc... (no models allowed though)

  • D3ads Portfolio

    • Minos
    • January 11, 2007 at 2:48 PM

    wow that's rad d3! I didn't know you were this good. Now keep it up and finish something, you seem to be a hard-working and creative fella. It can't be too hard for you to finish something

  • Guess the map! Revived.

    • Minos
    • January 9, 2007 at 2:31 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    de_deadlock by 3D-Mike

    yup I love that map.

  • DM_Snowdin

    • Minos
    • January 9, 2007 at 2:28 PM

    It looks kickass ooghi The lighting needs some color variation imo. Some strong orange lamps here and there would add a lot to the atmosphere.

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • Minos
    • January 9, 2007 at 2:22 PM

    Yes skdr, you can import .rmfs but you can only save/export .vmfs

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • Minos
    • January 9, 2007 at 10:38 AM
    Quote from dissonance

    can't the current hammer be used for hl1?

    nop

    who would like to manage this ? We can start the contest sunday so everyone can reinstall HL and hammer.

  • This is un-fucking-beliavable: My ISP blocks youtube...

    • Minos
    • January 9, 2007 at 2:20 AM

    Another major ISP just blocked youtube too...

    http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/article ... OUTUBE.XML

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • January 8, 2007 at 10:25 PM

    I finished the wall texture:

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f295/mino_textures/wall16_mino_wip2.jpg]

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • Minos
    • January 8, 2007 at 6:57 PM

    or maybe we could textures from the remake hl.wad thread

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • January 8, 2007 at 3:47 PM

    ...and D3 wins a pic extravaganza thread once again

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • Minos
    • January 8, 2007 at 3:35 PM

    I have a good idea for a theme: deathmatch level in the Black Mesa facility

    if only we could use nightwatch's textures...

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • Minos
    • January 8, 2007 at 3:17 PM

    yeah I actually prefer hldm but CS is more popular... whichever one is ok. We just have to stick to the same mod, so we can prepare a mappack afterwards.

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • Minos
    • January 8, 2007 at 3:09 PM

    What about a CS1.6 contest, we can decide a theme and have a short time limit (like a week or two). I talked to some people and they seem to like the idea. Someone else will have to take care of this though, since I suck at organizing contests

  • This is un-fucking-beliavable: My ISP blocks youtube...

    • Minos
    • January 8, 2007 at 10:14 AM

    ...because of a silly celebrity video. I can't believe this, I feel like if I lived in China.

    http://www.ecanadanow.com/business/2007 ... s-youtube/

    And now this bitch has gone too far. She's a fucking atention whore and do anything to get famous and rich. I'm so sick of her.

    (ps: My ISP is the biggest one in Brazil according to the site... this is not a small local ISP, this is a huge ISP blocking half of brazilians from seeing youtube)

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • Minos
    • January 8, 2007 at 2:52 AM

    Reno: I always loved your mapping style

    skybex: oh boy, cs_coldshell really impressed me when you released it

    Hey maybe we could have a small old school contest with limited resources (IE 256x256 textures and no props). Or even a hl1 mapping contest.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • January 5, 2007 at 11:16 PM

    WIP of a wall texture I"m working on... any advices ?

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f295/mino_textures/wall16_mino_wip.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™