1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Get a degree or not ?

    • Minos
    • February 8, 2007 at 7:08 PM

    I recently wrote a little post on this subject for my site. I know my writing may be obscure here and there but I think you guys can get my point of view. Any thoughts on this ? Specially from you guys from the industry ? How do you guys see the industry in, let's say, 5 years ?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • February 8, 2007 at 5:53 PM

    The ducts look horrible imo

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 8, 2007 at 5:39 PM

    I still have to fix some minor lighting issues in my map and then it's ready

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • Minos
    • February 8, 2007 at 12:27 PM

    I WANNA SEE PICS!!

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • February 7, 2007 at 2:56 PM

    ah I should get mudbox too

  • Stumbled over some 3d apps.

    • Minos
    • February 7, 2007 at 2:46 PM

    this one looks interseting

    http://www.delgine.com/index.php?filena ... 6fb8b9dd8b

  • 3d Studio vs Maya (for game development)

    • Minos
    • February 7, 2007 at 2:10 PM
    Quote from Hourences

    Max at least have an fps camera build in so thats something already.

    How can I use it ? I've tried to find an fps camera in max for years and years but could never find

  • 3d Studio vs Maya (for game development)

    • Minos
    • February 7, 2007 at 2:31 AM

    That's not completely true. All the Resident Evil 4 level design was done in Maya as seen in the making of.

  • Resident Evil 4 has finally come to PC...

    • Minos
    • February 6, 2007 at 8:08 PM

    I'd rather play the ps2 version on my... ps2

  • Resident Evil 4 has finally come to PC...

    • Minos
    • February 6, 2007 at 4:24 PM

    aw the hud looks really shitty :/ The game still looks awsome though.

  • 3d Studio vs Maya (for game development)

    • Minos
    • February 6, 2007 at 2:44 PM

    Yeah I'm downloading Maya 7 personal learning edition now. I just wanted to hear from people who used both 3d studio and maya.

  • 3d Studio vs Maya (for game development)

    • Minos
    • February 6, 2007 at 2:22 PM

    I've been considering a lot switching to maya to model props and eventual levels. Is that a wise thing to do ? I mean, what are the real advantages and what version should I get ? I heard the latest versions are kind of buggy.

    (I'm not talking about weapons/characters but level design specific stuff btw)

  • awesome portable games artist

    • Minos
    • February 5, 2007 at 3:33 PM

    wow I just found this guy's portfolio and it looks totally kickass. He has worked on many GBA/DS/PSP games.

    anyways, this is his site. I'm totaly in love with it.

    http://www.pixinspace.com/

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • February 5, 2007 at 2:07 PM

    I gots rid of my goatee

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/zona69/beforeafter.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • February 5, 2007 at 2:55 AM

    hmm I think it sould be better if you used a lighter-gray color for the fog I love that kind of environment, keep it up moroes

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • Minos
    • February 5, 2007 at 2:51 AM

    Sorry for disappearing... it wouldn't be fair to release all these kickass maps at an "almost-finished" state, so I decided to extend the deadline for another week. That's right, the new deadline is feb 12. This will be last time I extend it so you guys better get everything done and polished by the end

    This' being a kickass contest indeed, and I can't wait to test all the maps and prepare the map pack

    Keep it fellas

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • Minos
    • February 2, 2007 at 3:03 PM

    Beta 1 of my map is ready but I'll have to recompile it to improve lighting in some places (some places are pitch black ). Anyways, I'm very glad I managed to finish this one, I had a lot of fun working on a hldm map again

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/zona69/avon_beta1_03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/zona69/avon_beta1_04.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/zona69/avon_beta1_02.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/zona69/avon_beta1_01.jpg]

    I'll be posting a beta bsp as soon as I sort things out and recompile it (the damn thing is taking almost 4 hours to compile on normal vis)

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • Minos
    • January 31, 2007 at 11:32 PM

    we can always extend the deadline if most of you arent gonna finish your maps in time

  • Is there a good way to rescale textures...

    • Minos
    • January 31, 2007 at 3:55 PM

    The only way is to repaint it

    Poop in my mouth has an article about that http://www.poopinmymouth.com/tutorial/resize.htm

  • Good sign references?

    • Minos
    • January 31, 2007 at 3:53 PM

    sxc.hu is free btw

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™