1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • March 3, 2007 at 6:59 PM

    hahaha

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • March 3, 2007 at 6:46 PM

    this is how I do it (in photoshop):

    - scan a drawing

    - Adjust brightness/contrast so the edges are all uniform and strong

    - Duplicate the layer and set it as "multiply" and name it "drawing". You will paint everything below this layer.

    - Change the background to white

    - Add a layer below the "drawing" layer and paint the basic colors with a hard-edge brush

    - After the basic colors are done add another layer on top of it and name it "shadows". Use grey'ish tones to paint the shadows and set the layer to "linear burn" with 60% opacity

    - Add another layer on top of the basic colors layer and name it "hightlights". Paint the hightlights with grey'ish tones again and set the layer to "screen" or even "color dodge". Adjust the opacity at will.

    This is just a rough idea on how I do it. Another good trick is to link the highlights and shadows layers to the basic colors, so its easy to paint them. Here's an awesome article about this:

    http://www.comicfoundry.com/modules/wfs ... icleid=290

    Also koko posted an awesome video tutorial on the 2d-art forum. You should check it too.

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • March 3, 2007 at 5:58 AM

    Ok here's some stuff I did recently... Not as good as Koko's of course but they are still cool imo

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/robo_thumb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/cogumelo_do_sol_thumb.jpg]

  • Help my dad with a name for his band

    • Minos
    • March 1, 2007 at 3:38 PM

    The Queens of the Glacial Age

  • Brothers in Arms is invading your DS

    • Minos
    • February 28, 2007 at 11:49 AM

    http://www.jeux-france.com/news19364_br ... mages.html

    that looks pretty cool

  • Easy file backup system

    • Minos
    • February 26, 2007 at 10:00 PM

    It's just that when I copy files straight from dvds/cds they are automatically set as "read only". At least the last time I did it (a few years ago when I switched from win 98 to xp - all of my old files are "read only" now)

  • Easy file backup system

    • Minos
    • February 26, 2007 at 6:06 PM

    Hello folks. I just got a new pc and I need to backup some files from my current pc. I don't want to use DVDs because all the files will be "read-only" afterwards and that's really annoying. Is there any way I can do it without having to .rar all my stuff ?

    btw, I also sold this pc so I won't be able to mount my old hd on the new pc.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • February 26, 2007 at 2:48 AM

    height variation pls!!

  • 3.93 GByte photos of France [torrent] [RE-SEED]

    • Minos
    • February 25, 2007 at 2:48 PM

    Hessi you suck

    I don't think I can confortably browse RAW files in this pc though... Anyways, that's a really cool attitude my hessis <3

  • WTC movie.

    • Minos
    • February 25, 2007 at 5:55 AM

    /me calls urban for another sep 11 debate

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 24, 2007 at 3:32 PM

    ...and the second place goes to?

    I think we should stick another deadline for the final versions... a week should be fine imo

  • Drawergeeks, an interesting drawing contest!

    • Minos
    • February 22, 2007 at 2:35 PM

    Ah ok, I thought they were given kids drawings and had to reintepret it (at least that's what KT said )

  • DE_Museum coming to Source!

    • Minos
    • February 22, 2007 at 3:54 AM

    Nice shit - the t-rex looks awesome

  • Coolest java applet EVER

    • Minos
    • February 22, 2007 at 12:03 AM

    http://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/galleries ... mpire.html

    that guy is a god, he did most of the Star Wars/Star Trek concept art

  • January US Console sales

    • Minos
    • February 21, 2007 at 2:27 PM

    ok

  • Drawergeeks, an interesting drawing contest!

    • Minos
    • February 21, 2007 at 2:07 PM

    Where are the original drawings ??

    wow I loved this iron man version http://drawergeeks.com/Iron%20Man/Moffitt1.jpg

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 20, 2007 at 6:04 PM

    So when is the poll gonna be closed ? I still have to recompile the final version of my map (with all the bugs fixed for the map pack)

  • Cheap game engine licenses

    • Minos
    • February 20, 2007 at 3:42 AM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    AmpII! :science:Actually, I don't recommend that one.

    Nebula is pretty cool, though, runs everything through Maya plugins and is free. The educational game I worked on used it; it wasn't super incredible but did the job (plus there were only a handful of people working on it; I'm sure you could do more with more time and a few more people). http://www.radonlabs.de

    Earlier version of the engine was used in this game: http://www.radonlabs.de/nomadsscreenshots.html

    ...which I think still looks pretty cool.

    This game looks pretty good imo

    http://www.radonlabs.de/szbscreenshots.html

    So all level geometry is made on maya then imported into the engine ?? or am I being too dumb again ?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • February 20, 2007 at 3:33 AM

    wtf is that flying duck

  • [REL] DoD_Edelweiß Beta 3

    • Minos
    • February 16, 2007 at 7:41 PM

    Nice skybox, did you make it ?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™