1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Free TV & taxi home when you buy a PS3

    • Minos
    • March 23, 2007 at 3:56 PM

    I want a free tv too

    The ps3 costs around 3 thousand bucks here btw (around 1,500 USD). PS3 FTW!!

  • Bestest fight scene ever

    • Minos
    • March 23, 2007 at 3:51 PM

    haha that scene looks familiar. What movie is it from ?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • March 23, 2007 at 2:50 AM

    Erratic, you are my favourite source mapper bro <3

  • [REL] DoD_Stuttgart_b2

    • Minos
    • March 22, 2007 at 6:57 PM

    hmm it's not a bad map at all but it could look a lot better with better lighting. The light-env is too uninteresting and some of the interior lighting needs more contrast.

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • March 22, 2007 at 3:48 AM

    That's pro stuff rick! Are you going to texture it or is it just architecture practise ? keep it up.

  • [REL] Dod_Abancourt_FINAL

    • Minos
    • March 22, 2007 at 3:40 AM

    I don't like it to be honest. Here are a few points:

    * The map does not look like 1945 at all. Those buildings in the first screenshot don't even look believable. Get rid of the modern glass windows and of the grass on the stone floor.

    * I can notice an horrendous clash of styles all over the map. For example, in the second shot you can see a wooden framed bulding on top of a stone wall and a cheap/modern building next to it.

    * Research WW2-period architecture. You can find countless resources on the web.

    * That huge brick building looks horrible. It's flat, boring and simply too huge to look believable. It makes no sense at all.

    * I can spot bad aligned textures in LOTS of places, pay attention to this next time.

    * The sidewalks look really flat

    * You said it's a battle-torn town. Where's the fire ? Where's the destruction ? Where's the gore ? Where's the debris ?

    * That building with a hole in the middle is my favourite to be honest (SARCASM). I mean, it just makes no sence. Was the hole sliced off by an alien weapon or something like that ?

    ** USE DECALS**

    * As for the lighting it's also very bad imo. The thick fog was either a desperate attempt to hide the map's flaw or a desperate attempt to make the FPS better. It just makes the map even flatter. The lighting color/shadow intensity also needs some work. We have seem that kind of lighting in like 231031 maps.

    Sorry to sound harsh but truth needs to be said. I can spot some potential in you. Just plan out your map better next time and do LOTS of research before getting to actual work.

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • March 20, 2007 at 5:21 PM

    Yep kokos I agree with you I'm not confident enough with my lines yet... but I'm practising a lot. And that's a goddamn hot dragon you got there

    Here's some stuff from my sketchbook. The drunken mushrooms one was done during a reaaaal boring class. The alien was colored with watercolor pencils but it looks damn ugly on the pc I'll color some of these when I get the time (i'm really looking forward to painting the arab guy chasing a dog )

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/allah_akbar.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/drunk_shrooms.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/alien_das_maos_grandes.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/feel_good_hit_of_the_summer.jpg]

  • Test your IQ bitchez

    • Minos
    • March 20, 2007 at 4:47 PM

    I consider myself an average person... I know I'm not dumb but I'm not a genius either. I won't score anything high, specialy because engrish is not my native tongue but let's try...

    ok I scored 87

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • March 19, 2007 at 8:20 PM

    Here's some shit from my sketchbook It was based on queens of the stone age's someone is in the wolf. This one is my favourite so far. (I'll post more from my sketchbook soon)

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/someones_in_the_wolf.jpg]

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • March 17, 2007 at 3:59 PM

    Yeah sk3tch, we were given around 10 minutes to finish each. It's damn hard to get proportion right without using any pencils/basic sketches.

    dc-mike: A stuffed elk

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • March 16, 2007 at 7:46 PM

    Heres some stuff done with chinese ink + brushes. The second and third ones were done without any previous sketch, we had to do it on spot (with models posing for us of course).

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/rosto.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/cara.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/veado.jpg]

  • Post pictures of your young self extravaganza

    • Minos
    • March 16, 2007 at 6:25 PM

    HOLY SHIT!!! i'm dressed up like CJ haha

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/mino_gurizao.jpg]

  • Now playing

    • Minos
    • March 16, 2007 at 4:29 PM

    Okami - ps2 (a truly addictive and pleasant game)

    Call of Duty 3 - ps2 (kind of boring but I borrowed it anyways)

    Monster Rancher 2 - PSX (although this game has a high gay rate its awesome... everyone who never played it should try it some day)

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • March 16, 2007 at 11:47 AM

    Doesn't look so bad- what is it ? a mega-man like character ?

  • De_Hogsatra_2007

    • Minos
    • March 16, 2007 at 11:41 AM

    gravedigga

  • Don't copy that floppy !

    • Minos
    • March 15, 2007 at 7:01 PM
    Quote from Johnny

    new emoticon: [Blocked Image: http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/4642/dctf1ibqj7.gif]

    haha

  • Don't copy that floppy !

    • Minos
    • March 15, 2007 at 1:04 PM

    I'm never copying a floppy again

  • I g6t 4 pr6bl31 w1th 3y k4yb56rd

    • Minos
    • March 15, 2007 at 11:40 AM

    Have you tried checking "keyboard properties" under control panel ? Maybe its a driver problem who knows...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • March 14, 2007 at 5:22 PM

    that floor is awesome dude

  • New Spiderman 3 trailer? (leaked and unfinished)

    • Minos
    • March 14, 2007 at 4:40 PM

    hehe nice but I wonder why they would bother doing a trailler if they didn't even have proper CG scenes yet?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™