Nice stuff, now add more signs, trash, fire and rubble .
Posts by Minos
-
-
Peris: Great sense of movement you got with that lizard

-
A HOT BABE I DID WITH A CRAPPY WHEELMOUSE!!
[Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/chick_final.jpg]
-
Jon that's neat

http://jonmonaghan.com/stuff/turtlesalley7xk.gif
I'll post some as soon as I get home
-
Quote from ReNo
Nimrod
Beautiful, but not a great use of the available space IMO. I wouldn't want to play this as anything more than a 1v1, but in that scenario it could work pretty well. Lovely 3D skybox on all but one of the sides of the map, and tragically that is the side that needed it the most
Obviously this leads to the disappearing into nothing edge looking pretty daft, but the overall impression of the map is still one of "wow". The ladders aren't particularly well done which is a shame given their importance in the layout of the map, but they are useable once you figure out how. Also didn't like the pink blob of light above the 2 chargers, but I guess the deadline removed the opportunity to tweak it and that is really the only visual issue besides the missing skybox section. Good level.Yeah that's pretty much what I think about it
I had problems with my internets for 2 or 3 weeks and steam wouldn't start in off-line mode. Then I had little to no time to properly tweak/test it. But I'm glad that the map didn't turn out totaly crappy 
I'd definately fix the ladders bug and the 3d sky emptiness for the final map pack. Maybe we should give another week so everyone can tweak their maps and we can have a real horrorshow map pack ? This is mapcore's first mappack afterall

-
like I said, we have many PHP coders here (Thrik, Tarky etc), we could ask one of them to create a simple rating system (it could even be in a separate page if it's too hard to implement it into phpbb..)
-
wow fantastic lighting! good job
-
Looks good for a CS 1.6 map, nice brushwork. The lighting looks a little weird though imo. You should either have gone for a colder (with blue/green'ish lights) or for a more dramatic look (with strong contrast/brighter point lights + high -gamma value). At the moment it's just generic point lights all over the map. And add the lamp's texture to the lights.rad file so it looks bright ingame.
-
A contest with limited materials would be nice, just like the 52hr contests. We have lots of artists here, I'm pretty sure we can make a nice texture pack.
-
Some areas look really flat (specially the outside) but the map looks fine overall.
-
-
This guy looks like Bruce Willis
-
Nice theme, at least stands out from most of the other cs maps. The lighting needs some work imo. It looks a bit generic and adds nothing to the atmosphere. It will be cool if you get another skybox, maybe make one ? You can use Terragen for this.
-
Makes good use of color correction in his maps
-
Yeah that sounds like a good plan to me. Valve did it with CS and DoD maps and it worked quite well. I also think that having your work published in a commercial game is way more important than some money, at least for those who plan on working in the industry. I see this rather as a good opportunity to draw attention to my portfolio than to make easy/quick money.
-
Makes good mosque maps.
-
Maybe someone could code a simple php page with the rating system ? I doesn't really need to be embedded into the forums imo.
-
Is a bit arrogant and idolizes ken20banks
-
has a hairy butt
-
Posts way too much in this thread