1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • June 1, 2007 at 8:20 AM

    This is what I usualy to clean up an scanned drawing:

    - Desaturate the image

    - Slightly increase brightness/contrast (don't overdo this step, otherwise you will end up with horrible crispy lines)

    - Manualy clean things up with a hard white brush (very important, don't be lazy on this step)

    - Duplicate the layer and set the top one as "multiply" and 50-70% opacity. (This will make your lines darker. You can also use a slight blur pass on the top layer if your lines are too crispy).

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • June 1, 2007 at 5:16 AM

    As I said, the drawing is old and pretty much sucks. I was just trying out a few new techniques I learned

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • June 1, 2007 at 4:14 AM

    damn, my workplace's monitor is really fucked up, that drawing is SATURATED as fuck on my home monitor

    fixed it

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • May 31, 2007 at 10:38 PM

    Just trying out a few new techniques... I know it's very wrong anatomicaly but it was the only drawing I had on my work pc.

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/punk-1.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • May 31, 2007 at 6:59 PM

    Awesome

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • May 31, 2007 at 4:51 PM
    Quote from Something

    [Blocked Image: http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1092/ruin349ev0.th.jpg]

    reminds me of philipk's submerged

  • Congrats to Dark... another Threewave'r

    • Minos
    • May 31, 2007 at 8:20 AM

    Congrats dark, have a good time there

  • [HL2DM] down_there - finally done

    • Minos
    • May 31, 2007 at 6:25 AM

    yeah I'm sure you could find someone to make a better brick texture for you The brushwork is really good though, good job.

  • Little urban intervention thing I did with some friends

    • Minos
    • May 31, 2007 at 6:17 AM
    Quote from FMPONE

    min0...possibly the most likeable person on the planettouching video of course but lol at the random ass just spliced in there somewhere! very fight club of you

    haha you noticed it

    Only 4 people out of 40 on my class noticed that by themselves. They were like LOL WTF AN ASS??

  • Little urban intervention thing I did with some friends

    • Minos
    • May 31, 2007 at 5:47 AM

    I put up a little video about the urban intervention thing. I showed it in class today and my teacher almost cried lol The text is in portuguese but the footage speaks for itself

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLAva_AhHbc

  • T-Shirt design for a competition

    • Minos
    • May 31, 2007 at 4:31 AM

    soooo... its time for voting !! go register at it (it's really simple) and rate it 5!!

    http://allmightys.com/features/vote_des ... n=309#c145

    ... if you love me that is

  • T-Shirt design for a competition

    • Minos
    • May 30, 2007 at 4:40 PM

    Final version:

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/allmightys_design-galleryhires.gif]

  • T-Shirt design for a competition

    • Minos
    • May 30, 2007 at 3:32 PM
    Quote from Furyo

    Well you could always say white and black aren't colors, so that could give you more choices...

    yeah I thought about that but checking the the past competitions I noticed that black and white actually counted as colors.

  • T-Shirt design for a competition

    • Minos
    • May 30, 2007 at 7:45 AM

    You are right bic~

    I don't like the colors now tbh and I think a black and white version would rock, I'll test it tomorrow.

  • T-Shirt design for a competition

    • Minos
    • May 30, 2007 at 7:26 AM

    I came up with this design for a competition at http://www.allmightys.com . The theme is Monsters & Mayhem and you could only use 4 unique colors (the amused monster is see-through).

    This is also my first time doing something "big" with illustrator and I love it so far. I use Corel Draw everyday at my job but I fucking hate it to be honest.

    I still have to smooth out some curves and fix some issues (like the chair's legs perspective) but the final result will look pretty much like this.

    The link to the competition page is http://allmightys.com/features/current_ ... 3a8ce16af6

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/allmightys_wip01.gif]

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/allmightys_wip02.gif]

  • female anime basemesh

    • Minos
    • May 30, 2007 at 5:43 AM

    Yeah she's very weird anatomicaly... but since it's an anime I guess it's ok.

  • Post your firefox links bar extravaganza

    • Minos
    • May 29, 2007 at 5:40 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/eot_mapcore/barrafirefox.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • May 29, 2007 at 3:33 PM

    I'm just being a bit too dumb again

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • May 29, 2007 at 6:39 AM

    ok I think I get it now ferret. I'll still use the high poly for ambient occlusion baking though.

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • May 29, 2007 at 4:12 AM

    I'm using this hipoly version only to bake the normal map... how am I supposed to bake a normal without UVing the model ? I'm noob at normal map making, this is my first one.

    I'll use that UV map to paint the texture on and then apply it on the low poly version.

    snipa: fixed that too

    this is the low poly for those who havent seen it (1000 tris budget)

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/barracuda_wip04.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/barracuda_wip05.jpg]

    I know the car is a bit too long, I'll fix that soon.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™