1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • [serious] Is RD still alive?

    • Minos
    • July 11, 2007 at 9:58 PM

    omai

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Minos
    • July 11, 2007 at 9:57 PM

    I never did unfortunately d3, was quite an awesome idea though.

    I released a pack with all my HL stuff like 2 years ago, you can get it here: http://www.snarkpit.net/maps.php?map=2157

    (haha my english was as poor as nexus' back then)

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Minos
    • July 11, 2007 at 8:47 PM
    Quote from Acumen

    i think it was on the forums some time ago, but i wouldn't add the old hl maps on the frontpage. you could make an archive or something but i don't think its of any use showing these old engine maps - if only for nostalgic reasons. your current work represents a nice skill level - i think that's enough. only i would like to see 3 different screens of your map. i've seen these on almost every ins related site now please take your time and take different screenshots

    for the 3d modelling part. i think it would be useful if you show some kind of wireframe screen of the models itself. i mean you want to show your modelling skills and poly usage is an important aspect.

    and that little sign is a bit - well - i can't really recognize much there

    and what stolve said. 3 screens for each map would be better imo. otherwise it looks a bit like what some guy on the mapcore forums did with his "screenshot mapping". i mean from looking at these pictures i couldn't really tell if you did an entire map or just a scene out of that. i don't think a single screen justifies each map.

    Good points.

    The INS map is undergoing major rebuild at the moment so I can't really take new screenshots. I agree with you to be honest... There's only one pic of dm_nimrod because the other parts weren't as good, but now that you rose the point I think I'll take a night off and spice that map up.

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Minos
    • July 11, 2007 at 8:29 PM

    haha I found some nice quality pics of paragon, now I feel like reinstalling NS and playing that map again.

    http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/ind ... opic=94803

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Minos
    • July 11, 2007 at 7:57 PM
    Quote from -Stratesiz-

    Make the popup window flash fade ins out outs a bit faster and add more pictures of maps and you're golden!~

    Not sure if I can change that, I didn't do the popup script by myself

    Ok I'll add 3 pics of old HL maps then (not sure if ts_shady is in the same level as the other maps, what do you guys think ?)

    http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro ... beta01.jpg

    http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro ... hady01.jpg

    http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro ... ta0000.jpg

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Minos
    • July 11, 2007 at 7:22 PM

    Hello guys. I recently put together a new portfolio. I'm not sure about adding my HL maps and I probably won't, since they won't look as good as the rest of the portfolio... Anyways, there isn't much at the moment but it's always better to have a few good pieces than a bunch of so-so ones.

    The URL is: http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro/portfolio/[url=''][/url]

  • Off site work?

    • Minos
    • July 11, 2007 at 7:16 PM

    I was about to start a thread about off-site work, well done Quakis

    About an year ago I emailed Brazil's biggest game dev company (http://www.southlogic.com, they made the Deer Hunter series) and they didn't really care about me because I didn't have a degree. Then, a week ago they phoned me at home, asking me if I still was interested in working for them and I said yeah. They shipped me a Deer Hunter copy and now I'm supposed to create a level using their editor.

    They want me to move over there but I'm not going to quit college/leave my girlfriend. Instead, I'll do a kickass art test and propose them to work off-site and eventualy visit their studios when needed. I hope everything works out cause I'm pretty bored with my part time job atm.

  • Shack (UE3) [update: september 5, Near final screenies]

    • Minos
    • July 11, 2007 at 4:56 AM

    I love the Diablo 2 (third act) atmosphere:D

  • Nuclear Dawn (www.nuclear-dawn.net) looking for 2D/3D Artist

    • Minos
    • July 11, 2007 at 4:51 AM
    Quote from ShaDoW

    Car wreck? Nope, he's now running Imagine-Center. Haha

    haha wouldn't surprise me

  • Nuclear Dawn (www.nuclear-dawn.net) looking for 2D/3D Artist

    • Minos
    • July 10, 2007 at 8:08 PM

    Congrats on kicking him out. Too bad it took you guys like 2 or 3 years to figure DaveL was a jerk

  • dod_poznan

    • Minos
    • July 10, 2007 at 4:58 PM

    I don't really like that destroyed building at all and in my opinion that's why most DoD maps look annoying. I see that kind of brushwork in like all maps... someone must tell DoD mappers that it looks bad and unrealistic.

    But keep it up anyways zyn

  • [JUNE/JULY CONTEST] Badass weapons!!!

    • Minos
    • July 10, 2007 at 4:54 PM

    Nice Chainsaw

    Only 11 days left guys!! I want to see some progress here!

  • Handheld environment: SKATE RASCALS

    • Minos
    • July 10, 2007 at 4:53 PM

    Oh boy that looks awesome, I love these low poly competitions at polycount. It doesnt make any sense, the flow is horrible but who cares ? It looks neat.

    Now post an screenshot from the 3d studio viewport.

  • FUCK YES!

    • Minos
    • July 10, 2007 at 4:48 PM

    Congrats man, I remember seeing some pictures of the school and they looked amazing. We will never have such a nice school here in the 3rd world so consider yourself lucky

  • [serious] Is RD still alive?

    • Minos
    • July 9, 2007 at 10:27 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Also it might be time to put an end to his madness, noone knows who made Iceworld, and RD actually somehow pulled off getting lots of people believing that he made it

    lol I always suspected it because Iceworld had no wicked easter eggs...

  • [serious] Is RD still alive?

    • Minos
    • July 8, 2007 at 7:54 AM

    He got too disappointed with mapcore after both Poli-Disc got removed and posty got banned imo.

  • Insurgency Trailer Release & Website Launch

    • Minos
    • July 6, 2007 at 2:45 PM

    Did you click on the arrow in the right bottom corner ?

  • Mapcorean Spotted in Insurgency!

    • Minos
    • July 6, 2007 at 3:55 AM

    Hey that's my model

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • July 5, 2007 at 5:35 PM

    It looks VERY photo ripped

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • July 5, 2007 at 5:32 PM

    Phill's textures never get old eh

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™