1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Gang Kidnaps Top Gamer to Get His Password Using Fake Orkut

    • Minos
    • July 22, 2007 at 8:54 PM

    gogo Brazil

  • [EXCITING] Email 3d world [INCREDIBLE]

    • Minos
    • July 20, 2007 at 7:15 PM
    Quote from -Stratesiz-

    Will it support DirectX 10?

    certainly sir

  • Post your room pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • July 20, 2007 at 6:35 AM

    Awesome desk kfs

  • Work at Gearbox Software on Aliens!

    • Minos
    • July 19, 2007 at 10:53 PM

    Mikezilla, how much support does the company give to foreign applicants ? I heard it's pretty hard (nearly impossible) to get a work permit for the USA if you got no university degree. Maybe it's possible with company sponsorship ?

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • July 19, 2007 at 4:52 AM
    Quote

    A child drug addict and criminal, Danny Trejo was in and out of jail for 11 years. While serving time in San Quentin, he won the lightweight and welterweight boxing titles. Imprisoned for armed robbery and drug offenses, he successfully completed a 12-step rehabilitation program that changed his life. While speaking at a Cocaine Anonymous meeting in 1985, Trejo met a young man who later called him for support. Trejo went to meet him at what turned out to be the set of Runaway Train (1985). Trejo was immediately offered a role as a convict extra, probably because of his tough tattooed appearance. Also on the set was a screenwriter who did time with Trejo in San Quentin. Remembering Trejo's boxing skills, the screenwriter offered him $350 per day to train the actors for a boxing match. Director Andrei Konchalovsky saw Trejo training Eric Roberts and immediately offered him a featured role as Roberts' opponent in the film. Trejo has subsequently appeared in many other films, usually as a tough criminal or villain.

    lmao

    Yeah I remember that fella from a few B rated movies

  • dm_moil

    • Minos
    • July 18, 2007 at 10:41 PM

    I played the map last night. Here are a few crits (I know the map is finished, sorry for not posting these before )

    First of all good work on the lighting. The layout seems good for a dm map but the flow in some areas may be a bit bad because they are either too tiny or cramped with stuff.

    Ventilation ducts are really a bad choice in DM maps! They might work well in CS but plainly suck in DM maps because DM players just want to get to other areas as quick as possible, instead of sneaking behind the opponent as a CS player would do.

    I like the openness in the map but it affects performance in some places, specially when you are in front of the warehouse entrance and look towards the street. I think you should have made some of the windows in this place solid (to work as vis blocks) because they add nothing to the gameplay. I know it won't look as good but performance would be better and that's what matters in online maps.

    It's overall a nice map and looks fun to play. Good job

    (moving this to the finished works gallery... could you edit the first post with updated info ?)

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Minos
    • July 18, 2007 at 10:33 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    Looks funky on mine as well, if the window is wide enough it likes to put the site in colums and if I scroll down before the graphics loaded the bottom div ends up above the images.Firefox, 1600x1200 (well, 3200x1200 but as much as I love you I didn't open it across both).

    uh that's weird. Working with divs is quite annoying some times... could you please post an screenshot of the site in your res ? (resize it down please )

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Minos
    • July 18, 2007 at 9:11 PM

    Ok I fixed all the issues, customized the lightbox plugin and improved the content div alignment.

    http://www.leveldesign.com.br/minotauro/portfolio/

    (could you check if it's ok now Skjalg ?)

  • dm_moil

    • Minos
    • July 17, 2007 at 10:36 PM

    It looks great man

    Can I move this to finished work gallery or are you going to start a new thread ?

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • July 17, 2007 at 10:34 PM

    Yeah I noticed that normal maps usualy look a lot better when you normal map only the basic shapes of the objects instead of making complicated bumps and noisy surfaces.

  • amazing game :D

    • Minos
    • July 17, 2007 at 10:10 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    Wow the 5 th level is so hard that it remind me that fucker :[Blocked Image: http://sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/superpunchout/SuperPunchout0701.png]

    haha super punch out sucked badly man

  • Brutal Level Design Contest - 3 possible winners, $500USD

    • Minos
    • July 13, 2007 at 7:04 PM

    Nice, the money seems good and since the levels are pretty small you can make a kickass one in less than a week.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • July 12, 2007 at 10:48 PM

    Nice style blunkka

    Wall texture for the insurgency croatian sceneario (was intended to be an iraq texture but it will fit the croatian theme better)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/238/2381545644aa1a7238ee4f7fde2f16c3d42c3c.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • July 12, 2007 at 8:45 PM

    yeah those metal bars could easily be 45° rotated rectangles.

    Quakis: Work on those smoothing groups man You can also use a lighting map to make it "shine"

  • Nuclear Dawn (www.nuclear-dawn.net) looking for 2D/3D Artist

    • Minos
    • July 12, 2007 at 8:43 PM

    I'd love to work on an ND map eventualy but I just don't have the time/energy at the moment to commit myself to a "full time" project. Maybe when it comes out, who knows.

  • My portfolio

    • Minos
    • July 12, 2007 at 8:41 PM

    "Modeled" I suppose.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • July 12, 2007 at 7:39 PM

    That looks wonderful D3, I love the "fake" specularity. Not sure if it's intentional or not but it looks nice Keep it up buddy.

  • My portfolio

    • Minos
    • July 12, 2007 at 6:57 PM

    I have seen quite a few portfolios and I always liked the one-paged ones, because it's easier and quicker to navigate.

    Your portfolio is good (as in quality of work) but I think you should focus on the area you want to work on. If it's level design than remove all the other random works (or create a separate page for them, like "assorted works") and put level design related stuff in relevance. And as hourences already pointed out, remove the news posts since they are distracting and add nothing to a good portfolio.

    In fact I think you should keep this as your personal site/blog and create a separate portfolio.

    One paged portfolios I can remember now:

    http://www.philipk.net (blaz)

    http://cmdstud.khlim.be/~beulaers/portfolio/ (peris)

    http://mazy.net/portfolio (mazy)

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Minos
    • July 12, 2007 at 6:41 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Solid stuff Mino, was gonna say that it could use some more stuff but you got quite a lot in terms of levels, models and textures so I think its fine. Now go get hired somewhere! Btw, is that Insurgency map in the mod? Don't remember playing it

    Yeah the map isn't included yet, I'm rebuilding most of it at the moment

    Quote

    Change resizeSpeed to 10 instead of 7 in lightbox.js.

    Thanks man, will do that asap

    Quote

    I found a bug with your site minoz... on my 24" dell screen the "portfolio" part of your site is on the right side of your "who am i" stuff..

    I was afraid that was going to happen on real high resolutions, what res are you using now ?

    I'll fix it asap as well

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Minos
    • July 11, 2007 at 11:02 PM

    ok guys I updated the portfolio but the level design part is kind of messy now, I'll sort it out later. I've also added some new textures.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™