1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • CALLING ALL ENVIRONMENT ARTISTS!

    • Minos
    • August 13, 2007 at 3:50 PM

    Good read adam.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • August 12, 2007 at 8:51 AM

    You forgot to change the skybox The lighting is better now indeed. There's a misaligned texture in this shot btw

    http://bildupload.sro.at/a/images/efever_10_080003.jpg (shop display thingies)

  • Transformers

    • Minos
    • August 12, 2007 at 8:17 AM

    It's a joint venture between Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg, what could you expect kokos

  • [BETA] de_losttemple2

    • Minos
    • August 12, 2007 at 6:48 AM

    I like it a lot, it's obviously based on de_aztec, however it looks refreshing and solid. Maybe you should consider polishing the snakes heads up because they look pretty bad if you ask me.

    Good job on the custom content

  • Skjalgs new pc

    • Minos
    • August 12, 2007 at 6:41 AM

    Looks like you prepared yourself for all the next gen games

  • Transformers

    • Minos
    • August 12, 2007 at 6:34 AM

    Yeah saw it a couple of weeks ago, loved it. The new Camaro design kicks ass as well

  • game dezign iz funz!!!!!!

    • Minos
    • August 12, 2007 at 6:29 AM
    Quote

    Not intended for residents of Texas and Massachusetts

    Discrimination ??

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • August 10, 2007 at 7:03 PM

    Brushwork/texturing looks solid Terminator.

    I'm not a fan of the ambient lighting, it looks too unrealistic. In real life you only get such an orange'ish hue when the sun is on the horizon line... yet, the light_env pitch in your map is like -45.

    Keep in mind that strong hues may cause some discomfort to the eyes. Players will get tired of your map rather quickly if you keep the current lighting.

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • August 9, 2007 at 5:27 PM

    That fucking sucks koko

    Just kidding, I really dig the line art

    As for the warehouse that's a really old wip, I'll post the finished version soon (that looks a looot better)

  • The "piss-screen"

    • Minos
    • August 9, 2007 at 5:21 PM

    amazine...

  • I am making a DoD:s map.

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2007 at 10:10 PM

    I cleaned this up a bit and reopened the thread since it was unfair to JeanPaul.

    Keep it civil here guys. If you got nothing to add stay away from the thread and just don't post here. If you want to mock him do it in PMs.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2007 at 7:52 PM

    Nice stuff Darth Brush but I think the lighting needs more shape.

    There are lamps hanging from the ceiling but you can hardly notice any light_spot shapes. In the second shot you got white lamps and I'd warn you not to overuse them. Generaly, when you see a plain white lamp you expect the surrouding area to be very lit and that's not the case in the screenshot. It's just disturbing to the eyes to look at a full bright lamp with little to no brightness at all around. This is the trick to make good dark maps but only a few mappers seem to realise it.

    I like the advertisement signs but the white lights surrounding them are very disturbing, as I said before. I'd recommend using an actual lamp texture instead of plain white and ONLY on the 90º faces.

    The map has a lot of potential but the lighting is just too fake to make it an eye candy. Try reading this, it will help you a lot I believe: http://help.hourences.com/booklighting.htm

  • Bad Ass Weapon poll

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2007 at 7:02 PM
    Quote from Quakis

    Oh crap, I forgot to finish the texture on mine...

    Same here

    I vote for ng aniki because of the badass factor. Hessi's model is the best though.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2007 at 7:46 AM

    That's a very inspiring ref pic

  • Minesweeper: The Movie

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2007 at 6:28 AM

    haha

  • Steam Community is live!

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2007 at 3:07 AM

    hmm steam community is definately good stuff!

  • de_mon

    • Minos
    • August 6, 2007 at 6:31 AM

    Best CS map storyline ever

  • Dallas, TX i'm a coming!!!

    • Minos
    • August 3, 2007 at 10:17 PM

    Nice stuff, have fun man

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • August 3, 2007 at 5:16 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/313/313340a83dcf183a3737276d4247b1e33183d6.jpg]

    Still heavily wip, I'm not satisfied at all with the colors atm.

  • Texture artist blog

    • Minos
    • August 2, 2007 at 7:21 PM

    Bookmarked

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™