1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • The Spire (Gears of War MP)

    • Minos
    • November 14, 2007 at 1:44 PM

    Well I'm not sure why the skybox looks so blurry. HL2 skyboxes are 512x512 yet they look a lot sharper than that. Can't you just place some moving clouds to hide the blurriness in the skybox then ?

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • November 14, 2007 at 7:10 AM
    Quote from clayman

    m8nkey I would love to do that..thing is, this is going to be a texture pack, which i will be uploading on my portfolio for for download with the psd files and the meshes i used for the normalmaps..

    a tutorial is a great idea =)

    Sounds quite generous, go for it mate

  • Boy dressed as spider-man becomes hero

    • Minos
    • November 14, 2007 at 7:05 AM

    haha this is one of the coolest news I have seen in quite a while (if not the coolest ever!).

    Quote

    A five-year-old boy dressed as Spider-Man became a real life hero when he saved a baby girl from a burning house in Brazil.

    Pint-sized superhero Riquelme Maciel stepped into the house to pull the one-year-old to safety after he saw her mother crying. The boy had been playing with a friend in his back yard when they spotted smoke coming from the window of a wooden house.

    Using his Spidey senses he ran to tell the baby's mother Lucilene dos Santos, but she was too afraid to enter the blazing house. Without hesitating, the tiny masked crusader decided he would brave the flames to save baby Andrieli from her cradle.

    Mrs Santos told reporters: "He said, 'don't cry, don't scream because I'm going to save Andrielle'. "Then I began shouting for him not to go because I was scared he would die in the fire."

    But Riquelme did not think twice. After the rescue the Spider-Boy simply said: "I decided to go inside the house and save her."

    Fire department's chief Jose de Macedo praised the boy's bravery, but warned parents and children about copying his actions. He said: "It is very dangerous. This requires a trained crew and proper gear. So we pass on this warning that it is not recommended."

    After his heroic act, Riquelme became the talk of the town, making it on to the front pages of local newspapers.

    He says He now wants to become a firefighter and save more lives - although whether he will be allowed to wear his Spider-Man costume while he does it remains to be seen.

    Display More

    http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 08,00.html (there's also a video)

    Hell if I ever have a son I want him to be just as cool as this kid

  • Creating decent rock textures - Help please

    • Minos
    • November 14, 2007 at 3:42 AM

    wow nice finds sa74n

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • November 14, 2007 at 3:29 AM

    Yeah great normal map, get some screenshots of this baby ingame

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • November 14, 2007 at 3:25 AM
    Quote from Rick_D

    too much hdr <_<

    My girlfriend used to do the same to our photos, it's a girl'ish thing >_>

  • The Spire (Gears of War MP)

    • Minos
    • November 14, 2007 at 2:57 AM

    Very nice indeed but I wonder why the skybox looks so low-res'ish ? I don't quite like the yellow'ish shadow on the sides either.

  • (Media Studies) Does television affect children's behavior?

    • Minos
    • November 8, 2007 at 7:11 PM

    haahahha thread closed

  • (Media Studies) Does television affect children's behavior?

    • Minos
    • November 8, 2007 at 5:22 PM
    Quote from Quakis

    I don't recall such a thing. You must be mistaking me with someone else. D=

    lol sorry then

  • (Media Studies) Does television affect children's behavior?

    • Minos
    • November 8, 2007 at 4:32 PM

    Of course it does, it's kind of a dumb question but here we go.

    Television has always influenced us, mostly during our childhood, when our personality is being developed. I was given a lot of toys just because I loved TV shows (japanese TV shows like Kamen Rider). Those shows also modeled most of my personality, because of their strong messages about peace and friendship. I'm not sure about the kids these days... these recent animes/tv shows are just commercial crap without any message or cultural value at all. At least in my opinion.

    I would also take anything the TV hosts said for granted. If they had said "experiment all kinds of drugs and don't let your parents know!" I would have done it back then. Why are they more trustworthy than your parents ? Simply because they bring you entertaining cartoons instead of getting mad at you when you bring bad marks home.

    The government should give special atention to TV programs aimed at children, since those TV programs are influencing the coming generations. I'm not saying the government should blatantly censor these tv shows, but cut some of the crap out when they cross the line.

    If I recall correctly you posted some pics of yourself wearing some anime outfit so yeah, TV DOES affect people's behavior

  • What old games are you playing?

    • Minos
    • November 8, 2007 at 6:11 AM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Also picked up the most recent boxed collections of King's Quest and Space Quest, I need to get around to replaying those.

    Oh yeah, those are amazing! I was actually replaying King's Quest VI a few months ago.

    I also should get around to playing Deus EX, I never played it ;o

  • Latest Mapcore console owernship survey

    • Minos
    • November 8, 2007 at 6:08 AM
    Quote from Izuno

    Sorry I didn't see the "next gen" stuff on the poll title, that's why I edited my post.

    chillax dude

    ah we must have been posting/editing at the same time. you brought up a good point about a old consoles so wanted to respond. that's all.

    I'm saving some money for a 360 (because it's damn expensive here in Brazil but you guys are already tired of my whining I suppose).

    The wii isn't really appealing for me and the PS3 is even more costy than a 360. The 360 also seems to get all the cool FPS games these days.

  • School shooting, now hitting europe (and games are involved)

    • Minos
    • November 8, 2007 at 5:48 AM
    Quote from Thrik

    Not really, especially in London.

    I meant 'relatively' as in to, say, Finland and America. In case you weren't aware both countries have more civilian gun owners than almost every other country in the world, which makes it significantly easier to get your hands on one than it is in the UK where we have pretty much the tightest gun law/control in the world.

    It may be easy if you know the right people in London and a few other key parts of the UK, but by and large it's much less simple a task than it is in other countries. The gun used by the psycho this thread is about was probably stolen from a relative of the shooter rather than something he sought out and bought from an arms dealer.

    I'm going to assume it's no coincidence that the majority of these school shootings by very young people tend to occur in countries with higher general gun availability to the population. Probably makes it easier for such thoughts to infect your mind if you know your dad/granddad/etc always has a gun lying around the house.

    Not sure about that Thrik. You can find illegal guns on every street corner over here and school shootings, like those in the USA, are practically inexistent. Unless it's a gang fight of course, but that's another subject.

    I blame all this "I've got to be popular" mentality. Of course it happens everywhere but it's stronger in countries such as the USA, where kids are raised to be a competitive person and if they fail they are cast out from society. They eventualy get fed up with it and give up, wasting years locked in their bedrooms playing games and making CS maps, untill the day they finally snap and go around killing everyone.

    I know nothing about the finnish society, I can't really comment on this shooting case specifically. I just hope it was an isolate case instead of a major social problem, like it is in the USA.

  • Latest Mapcore console owernship survey

    • Minos
    • November 8, 2007 at 3:44 AM
    Quote from Izuno

    ...fyi if you are looking for the PS2 and other "old" consoles and handhelds I'm just trying to get a quick pulse on the main new consoles, that's all. Thanks for your responses.

    Sorry I didn't see the "next gen" stuff in the title, that's why I edited my post afterwards.

    chillax dude

  • What old games are you playing?

    • Minos
    • November 8, 2007 at 3:28 AM

    I got an SNES emulator for the PS2 and I always play it when I'm home with my girlfriend She also enjoys playing Doom because it's a lot easier than other FPS, so I end up playing it as well.

    Besides that I play Fallout 2 occasionaly.

  • Latest Mapcore console owernship survey

    • Minos
    • November 8, 2007 at 3:20 AM

    none

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Minos
    • November 7, 2007 at 3:26 PM

    Lighting preview ? Where did he say that ? Or am I missing important gossip ?

  • Help me

    • Minos
    • November 5, 2007 at 3:25 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    [Blocked Image: http://moddb.com/images/cache/mods/94/9499/gallery/water_64975.jpg]Ahhh peaces like us, i played that !!!!

    I remember now, you die or something and you are in somekind of afterlife. It was awesome back then

    oh lol I was just going to post that weird screenshot. WHAT THE HELL

  • Pimp my site...

    • Minos
    • November 5, 2007 at 4:58 AM

    American girls wear weird bikinis

  • bmovies.com

    • Minos
    • October 30, 2007 at 3:41 PM

    Not sure how popular or how old this site is but it's pretty awesome if you ask me. You can watch all kinds of bmovies (sci fi, kung fu, horror and westerns) for free, right on your browser There are minimum ads (1 minute of ads before the movie starts but that's ok in my opinion). You can even watch a boy and his dog on this site ;o

    anyways, check it out!

    http://www.bmovies.com

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™