1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Neo-Ruins: Lithographs of post-apocalyptic Tokyo

    • Minos
    • November 30, 2007 at 1:42 PM

    A friend showed me this... AMAZINE!

    http://www.pinktentacle.com/2007/05/neo ... tic-tokyo/

  • cs_siege_2007

    • Minos
    • November 29, 2007 at 8:56 PM

    Looks pretty cool moroes, you should post ins_samawah on mapcore as well

    /me pets

  • Mass Effect

    • Minos
    • November 29, 2007 at 7:34 PM

    ahh if only I had a 360 Trailer looks damn sweet!

  • Good references for abandoned buildings

    • Minos
    • November 29, 2007 at 1:06 AM

    I've gathered quite a few for my brazilian fellows:

    http://www.leveldesign.com.br/forum/vie ... ?f=3&t=118

    Check the "Industrial & Exploração Urbana (locais abandonados em geral)" part

  • moody sky

    • Minos
    • November 29, 2007 at 12:54 AM

    I took these from my window a while ago and I love them, probably the most impressive sky I have ever seen in real life

    The nice thing is that the last photo was taken 20 minutes after the previous ones.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/815/815928a6d6b81994ef28b74436de384a5f7dd7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/815/81593272a26d246dd8ec06d533831557cf2aa3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/815/8159428c548d48d145347b168903128c20274b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/815/815946ab96f8dbe3891900f54a2e20eb99a690.jpg]

  • The Hows and Whys of the Games Industry Released! + New Tuts

    • Minos
    • November 28, 2007 at 11:49 PM

    Very nice read sir, I like your writing style a lot

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • November 28, 2007 at 2:55 PM

    Nice stuff vivi~~

  • dod_harvest

    • Minos
    • November 28, 2007 at 2:53 PM

    You could just try to use a higher end value for the skybox, something like 5500 or 6000.

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Minos
    • November 28, 2007 at 2:50 PM
    Quote from dux

    Is there an eta for all the fixes?

    When they are done.

  • Favorite bands

    • Minos
    • November 28, 2007 at 2:49 PM

    Pixies

    David Bowie

    Queens of the Stone Age

    Jesus and Mary Chain (peris got me addicted to them~~)

    Creedence Clearwater Revival

    Johnny Cash

    The Smashing Pumpkins

    Faith no More

    Joy Division

  • dod_harvest

    • Minos
    • November 28, 2007 at 7:19 AM

    You could make it look twice as good making a proper 3d skybox, with distant mountains/buildings.

  • Monthly CS scrim

    • Minos
    • November 27, 2007 at 2:29 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    RAMBOHULK

    Rambohulk is not near as fun as fy_suicidebomber when you set sv_Gravity to 400 or something (so the CTs can also blow up). It gets totally wild.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • November 27, 2007 at 2:22 AM

    Looks promising warby!

    I don't really dig the sun, it looks too yellow'ish and doesn't match the environment lighting. You should also fix those invalid faces errors (unless the area you took the screenshot from won't be visible ingame):

    http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/ ... dac5c1.jpg

    I also did some colour correction... hope you like it!

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • November 27, 2007 at 2:08 AM

    Were you on LSD or something ? I like the one eyed star.

  • DM Krodan - WIP - UT3

    • Minos
    • November 27, 2007 at 2:08 AM

    It has so much detail that you will barely get to see the other players

    Rocks look a lot better. Personally, I'd like to see more of those lanterns in the front yard.

  • Monthly CS scrim

    • Minos
    • November 27, 2007 at 1:56 AM

    I have been playing a lot of CS with my folks lately, coincidently. (we play mostly old maps, so fun!)

    Where is this server located ? Europe ? I'm afraid I'll have an astronomic ping if I join a server so far away from me

    off-topic: May I suggest you a map ? I have never had so much fun in a CS map before as I did in fy_suicidebomber. It's the best CS map ever IMO

  • DM Krodan - WIP - UT3

    • Minos
    • November 26, 2007 at 1:59 PM

    Oh yeah I remember some WIPs from this project like years ago Looking real solid hourences, you rock sir.

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • November 26, 2007 at 3:12 AM

    Quick sketch I did today while waiting for a test... everything is rather rushed but I kinda like it (I went for a todd mcfarlane-like style)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/803/8031704fcba40f07d587194149be76fc12c84d.jpg]

  • Tutorial - Making Painted Surface

    • Minos
    • November 26, 2007 at 12:01 AM

    Reminds me of that "hard surface painting" tutorial. Nice stuff, been using this technique for some time. Just don't go crazy with it, keep things subtle and you can achieve great results.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • November 23, 2007 at 2:16 PM

    That looks awesome, love the lighting. The only thing that annoys me is how the fog blends with the skybox in the first screenshot, maybe you should modify the sky so everything blends smoothly. Keep up the good work.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™