1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • March 10, 2008 at 4:06 AM

    I have finally released some screenshots of my Insurgency map, ins_abdallah. I have been working on this one roughly for 8 months or so (this is however the 3rd version of this map). Most of the content you see in these screenshots are made by myself, except of course for the vehicles and foliage models (which would require too much time and wouldn't be worthy the effort), detail sprites (that were made by steppenwolf I believe) and some minor textures (like trims, some signs etc) that will be replaced soon. I want to make this map as much self made as I can so I have a well polished and strong portfolio. Anyways enough talking, enjoy the screens!

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/abdallah_2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/abdallah_1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/abdallah_3.jpg]

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • March 7, 2008 at 5:47 PM

    Nice colors, add some orange/yellow tones here and there, they always look good next to blue

  • GiantBomb.com - Jeff Gerstmann's new job

    • Minos
    • March 7, 2008 at 5:37 PM

    Jeff who

  • UT3 - DM-Cove

    • Minos
    • March 6, 2008 at 7:12 PM

    Great use of the engine, congrats!

  • go-kart model

    • Minos
    • March 6, 2008 at 3:20 PM

    Looks very web 2.0'ish (which is a good thing)

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • March 5, 2008 at 7:31 PM

    Looks good but the mirrored building on the sides won't look that good ingame ;o (too obvious)

  • [3d model]Ferrari Enzo

    • Minos
    • March 5, 2008 at 7:30 PM

    I like it a lot but yeah, lighting could be improved

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • March 4, 2008 at 6:17 PM

    Lighting looks very boring and monochromatic at the moment. Despite that it looks like a good start, nice scale.

  • Battlefield Heroes

    • Minos
    • March 4, 2008 at 1:13 AM

    I actually think it looks brilliant

  • [WIP] DoD:S Grafenstein

    • Minos
    • March 3, 2008 at 6:39 PM

    Looks great, too bad I don't have Dod:Source

  • tutorial pimp: fixing mirrored normal map seams

    • Minos
    • February 20, 2008 at 6:59 PM

    urgh I just noticed this issue in Bioshock, thanks for the tutorial anyways

  • Quake Live

    • Minos
    • February 20, 2008 at 6:54 PM

    Awesome

  • game devs you really hate!

    • Minos
    • February 20, 2008 at 6:52 PM

    I don't get this steamworks shit either. Valve would never be as successful without Counter-Strike and the mod community, who brought exposure to an already outdated engine at the time. And now they give minimum to no support at all to the community... maybe some marketing "genius" thought they don't need to rely on their community anymore, which is of course a big mistake.

    Distributing 3rd party mods on steam would bring the community together and reward the hard work we have put into these mods. But that also gets into legal problems, as they would indirectly make money with games that should be free (it would significantly increase half-life's sale in my opinion).

  • My portfolio

    • Minos
    • February 19, 2008 at 6:24 PM
    Quote from Bluestrike

    Wel sort off, I remodeled it because that was easyer to make the lods & collision and not waste spine's work skinning it, there are some differences but yeah I used yours as a reference Actaully I might have used those connection thingy's from yours (with lack of a better word) so I should remove it

    Nah don't worry man

  • My portfolio

    • Minos
    • February 18, 2008 at 6:29 PM

    Nice stuff, lots of solid work, hope you get that job bro! I agree with the above guys that the site lacks a proper design, maybe you should read about CSS-only sites, they tend to look pretty clean and straightforward, which is exactly what you need for your portfolio. Also, watch out for typos, they are everywhere

    ps: I modeled that minecart afaik lmao

  • Another Uwe Boll gem!

    • Minos
    • February 18, 2008 at 6:19 PM

    Outstanding!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • February 14, 2008 at 10:54 PM

    wow that's quite fast Looks good for such a short time frame.

  • Sao Paulo

    • Minos
    • February 12, 2008 at 3:05 AM

    Bunch of photos I took in Sao Paulo (Brazil's biggest city). They aren't no big deal to be honest... I wouldn't dare to walk on the streets carrying my shitty camera

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thiagoklafke/

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2008 at 1:09 PM

    hamster making his monthly contribution to this wonderful thread

  • Mapcore orgy.. or something

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2008 at 3:06 AM

    Count me in, just give me a shout on steam friends when you guys are playing it.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™