1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • [HL1 SP] Reissues (aka PQL3)

    • Minos
    • May 28, 2008 at 2:32 PM

    This is awesome indeed, very solid design. I don't really dig some of the textures choices though, mixing old hl.wad with philip's high quality textures looks discrepant. Might check it out if I find some free time! Congrats dudes.

    http://reissues.home.att.net/screenshots/sat1.jpg <- very nice

    ps: Update the downloads page in the site :wink:

    edit: I pimped it in the brazilian level design community: http://www.leveldesign.com.br/

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • May 27, 2008 at 10:59 PM

    Maybe you should get them into unreal3 if you are going to use this for your portfolio. Source can't really do specular maps.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • May 26, 2008 at 9:10 PM

    Audiosurf

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • May 26, 2008 at 3:22 AM

    It's obviously not meant to be a game model

  • I am making a DoD:s map.

    • Minos
    • May 26, 2008 at 3:19 AM

    I'm locking this down because it's going nowhere. PM me if you wish to post updates, if you are even working on it still.

  • Indiana Jones 4 (Spoilers inside)

    • Minos
    • May 24, 2008 at 4:07 PM

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080523/fil ... najones_dc

    lol

  • dod_palermo

    • Minos
    • May 24, 2008 at 1:10 PM

    ooh congrats magnar~~ Gonna check it out again when I have some time

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • May 23, 2008 at 7:02 PM

    Does freelance work count as well? I did some offsite freelance work for southlogic from oct 2007 to feb 2008, as environment artist on an upcoming title.

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • May 21, 2008 at 9:53 PM
    Quote from Seldoon182

    As I adviced BJA, try to export your scene as .obj to add more details with Zbrush/Mudbox...

    That's a sweet idea actually

  • big dump

    • Minos
    • May 21, 2008 at 7:56 PM

    That's one hell of a cool lens

  • GTA IV PC!!!

    • Minos
    • May 21, 2008 at 7:33 PM

    Awesome!

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • May 21, 2008 at 7:31 PM

    Quick doodle done in about 40 min just to practise hipoly modeling etc. I know the ornaments aren't really accurate but it was still a good learning experience

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/doodle_gate01.jpg]

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • Minos
    • May 21, 2008 at 2:11 AM

    ohh klein~~

  • New Hulk trailer...

    • Minos
    • May 20, 2008 at 10:51 PM

    hmmm Ed Norton in a brazilian slum? This can't go wrong! Oh wait, Hulk is such an uninteresting hero... anyways, it's got ed norton in it that's reason enough to go the theater

  • Happy Birthday HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    • Minos
    • May 20, 2008 at 10:34 PM

    happy bday thread destroyer =)

  • New 3DS Max 9, 2008 and 2009 SMD export plugin available.

    • Minos
    • May 20, 2008 at 1:43 PM

    Thanks!

  • Crap artist can't get job, whines about it

    • Minos
    • May 20, 2008 at 1:34 PM

    I think he's just another kid who idealizes this industry too much. We all know it's not heaven but it's not hell either, a lame degree in game design will get you nowhere. He should do like I do and get a degree in a field which is going to help him become an specialist, instead of a generalist. I want to be an artist so I'm porsuing a degree in Design (both graphics and product). If he wanted to be a coder he should get a degree in computer sciences/engineering, and so on. I think most "game design" courses are just a waste of time, since they only teach you how to use softwares and that you can do reading free tutorials on the interwebs.

  • [TF2] ctf_aerospace (beta 4)

    • Minos
    • May 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM
    Quote from Freak

    ehm you should add healthkits and ammo packs o.Othere are a lot of flat walls, especially in the base, and you really have to get rid of those dev textures

    ~I like the planes

    He's looking for crits on the layout dude

  • To Vista or not to Vista, thats the question!

    • Minos
    • May 19, 2008 at 10:02 PM

    XP

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • May 19, 2008 at 7:46 PM
    Quote from hessi

    It's a BSP based engine, what do you expect?

    STFU. you even have to look up at wikipedia what BSP means.

    god, i hate it when "artists" talk about technical detail they know shit about (((

    :lol: :lol:

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™