The 128x128 texture cold also be split in smaller parts so you could have tiling textuers.
Posts by Minos
-
-
You would be free to do any size you want. You can either do a full level (wouldn't make much sense though) or remake your favourite area.
-
Two quickies (15 mins on the first - 30 on the second). The first one is very boring but I'm posting it here to track my progress anyway. The second one was actually meant for a daily speed painting thread in cgtalk (the theme was "red") but I got a little carried away and spent extra 20 minutes on it.
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/sp_002_nevasca.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/sp_003_entardecer.jpg]
and a bic pen drawing. I'm thinking of working more on this idea:
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/spaceport.jpg]
-
Very nice. I'd recommend painting some highlights in the watertower, they really give the painting that special touch.
-
That's one hell of a kickass design portfolio guillaume! I love your work, very inspiring. The CS factory map brings back good memories

-
-
Op art ftw!
I remember mazy posted a link in his blog with some op art pieces very similar to those.
-
Tera Patrick is so fucking ugly though...
-
That's amazing.
-
I made a nice crane brush and decided to give it a go in this sucker
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/quick_environment2.jpg]
The brush is pretty cool since it follows the direction of your brush strokes. You can make all kinds of cranes, curved, angled, you name it =)
-
Awesome hourences. I was planning on purchasing the book but it was offline since you were working on the second edition. I'm totally getting it now =)
I also agree with skdr: the cover is very unappealing.
-
A kebab pizza?
-
How about very low poly environments? Let's say 400 tris + one 128x128 texture. Peris also gave a nice idea for a theme: Remake your favourite level from any games. Anyone up for this?
-
Quote
":1mv2mfia]
Yeah well, It's a girl's bedroom!

(Speaking of which, where's the dildo?!)
lol
-
This is really stupid imo... it will look really outdated as soon as the new "next gen" game comes out and is not listed there.
-
So textures should be used within 3 months and then be completely forsaken?
-
What's cliffy doing with a bionic arm

-
The right arm/hand looks weird :x Nice stuff though!
-
Nice, the nose needs some work though!
-
We are learning from the same dvd

Jk, I really dig peris style and he's one of my inspirations of course.