1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Spotlight

    • Minos
    • September 11, 2008 at 2:26 PM

    Perhaps we should do like this and have thumbnails for the featured works on the top of the page.

  • [3Ds Max] Applying smoothing Groups after Unwrapping

    • Minos
    • September 10, 2008 at 9:19 PM

    Or you can just add an "edit poly" modifier on top of your stack if you don't really feel like collapsing your mesh.

  • enterprise-tcw

    • Minos
    • September 10, 2008 at 4:16 PM

    I think it looks kickass!

  • Spotlight

    • Minos
    • September 10, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    Quote from m8nkey

    I also think Hessi is a contender for the most arrogant person on the internets but he's also a fucking good mapper and probably deserved a spotlight for that one.

    lol

    I agree about the mino's map bit!

  • Tattoos and the games industry

    • Minos
    • September 9, 2008 at 8:59 PM

    Opinions are like assholes right

    My only concern was that it would interfere with my career somehow but I'm glad it won't. I'm also not getting anything huge or outrageous so I guess it's ok.

  • Tattoos and the games industry

    • Minos
    • September 9, 2008 at 4:12 AM

    This one goes for everyone who works in the games industry. How are tattoos seen in this industry? I don't think industry people care much about them but who knows... I'd rather not work at a place who doesn't accept a tattooed person anyways. (yeah I'm thinking of getting one)

  • Last.FM

    • Minos
    • September 8, 2008 at 7:20 PM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    is it me or have they removed the link for the winamp plugin from their website? it appears that the only way to get a player to submit tracked listened to is to use their own proprietary player. its very difficult to find the plugin on a 3rd party website. that or im illiterate

    Yeah it took me a while to figure out where the fuck the winamp plugin was as well. There you go:

    http://build.last.fm/item/380

  • Next issue PC ZONE magazine reveals Deus Ex 3

    • Minos
    • September 8, 2008 at 7:17 PM

    /me pets klein

  • Last.FM

    • Minos
    • September 7, 2008 at 2:57 AM

    First Buddy discovers the internet wayback machine, and now HP discovers last.fm... I wonder whos the next one to discover the greatest website of 1996.

    anyways:

    http://www.last.fm/user/min0

  • Old Washroom Scene [wip]

    • Minos
    • September 3, 2008 at 5:04 PM

    Looking kickass so far vivi, I love the outside architecture.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • September 3, 2008 at 5:01 PM
    Quote from skdr

    Eh, it's a mesh... I guess

    Well yeah but I was asking if he used a bend modifier adjusting the original texture to fit it or if that's an unique mesh with a unique texture

  • Fallout 3

    • Minos
    • September 2, 2008 at 2:52 PM

    Hell I hated Morrowind I just hope Fallout 3 is a lot more fast paced than it. The environment definitely lacks some color indeed, I hope you can turn that crappy color correction off.

    I'm really looking forward to this game. As long as you treat it as a spin-off instead of sequel you won't be disappointed imo.

  • Silent Hill 2 for the NES

    • Minos
    • September 2, 2008 at 4:42 AM

    Nice retro feel =)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • September 1, 2008 at 5:44 PM

    Wow looks great.

    Would you mind telling how you did the curved path?

  • Go! Go! Go! Bionic [Commando: Rearmed]!

    • Minos
    • August 30, 2008 at 8:00 PM

    I just got this game and it's quite amazing, well worth the wait =)

    I must be a lot more fun with a joypad though!

  • Meo's digital paintings

    • Minos
    • August 29, 2008 at 10:06 PM

    I really like this one man.

    There's a problem with the atmosphere though. You can't really distinguish the first plane from the second because they have the same coloring. Add some distance fog and that should fix it. The tall building could also use more definition, right now it's just a nice bulky shape with some texture applied to it. Add some subtle hightlights/details to it!

  • Links to sculpting/concept art sites?

    • Minos
    • August 28, 2008 at 9:01 PM

    Hey guys

    Im doing a college presentation next request on the usage of sculpture/clay modeling as a form of concept art for games/movies/tv. I already got quite a lot of material but its difficult finding original concept art from AAA titles/blockbuster movies, so if any of you have any links on this subject that would be amazing.

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • August 28, 2008 at 4:27 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    awesome! Try finding a nice quick brush to paint clouds/fog/dust with and you can make this a lot more awesome =)

    Thanks man

    I made a neat clouds brush, however it's not on my home PC. I also just noticed I was a big fool and collapsed the layers before saving the PSD for this arrgh

  • Any tips or thoughts on good low poly model creation?

    • Minos
    • August 28, 2008 at 4:26 PM

    If you can afford relatively large texture maps (such as 256x256) learn to bake occlusion maps onto your textures. There are numerous tutorials about this on game-artist.net =)

  • Any tips or thoughts on good low poly model creation?

    • Minos
    • August 27, 2008 at 7:49 PM

    Oh yes. Knowing pixel art techniques, such as dithering, is a must when working within true DS specs.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™