1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • We won't go to Ravenholm again.

    • Minos
    • September 23, 2008 at 3:31 PM

    Do'h "full" means "bloom + hdr" as far as I know.

  • GOG.com

    • Minos
    • September 23, 2008 at 3:13 AM

    I'd rather see those games on steam though!

  • stockholm (danger! lots of images)

    • Minos
    • September 22, 2008 at 8:44 PM

    yup Sa74n has a crush on peris... he told me.

  • stockholm (danger! lots of images)

    • Minos
    • September 22, 2008 at 8:12 PM

    Amazine... I want to live there... someday...

  • Jogging

    • Minos
    • September 22, 2008 at 7:36 PM

    Jogging and nicotine don't mix up very well unfortunately I used to go jogging at least 2 times a week but it gets really really boring when you don't have a nice park next to your house.

    I'll be happy if I make it to the forties considering my current life style.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • September 22, 2008 at 7:30 PM

    Nice stuff Arttu, congrats!

  • Gang Garrison II

    • Minos
    • September 22, 2008 at 7:29 PM

    Yeah saw this last week, that forum is quite amazing. Another gem I found in there:

    http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2455.0

  • Serious Thread: My new better portfolio!

    • Minos
    • September 22, 2008 at 2:46 AM

    I don't think you should list Insurgency in your resume, since you haven't really done anything for the mod

    Looks good nevertheless. But yeah, take a look at the article defrag posted =)

  • Fallout 3

    • Minos
    • September 19, 2008 at 4:10 AM

    Wow this is the best site I have ever seen. I just hope they are pouring as much love in the game as they are in the advertising.

    I took the GOAT test and apparently I'd be a good "Marriage Conselor"

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • Minos
    • September 18, 2008 at 10:06 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    [Blocked Image: http://kokosovar.free.fr/kokoshi.jpg]

    FUCK YEAH!!! That's how my kokos should look like!!

  • inspirations

    • Minos
    • September 18, 2008 at 10:00 PM

    /me posts naked women

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • Minos
    • September 18, 2008 at 4:03 AM

    Great as usual. It's crying for a few distant background elements though!

  • Low poly environment - Girl's bedroom

    • Minos
    • September 17, 2008 at 10:23 PM

    It's hard to say. You can get pretty small files working with limited colors. The DS also has backface cull, drastically reducing the polys rendered per frame. I could have actually added a lot more polys to this.

    The texture memory limit for the NDS is 512kb btw. And that includes levels, characters, HUD etc... So it's a really good idea to know pixel art/color reduction techniques such as dithering (which I didn't use on this environment because I was fucking lazy).

  • Metal Gear Solid 4: XSI case study

    • Minos
    • September 17, 2008 at 5:22 PM

    Very nice read indeed, thanks for sharing.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • September 17, 2008 at 5:17 PM

    Just saw this, congrats Frie!

  • Serious thread: Is 0 a number?

    • Minos
    • September 16, 2008 at 11:45 PM

    tl;dr

  • DM-Worm (UT3) (updated beta 2)

    • Minos
    • September 16, 2008 at 10:40 PM

    Looks great, I really like the custom content. I also dig the lighting, it's very comfortable, in opposition to the stock maps that have way too much contrast in my opinion.

    Will give it a try asap!

  • The Ball - Indie FPS Action/Puzzle Game

    • Minos
    • September 16, 2008 at 9:22 PM

    Yup just saw it on the Epic newsletter, congrats man. Too bad krodan didn't make it, I love that map.

  • Spore. Buy. Now

    • Minos
    • September 16, 2008 at 6:51 AM

    I'm also in the second stage. It's been pretty fun so far.

  • SnarkPit Competition Voting...

    • Minos
    • September 15, 2008 at 5:36 AM

    Ohhh Snarkpit =) Used to be one of my favourite mapping sites back then!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™