Quote from kleinlukaWe sent them a cake
http://bethblog.com/
[Blocked Image: http://static.bethsoft.com/blog/Launch%20025.jpg]
Looks like a thing nma-fallout would do... only they would poison the cake before.
Quote from kleinlukaWe sent them a cake
http://bethblog.com/
[Blocked Image: http://static.bethsoft.com/blog/Launch%20025.jpg]
Looks like a thing nma-fallout would do... only they would poison the cake before.
Quote from Senturai think it's about as good as it gets, however i'm too sure about the god rays... i mean the sky looks cloudy, so i dont think it really fits.
I disagree. God rays give the feeling the sun is shining through a hole in the clouds, which makes sense considering we don't have overcast lighting in the map ![]()
Quote from st0lvePeople who haven't tried the originals:http://%7boption%7d
Nice extra content, just got fallout 1 =)
I can never tell if you are actually looking for criticism or just playing an internet personality. Warby pretty much nailed it, these models look outdated and I don't even have that feeling of "old school greatness" in the them. They look outdated just for the sake of it... you could easily paint their textures in double the size since Quake 3 can handle that. Making textures half the size just for the sake of it won't make them look any "cooler" or "old-school", it will just make them pixelated and ugly. There's a reason people make pixelated tiny textures and it's because they look better on a tiny DS screen. You as a polycount frequenter should know that better.
You have potential, experience and skills but you will never get anywhere until you stop working on these outdated stuff and keep up with your time. Quake 3 times are over, get over it and improve your standards.
Lastly, if you want people to respect your art show yourself some respect first. Calling your art "crap" won't help you get constructive feedback.
Cant wait! I know it wont be as good as the previous titles but its a totally different game set in the same universe.
I wont be able to play it until january though, that's when I'll ship my pc to my new home ![]()
Looks much better now, good job warby ![]()
Quote":3rmjxzq3]
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
hahaha ![]()
My top 9:
- Top Gear 3000 (SNES)
- Road Rash (PC)
- Super Mario Kart (SNES)
- Nigel Mansell (SNES)
- Gran Turismo (PSX)
- Crash Team Racing (PSX)
- Twisted Metal (PSX)
- Need For Speed Underground (PC)
- Burnout 3: Takedown (PS2)
Doesn't look very comfy to me Buddy
I like the feeling of isolation, don't change that!
Random ideas peris:
- You can give the central building more importance by placing antennas and junk on top of it. Would improve the composition and focus imo.
- Place some evil birds in the skies! Even though the sky is toxic some animals always manage to adapt themselves to hazardous environments.
- Are you using specular maps? If so tone them up a bit so you can have nice hightights here and there.
- Use more decals, specially ivy ones.
- Post your diffuse maps when you are done with this =)
What I like about this piece is that it does look evil without making use of obvious stuff like skulls, fire, thorns, demons etc... It's a different concept of evil, nice shit!
You don't need criticism dude your art is flawless...
Gamers these days spend so much time looking for flaws and bitching about random things that they forget about the most important: having fun. Seriously guys, being critic is ok but being an ass all the time is annoying. If a game has a minor flaw people will always jump on it and make a big case. I'm not talking about major flaws like plot holes, rubbish design etc... I'm talking about small shit like this:
QuoteVegetation in Africa is made of rubber. If I walk over a plant or drive over it, it magically springs back up.
If that really bothers you then you should go seek a doctor or get a fucking life man.
Quote from st0lvehttp://%7boption%7dVERY, VERY interesting read
I'm looking forward to what they say about FO3.
Nice read ![]()
ps: I'm replaying Fallout 1 atm... never finished it before and hope to do now!
Quote from st0lveFC2 editor is easy to use, but; it's hard to make it look good.I can't get anything to cast shadows, so my maps look kinda cheap. I know how to change the suns position, but it doesn't really effect anything, hell even if it's close to the ground, still doesn't give shadows
Looks like someone's map has a leak here ![]()
QuoteThe Class ClownReckless Sociable Fun Veteran (RSFV)
Why is everyone taking games so seriously? They should lighten up -- it's your job to entertain and mix it up. Your philosophies: rules are made to be broken and games are your playground. The more the better - you're a crowd pleaser and enjoy all the attention to your antics!
You're an old hand at games - you know exactly what games are the best to showcase your talents. You love being creative, so games that let you cut loose and express yourself are winners. Tight games that restrict your movement, are too competitive, and have too many rules make you suffocated and grasping for air.
Your job in most games is clear: show everyone how to have fun and not take life too seriously. After all, it IS just a game right? Most people love you for your antics, some despise it, but screw them - they just don't know how to have fun. Class Clowns are highly sought after in guilds or clans, but watch out, add too many and your community will be a joke.
Quite spot on ![]()
As long as the softwares stay the same and file compatibility is improved then I'm fine with it. Don't forget that autodesk also owns Mudbox, what's next? Zbrush?
Yup this is the kind of thread that usually leads nowhere here at Mapcore... keep it civil dudes ![]()
![]()
I don't know anything about Obama or whether he's capable of running the country or not but I surely prefer him over Mr. Bush's pupil.
Great lighting and mood!